Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 100059 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1550 on: July 15, 2022, 02:30:45 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The US and Russia have signed an agreement for NASA and Roscosmos to resume shared flights to the International Space Station

10:12 AM · Jul 15, 2022 from Washington, DC·Twitter Web App

« Reply #1551 on: July 15, 2022, 02:43:13 pm »
EU Stalls on Ukraine Aid as Fears Spike of Gas Crisis at Home
Bloomberg, Jul 15, 2022

*Bulk of emergency loans remains stuck over details of packages
*Commission warns of risk of economic fatigue among Europeans

The European Union is falling behind on its high-profile promises to deliver a substantial aid package to Ukraine at the same time the bloc is confronting the prospect of severe economic pain at home.

It was nearly two months ago when European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen proposed sending 9 billion euros ($9 billion) in emergency loans to Ukraine. So far, the bloc has only managed to agree on an initial tranche that covers a ninth of that target.

Heading into the traditionally sleepy summer period in Brussels, the EU will face new challenges as the specter of a total cut-off from Russian gas and the tightening of monetary policy risks pushing the region into a second recession in two years.

The European Commission also committed in May to finance the bulk of the reconstruction of the country, which could amount to $750 billion, according to Ukrainian government estimates. That could prove an even thornier debate for the EU as there’s no agreement over how to raise the funds. The commission’s offer scared some member states, wary of the massive effort required to rebuild the country and potential corruption issues, people familiar with the discussion said.

The impact of the war’s economic consequences is weighing on EU governments as they begin to worry about the risk of waning popular support for Kyiv in the coming months, particularly if energy becomes scarcer and pricier.

More;  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-15/eu-stalls-on-ukraine-aid-as-fears-spike-of-gas-crisis-at-home

« Reply #1552 on: July 15, 2022, 07:19:55 pm »
Why not go to another thread to discuss those very important topics, as I am sure there must be dozens of them available, instead of wasting your time here on this thread, which is dedicated to the topic of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Because all of these topics are intertwined @Ghost Bear and go to the overarching questions folks are loathe to even ask, never mind debate: --- "What the hell is really going on, who's pulling the strings and what's in this sh*tshow for the US?"

Nothing about this "war" makes sense ----- not the timing, not the workaround sanctions, not the cash transfers to pay Ukrainian "nurses",  not the lack of oversight to monitor who may be buying our military equipment, not the EU's ongoing resistance to Ukraine's membership, not the US regime blaming Putin for its inflationary policies, energy crisis and supply shortages, not the open US bankbook filled with signed blank checks payable to Ukraine, not ignoring the rise of China in our own backyard while promoting an incessant focus on a border conflict 5,000 miles away involving two non-Nato countries.

If you don't want to discuss these isses, as we should, or ask the tough questions, as is our responsibility, then this is not a thread about the "War in Ukraine".  Rename the thread "Russia Bashing Only" ----- and be done with it.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 04:38:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1553 on: July 15, 2022, 08:14:14 pm »

If you don't want to discuss these isses, as we should, or ask the tough questions, as is our responsibility, then this is not a thread about the "War in Ukraine".  Rename the thread "Russia Bashing Only" ----- and be done with it.

There you go again, showing your real feelings.
Let it burn.

« Reply #1554 on: July 15, 2022, 09:01:57 pm »
There you go again, showing your real feelings.

My true feelings are these @Ghost Bear  ---- The day we become too afraid of the name calling to ask the tough questions, too lazy to do the research and connect the dots is the day we surrender our true security to a gaggle of international corruptocrats.

This my be okay with you ..... but it will never be with me.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1555 on: July 15, 2022, 09:07:53 pm »
My true feelings are these @Ghost Bear  ---- The day we become too afraid of the name calling to ask the tough questions, too lazy to do the research and connect the dots is the day we surrender our true security to a gaggle of international corruptocrats.

This my be okay with you ..... but it will never be with me.

Thanks for calling me "afraid" and "lazy".  By the way, my true feelings are that Putin is an evil tyrant who should die hanging from a gibbet.   :seeya:
Let it burn.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1556 on: July 15, 2022, 09:59:44 pm »
Killer in the Kremlin: New book explores Vladimir Putin’s bloody reign

Atlantic Council by John Sweeney   7/15/2022

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/killer-in-the-kremlin-new-book-explores-vladimir-putins-bloody-reign/

Twenty-two years ago, I walked into a hospital and saw an eight-year-old Chechen girl with a horribly burnt face, the only survivor of seven people in a car blown up in a Russian army attack on a refugee column. Just over two decades later in Ukraine, I saw countless cars with the word “Children” scrawled on them similarly shot up by Russian troops. War crimes on repeat.

I wrote my new book “Killer In The Kremlin” in an attempt to somehow make sense of the man behind the snuffing out of so many innocent lives. There is no doubt in my mind that the Moscow apartment bombings of September 1999 were a black flag operation by the Russian security services to make Vladimir Putin, an insipid spy, look strong. Three hundred people died in Moscow and cities in southern Russia. Putin blamed Chechen terrorists and launched the Second Chechen War in which around 80,000 died.

Putin subsequently invaded Georgia and hundreds more lives were lost. He helped Assad in Syria kill around half a million. In 2014, he invaded Crimea and eastern Ukraine leading to 15,000 deaths. The full-scale invasion of Ukraine this February has added to the butcher’s bill: maybe 40,000 Russian soldiers, 15,000 Ukrainian troops and many thousands of Ukrainian civilians have died so far. Leaving aside Syria, the master of the Kremlin is directly responsible for the deaths of some 150,000 people.

Widely suspected of having blown up the Moscow apartments in 1999, Putin is also closely linked to at least two more suspected black flag operations, the Moscow Theatre Siege of 2002 where around 170 people were killed, and the Beslan siege of 2004, which claimed 333 lives, many of them children. Common to all three mass killings inside Russia was a total lack of transparency about the investigations into what took place. Numerous journalists and politicians who asked difficult questions were poisoned or shot.

Yuri Shchekochikhin was a Russian MP and journalist investigating these mass killings. He had courage, tremendous energy, a nose for a story and, I’ve been told, a fondness for Armenian brandy. In January 2003, he told a friend, “For the first time in my life I feel frightened.”

More at link.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1557 on: July 15, 2022, 10:21:51 pm »
If you watched the video, you'd realize that Biden/dim/RINO fixation on Putin, Russia and Ukraine is a diversion to give cover to our true most dangerous enemy......   The Chicoms.

I'd bet money you didn't watch it.   Calling TC a pompous fool, is about as damned silly thing as you've said yet.

Even without watching the video, I have always believed that Joe's fixation with Russia/Ukraine has been a diversion for his ties with China.  Joe also blames Putin for our sagging economy, lack of oil, empty shelves, and little green martians.

When Joe started stating that he believed that Russia was ready to escalate the war in Ukraine and getting ready to strike without much validity, I saw a red flag.  Then I realized that Joe had been giving Z $$$ to ramp up Ukraine's military months before Putin became more aggressive.  I saw it as Joe taunting Putin. 

Let me be clear before the arrows start heading my way; I am not condoning Putin's attacks on Ukraine anymore than I am condoning the reported attacks in the past of Ukraine against its own people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1558 on: July 16, 2022, 01:18:25 am »
U.K. aid worker held by Ukraine separatists reported dead

Star Advertiser 7/15/2022

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/07/15/breaking-news/u-k-aid-worker-held-by-ukraine-separatists-reported-dead/

A British aid worker detained by pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine has died in captivity, a separatist official and a U.K. charity involved with his case said Friday.

The British government summoned the Russian ambassador in London to demand an explanation.

Daria Morozova, the human rights ombudswoman for the Moscow-backed separatist leadership in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine, said a British “mercenary,” whom she named as Paul Urey, died in captivity on Sunday. She said he had died of chronic illnesses and stress.

The Presidium Network aid charity said Urey’s family had been notified of his death by British officials.

More at link.

« Reply #1559 on: July 16, 2022, 04:30:28 am »
By the way, my true feelings are that Putin is an evil tyrant who should die hanging from a gibbet.   

Cool @Ghost Bear  But, I sent you a list of things that don't make sense about this border war.  Ping me when you'd like to discuss one on the list ... or one of your own.   To save time, here's the starter list:

Because all of these topics are intertwined @Ghost Bear and go to the overarching questions folks are loathe to even ask, never mind debate: --- "What the hell is really going on, who's pulling the strings and what's in this sh*tshow for the US?"

Nothing about this "war" makes sense ----- not the timing, not the workaround sanctions, not the cash transfers to pay Ukrainian "nurses",  not the lack of oversight to monitor who may be buying our military equipment, not the EU's ongoing resistance to Ukraine's membership, not the US regime blaming Putin for its inflationary policies, energy crisis and supply shortages, not the open US bankbook filled with signed blank checks payable to Ukraine, not ignoring the rise of China in our own backyard while promoting an incessant focus on a border conflict 5,000 miles away involving two non-Nato countries.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 04:37:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1560 on: July 16, 2022, 12:19:17 pm »
By the way, my true feelings are that Putin is an evil tyrant who should die hanging from a gibbet.

That is becoming more and more evident with each passing day.  The gulag archipelago is being reinstituted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1561 on: July 16, 2022, 12:29:39 pm »
Killer in the Kremlin: New book explores Vladimir Putin’s bloody reign

Atlantic Council by John Sweeney   7/15/2022

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/killer-in-the-kremlin-new-book-explores-vladimir-putins-bloody-reign/

Twenty-two years ago, I walked into a hospital and saw an eight-year-old Chechen girl with a horribly burnt face, the only survivor of seven people in a car blown up in a Russian army attack on a refugee column. Just over two decades later in Ukraine  .  .  .

To find a Russian leader who has held power longer than Putin, you would have to go back to Tsar Alexander II.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1562 on: July 16, 2022, 12:31:18 pm »
U.K. aid worker held by Ukraine separatists reported dead

Star Advertiser 7/15/2022

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/07/15/breaking-news/u-k-aid-worker-held-by-ukraine-separatists-reported-dead/

A British aid worker detained by pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine has died in captivity

Beatings and torture have a tendency to do that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1563 on: July 16, 2022, 12:32:34 pm »
Cool @Ghost Bear  But, I sent you a list of things that don't make sense about this border war.

See?  There you go again.  This isn't a "border war".  It is a wholesale invasion of Ukraine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1564 on: July 16, 2022, 12:37:26 pm »
Nothing about this "war" makes sense -----

Actually, it is rather simple.  Ukraine has land and resources, and Putin wanted them.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1565 on: July 16, 2022, 12:37:41 pm »
Russia accused of shelling from captured Ukraine nuclear plant

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/news/russia-accused-shelling-ukraine-nuclear-plant

The president of Ukrainian nuclear agency Energoatom said the situation at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant was "extremely tense", with up to 500 Russian soldiers controlling the plant, which is Europe's largest.

Russia is using Europe's largest nuclear power plant as a base to store weapons including "missile systems" and shell the surrounding areas in Ukraine, an official with Kyiv's nuclear agency said on Friday, while nearly the entire country was placed on air raid alert.

The president of Ukrainian nuclear agency Energoatom said the situation at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant was "extremely tense", with up to 500 Russian soldiers controlling the plant.

"The occupiers bring their machinery there, including missile systems, from which they already shell the other side of the river Dnipro and the territory of Nikopol," Petro Kotin said in a televised interview, referring to the city across the water.

The plant in southwestern Ukraine has been under Russian control since the early weeks of Moscow's invasion, though it is still being operated by Ukrainian staff.

More: https://english.alaraby.co.uk/news/russia-accused-shelling-ukraine-nuclear-plant

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1566 on: July 16, 2022, 12:44:45 pm »
Russia accused of shelling from captured Ukraine nuclear plant

Another day, another Putin war crime.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1567 on: July 16, 2022, 04:05:30 pm »
Ukraine Fears Western Capitulation on Russia as Cracks Emerge
Jul 16, 2022

Russia is claiming two significant victories in its ongoing sanctions war with the West, after Canada agreed to waive restrictions on a key gas pipeline component and the European Union clarified its position on the standoff over the Kaliningrad exclave.

[...]

Last weekend brought the Canadian-German decision—supported by the U.S. in a statement issued on Monday—to waive sanctions and release a turbine needed for the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline. The two-year waiver was described by President Volodymyr Zelensky as "weakness" and "absolutely unacceptable."

Merezhko—a member of Zelensky's Servant of the People party—shared a similar view from Kyiv. "To us it's a dangerous political precedent," he explained. "I'm also concerned that with autumn and winter coming some European countries might display more interest in finding a compromise with Russia regarding supply of Russian gas and oil."

"These countries might be even tempted to put political pressure on Ukraine to reach a 'compromise' with Russia, or they might deliberately delay the supply of heavy weaponry we need."

Some Russian sympathizers in Europe have long been skeptical of sanctions. This week, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said the EU had "shot itself in the lungs" via its measures on Moscow.  Other leaders might feel emboldened to voice similar criticisms as the economic situation worsens across the continent.

Moscow is also claiming a win this week over Kaliningrad—Russia's European exclave wedged between Lithuania and the Baltic Sea. Lithuania recently restricted the road and rail transit of certain goods from Belarus and Russia to Kaliningrad in line with EU sanctions.

But following Russian threats and cyber attacks, the European Commission clarified this week that sanctioned Russian goods—excluding military, dual-use, and technology products—should not be stopped from traveling by rail. The Commission was reportedly under pressure from Germany to deliver this de-escalatory interpretation of EU sanctions.

Vilnius—long one of Europe's more hawkish nations on Russia—says it will respect the Commission's recommendation.

More:  https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-fears-western-capitulation-russia-cracks-emerge-1725028 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1568 on: July 16, 2022, 05:38:38 pm »
That is becoming more and more evident with each passing day.  The gulag archipelago is being reinstituted.

@Hoodat

He is so evil I prefer to see him burned at the stake,but I'll take whatever I can get,as long as he quits stealing oxygen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1569 on: July 16, 2022, 05:40:42 pm »
To find a Russian leader who has held power longer than Putin, you would have to go back to Tsar Alexander II.

@Hoodat

AND......,we are all supposed to believe he keeps getting elected.

Sorta like Stalin and Khrushchev kept getting elected.

Not to mention "Slow Joe Biden",a man as evil as either of them,but much,MUCH stupider.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #1570 on: July 16, 2022, 06:01:51 pm »
Even without watching the video, I have always believed that Joe's fixation with Russia/Ukraine has been a diversion for his ties with China.  Joe also blames Putin for our sagging economy, lack of oil, empty shelves, and little green martians.

When Joe started stating that he believed that Russia was ready to escalate the war in Ukraine and getting ready to strike without much validity, I saw a red flag.  Then I realized that Joe had been giving Z $$$ to ramp up Ukraine's military months before Putin became more aggressive.  I saw it as Joe taunting Putin. 

Let me be clear before the arrows start heading my way; I am not condoning Putin's attacks on Ukraine anymore than I am condoning the reported attacks in the past of Ukraine against its own people.

None of this makes sense. You are assuming that Brandon can think and calculate. He try's to shake hands with people who aren't even there not exactly the action of someone who is really sharp.

Russia invaded Ukraine without provocation because Putin saw how incompetent Brandon and his admn. were in withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Putin with popular support of the Russian people has invaded several sovereign nations and butchered numerous people. Putin is a blood thirsty tyrant with no conscience. If he isn't stopped now he, or who ever comes after him, will continue invading neighboring countries. We have an incredible opportunity. The Ukrainians are more than willing to fight to preserve their freedom. All we have to do is supply them with the weapons.

The upside to supporting Ukraine and triggering the collapse of Russia that nobody talks about and which you isolationists should embrace is when Russia collapses the need for NATO ends. The threat is gone and we can pull out of Europe. I'm all for this. I believe deglobalization will be good for America. I just don't want to see us pull out and have to go back.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1571 on: July 16, 2022, 06:40:11 pm »
Cool @Ghost Bear  But, I sent you a list of things that don't make sense about this border war.  Ping me when you'd like to discuss one on the list ... or one of your own.   To save time, here's the starter list:

I agree, there are many strange things happening in the world today which don't make any sense. But none of those things detract from the fact that Putin is an evil tyrant who has launched a war of conquest on another country, and that for his many crimes against humanity he should be hanged from the nearest lamp post.

If it was good enough for Mussolini, it is good enough for Putin.
Let it burn.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1572 on: July 16, 2022, 07:40:43 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1573 on: July 16, 2022, 07:58:05 pm »
Putin's defence minister Sergei Shoigu orders 'shock and awe' attacks on Ukraine in an attempt to stop Kyiv inflicting 'massive damage' with American HIMARS artillery

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11019883/Putins-defence-minister-Shoigu-demands-shock-awe-Ukraine-strike-victims-pictured.html

•   Two days after 24 were killed in Vinnytsya, Shoigu called for more shock and awe

•   Kremlin defence minister claimed attacks will defend Russia against Kyiv rockets

•   New pictures of those slain in busy city centre include mothers and toddlers

•   Maxim Zharyi, seven, could only be identified via DNA after he was hit by rocket

Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu today gave the order to dramatically increase so-called shock and awe attacks on Ukraine.

He claimed Kremlin forces must 'exclude the possibility of the Kyiv regime inflicting massive rocket and artillery strikes on civilian infrastructure and residents of the Donbas and other regions,' according to reports in Moscow.

It followed an on-the-ground inspection by Putin's trusty defence minister - and a National Security Council meeting led by Vladimir Putin.

Shoigu 'gave instructions to further increase the actions of [military] groups in all operational areas', local reports stated.

It was unclear whether the minister's talks with military chiefs were in Russia or occupied Ukraine.

Shoigu's ominous threat came as more details emerged of the tragic victims of Thursday's sickening Russian strike on city Vinnytsya, western Ukraine.

The death toll now stands at 24.

More at link.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1574 on: July 16, 2022, 08:37:58 pm »
Putin's defence minister Sergei Shoigu orders 'shock and awe' attacks on Ukraine in an attempt to stop Kyiv inflicting 'massive damage' with American HIMARS artillery

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11019883/Putins-defence-minister-Shoigu-demands-shock-awe-Ukraine-strike-victims-pictured.html

•   Two days after 24 were killed in Vinnytsya, Shoigu called for more shock and awe

•   Kremlin defence minister claimed attacks will defend Russia against Kyiv rockets

•   New pictures of those slain in busy city centre include mothers and toddlers

•   Maxim Zharyi, seven, could only be identified via DNA after he was hit by rocket

Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu today gave the order to dramatically increase so-called shock and awe attacks on Ukraine.

He claimed Kremlin forces must 'exclude the possibility of the Kyiv regime inflicting massive rocket and artillery strikes on civilian infrastructure and residents of the Donbas and other regions,' according to reports in Moscow.

It followed an on-the-ground inspection by Putin's trusty defence minister - and a National Security Council meeting led by Vladimir Putin.

Shoigu 'gave instructions to further increase the actions of [military] groups in all operational areas', local reports stated.

It was unclear whether the minister's talks with military chiefs were in Russia or occupied Ukraine.

Shoigu's ominous threat came as more details emerged of the tragic victims of Thursday's sickening Russian strike on city Vinnytsya, western Ukraine.

The death toll now stands at 24.

More at link.

All the more reason to increase the number of HIMRS to Ukraine and any other weapons they can use to destroy the invaders.

Kill the barbarians at the gate!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home