Author Topic: Homeland Security chief Mayorkas: VA staff won’t be drafted to help at Mexican border  (Read 157 times)

rebewranger

Homeland Security chief Mayorkas: VA staff won’t be drafted to help at Mexican border

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Wednesday he will not ask the Department of Veterans Affairs to send staff to the border to help with the expected surge of illegal immigrants, bowing to critics who said the shift would hurt American veterans’ care.

“We are not making that request of the Veterans Affairs Department and the Veterans Affairs Department will not be allocating resources to the border,” the secretary said.

Lawmakers with oversight over the VA said the department had been floating the option of asking for help from the VA as border officials brace to see up to 18,000 illegal immigrants a day.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/4/homeland-security-chief-alejandro-mayorkas-va-staf/

rebewranger

I'd be more likely to believe this if Putin made the announcement. :bs:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is the VA even part of Homeland Security?

VA staffers should be too busy helping veterans.

Send US Park Rangers down to the border.  That way, they can watch out for bears who steal picnic baskets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.