Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 98700 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1325 on: July 02, 2022, 06:10:45 am »
Ukraine Has Exposed Russia as a Not-So-Great Power

The Atlantic by Phillips Payson O’Brien 7/1/2022

Kyiv’s success against Moscow forces us to reexamine our assumptions about what it means to be powerful.

I guess this is an easier question than asking what Kabul's success forces us to reexamine. 

« Reply #1326 on: July 02, 2022, 03:00:19 pm »
Still think Ukraine's about "freedom"??

"WH Tells Americans To Stomach High Gas Prices To Save ‘Liberal World Order’"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1542712355368456192

Joe Biden: Drivers Must Pay More for Gas ‘As Long as It Takes’ to Stop Vladimir Putin
Breitbart, Jun 30, 2022

President Joe Biden said Thursday that American drivers should be prepared to pay more for gasoline until Russian President Vladimir was defeated in Ukraine.

“How long is it fair to expect American drivers and drivers around the world to pay a premium for this war?” one reporter from the New York Times asked the president during his press conference in Europe.

“As long as it takes, so Russia cannot in fact defeat Ukraine and move beyond Ukraine,” Biden said. “This is a critical, critical, position for the world.”

The president blamed high gas prices on Russia, despite his policy efforts to restrict oil and gas production in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8PpWXCtjjo&t=5111s&ab_channel=TheWhiteHouse

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1327 on: July 02, 2022, 04:47:07 pm »
What does Slow Joe know about gas prices? He hasn't spent his own money on anything since he left college and entered politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1328 on: July 02, 2022, 05:32:08 pm »
What does Slow Joe know about gas prices? He hasn't spent his own money on anything since he left college and entered politics.
Whaddya mean? Hunter was on the BOD of a Gas Company!

All he needs to know is what happened to his cut.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1329 on: July 02, 2022, 09:40:10 pm »
Screengrab
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1330 on: July 02, 2022, 10:02:23 pm »
Screengrab

Only three announcements in that list have come after the $40 billion package was enacted, the first of which was already in the works before the bill became law.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1331 on: July 02, 2022, 10:04:44 pm »
Joe Biden: Drivers Must Pay More for Gas ‘As Long as It Takes’ to Stop Vladimir Putin

If Biden wanted to stop Putin, he would do everything in his power to bring gas prices down.  Biden is both a liar and a fool.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1332 on: July 02, 2022, 10:28:03 pm »

If Biden wanted to stop Putin, he would do everything in his power to bring gas prices down.  Biden is both a liar and a fool.
Biden 'believes' all the crap he is told by his handlers, the real power doing all of this. But he has no mental faculties to dispute anything. They tell him what to do and what to say and what to believe and he just does it, like a child. Biden has no idea what is going on around him. He is a blank robot doing whatever he is programmed to do by the people controlling him.

He doesn't even read what he signs. The people in charge of America today are the people who write his speeches and the people who load his teleprompter. Biden doesn't have a clue about anything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1333 on: July 02, 2022, 11:17:50 pm »
Whaddya mean? Hunter was on the BOD of a Gas Company!

All he needs to know is what happened to his cut.

@Smokin Joe

He knows he got "his" 10 percent,and that was all he cared about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #1334 on: July 03, 2022, 10:21:55 am »
Joe Kent for WA-3
@joekent16jan19

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you,  the liberal world order -

NEXTA
@nexta_tv
 · Mar 20

Ukrainian media report that the wife of former MP Kotvytskyy tried to take $28 million and 1.3 million euros out of #Ukraine via #Zakarpattya.

The money was found by the #Hungarian border guards and forced to declare it.

8:14 AM · Jul 2, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1335 on: July 03, 2022, 01:25:18 pm »
Joe Kent for WA-3
@joekent16jan19

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you,  the liberal world order -

8:14 AM · Jul 2, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

American tax dollars at work.  All thanks to the American Teal/Yellow badge brigade.   :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1336 on: July 03, 2022, 04:29:23 pm »
Russia claims to have captured last Ukrainian holdout city in Luhansk

By Mark Moore
July 3, 2022

Moscow claimed on Sunday to have captured ​the city of Lysychansk, the last remaining holdout in Ukraine’s Luhansk province, giving its forces control of the eastern Donbas region. 

​Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu​ informed President Vladimir Putin that Russian troops assisted by members of a separatist militia “have established full control over the city of Lysychansk,” ​the ministry said in a statement.

The fall of Lysychansk completes “the liberation of the Luhansk People’s Republic,” the statement said.

A spokesman for Ukraine’s defense ministry said the battle for Luhansk will continue, pointing out that “other large cities in the Donbas area, in particular in the Donetsk region” are still under control of Ukrainian forces.

“These are cities that for the last couple of days [have been] targets of severe missile attacks, artillery shelling​, but the battle for the Donbas is not over yet​,” Yuriy Sak told the BBC on Sunday.​

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/03/russia-claims-to-have-captured-ukrainian-holdout-city-in-luhansk/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1337 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:27 pm »
@Smokin Joe

He knows he got "his" 10 percent,and that was all he cared about.
Naturally. He is just another grifter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1338 on: July 03, 2022, 05:40:45 pm »
American tax dollars at work.

How so?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1339 on: July 03, 2022, 06:03:41 pm »
How so?

$28M USD in just that heist alone.....   Think that U.S. currency was donated (underwritten?) by a benevolent friend?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1340 on: July 03, 2022, 06:37:29 pm »
$28M USD in just that heist alone.....   Think that U.S. currency was donated (underwritten?) by a benevolent friend?

Again, how is this US tax dollars at work?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1341 on: July 03, 2022, 06:52:59 pm »
Again, how is this US tax dollars at work?

Sorry....

I guess this $28M USD appeared out of thin air...... :cool:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1342 on: July 03, 2022, 06:59:53 pm »
Sorry....

I guess this $28M USD appeared out of thin air...... :cool:

For the third time, how is this US tax dollars at work?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1343 on: July 03, 2022, 07:29:12 pm »
For the third time, how is this US tax dollars at work?

And for the 3rd time, I am trying my best not to call you naive.

You are a good guy otherwise.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1344 on: July 03, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »
And for the 3rd time, I am trying my best not to call you naive.

You are a good guy otherwise.

So you are making a claim with zero evidence?  Perhaps you are the naive one here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1345 on: July 03, 2022, 07:39:17 pm »
So you are making a claim with zero evidence?  Perhaps you are the naive one here.

Okay, provide me a plausible source of $USD funds.  From a fleeing politico no less.......

Who beside the US Government would be able to move that volume of (cough cough) $USD?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1346 on: July 03, 2022, 08:03:15 pm »
Okay, provide me a plausible source of $USD funds.

That's not how it works.  You are the one making the claim here, not me.  And it is clearly a claim that you cannot back up.

From a fleeing politico no less.......

Who beside the US Government would be able to move that volume of (cough cough) $USD?

Going out on a limb for a moment by assuming this story is true (with zero evidence), and considering that Kotvytsky has been a businessman in Ukraine for quite some time, it would be highly probable that his business profits could be the source of this alleged (and unproven) discovery.

Now the facts.  His wife Anastasia Kotvitskaya was eight month pregnant at the time.  Yet in the photos accompanying this story, she shows no sign of pregnancy.  How did she pull that one off?  Also, she is caught violating Hungarian law, yet the Hungarian government gives her a do-over, allows her to declare the money before giving it all back to her?  Yeah, right.  And lastly, there is zero follow-up.  Not a single mention of this since this story 'broke' over three months ago.

So where does that leave us?  Not only can you not prove that US taxpayer dollars were involved, you can't even prove that this even happened.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1347 on: July 03, 2022, 08:22:42 pm »
That's not how it works.  You are the one making the claim here, not me.  And it is clearly a claim that you cannot back up.

Going out on a limb for a moment by assuming this story is true (with zero evidence), and considering that Kotvytsky has been a businessman in Ukraine for quite some time, it would be highly probable that his business profits could be the source of this alleged (and unproven) discovery.

Now the facts.  His wife Anastasia Kotvitskaya was eight month pregnant at the time.  Yet in the photos accompanying this story, she shows no sign of pregnancy.  How did she pull that one off?  Also, she is caught violating Hungarian law, yet the Hungarian government gives her a do-over, allows her to declare the money before giving it all back to her?  Yeah, right.  And lastly, there is zero follow-up.  Not a single mention of this since this story 'broke' over three months ago.

So where does that leave us?  Not only can you not prove that US taxpayer dollars were involved, you can't even prove that this even happened.

lol....I love your explanation and tales of rainbows and unicorns pooping skittles.  All I see is a Ukranian (3 month or not) businessman/politico fleeing to  Hungary with $28M USD (95% of the booty vs.Euros), in a (cough cough) during a truly coincidental timeframe (cough cough again) where the U.S. was flooding Ukraine with aid with uuuhhhh what?......  US Dollars.

Proof? He is a political criminal.  Politicos are infamous for being able to decouple the dots.

What is most strange about these threads outside your naivety, is your strange fixation of defending the Ukranian political stucture and its band of thieves.  Maybe you can provide insight of your strange motives for these op-eds when the smoke finally clears, but till then?..... :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1348 on: July 03, 2022, 08:47:50 pm »
So you still have zero evidence that US tax dollars were involved in an alleged unproven event.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 08:50:35 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1349 on: July 03, 2022, 08:58:44 pm »
So you still have zero evidence that US tax dollars were involved in an alleged unproven event.

And the Ukranian politcal machine is pure as snow based on your continuous line of non-sequiturs. In your pro-Ukranian politico realm...  there are never any dots to connect.