Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 100017 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #800 on: May 23, 2022, 03:34:54 pm »
There was a lot of support for the Mujahedin though against the Russians.
We have been here before.

That is true. We supplied the home grown rebels. OBL brought his own money and fighters.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #801 on: May 23, 2022, 03:37:31 pm »
That is true. We supplied the home grown rebels. OBL brought his own money and fighters.
OBL was related to Saudi Royalty, so he had a bunch of money to work with.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #802 on: May 23, 2022, 04:32:45 pm »
"War reporter Aleksandr Kots says that Russian forces have entered Lyman & pushed the AFU back to the western part of the city. The advance is being accompanied by artillery"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1528737229077610499

« Reply #803 on: May 23, 2022, 05:10:48 pm »
Some things never change. The French being "surrender monkeys" is one of them.

From the generation that watched --- without a fight --- American soverenignty destroyed, the American education, economic, judicial and social fabrics stolen and reconstructed by American Marxists --- pointing "surrender monkey" fingers is pretty ironic.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #804 on: May 23, 2022, 05:25:27 pm »
From the generation that watched --- without a fight --- American soverenignty destroyed, the American education, economic, judicial and social fabrics stolen and reconstructed by American Marxists --- pointing "surrender monkey" fingers is pretty ironic.   :laugh:
And that somehow deserves a smiley face?

Not all of that generation went along with that crap, by any means.
You are way out of line with that comment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #805 on: May 23, 2022, 05:31:11 pm »
We never supported Bin Laden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_assistance_to_Osama_bin_Laden

I am pretty sure there is no proof Charlie Wilson had direct ties to Bin Laden.  OTOH...The evidence is pretty strong that our CIA allied with him during their Soviet WAR.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2022, 05:33:16 pm »
OSINT Aggregator
@AggregateOsint
#Italy has circulated a 4-point peace plan to the #UnitedNations for the #UkraineRussiaWar - 1. Immediate ceasefire 2. Permanent #Ukrainian neutrality 3. De facto independence for #Crimea and #Donbas 4. Withdrawal of 🇷🇺 troops and end to 🇷🇺 sanctions.
Wall St. Journal: Italy Circulates 4-Point Peace Plan
2:47 PM · May 22, 2022

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

Italy's plan to end the Russo-Ukrainian war has one major flaw:

It requires Crimea to nominally remain part of Ukraine.

Russia will never agree to that, so the peace plan is dead on arrival.

Ukraine likely won't agree to give up Crimea either.

It would be better to simply omit the status of Crimea from the peace plan.

Aim for a return to the status quo ante, where the two sides disagreed about Crimea's status without fighting a war over it.

3:39 PM · May 22, 2022·Twitter for Android

« Reply #807 on: May 23, 2022, 05:44:54 pm »
And that somehow deserves a smiley face?

Not all of that generation went along with that crap, by any means.
You are way out of line with that comment.

Irony usually makes me laugh.   It can be even more delicious and potent a form of communication than sarcasm.

I didn't say all of the generation sat back without fighting, but ya gotta admit, @Smokin Joe ,  not enough fought to win even one of the fights.

As for my comment being out of line, considering you think everything I post is, I hope you don't mind if I take this latest accusation with a tablespoon of salt.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:21:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #808 on: May 23, 2022, 06:55:14 pm »
‘Ashamed’ Russian diplomat resigns over ‘needless’ Ukraine war

By Snejana Farberov
May 23, 2022

A veteran Russian diplomat to the UN Office in Geneva resigned Monday, writing in a bombshell letter that he felt “ashamed” to play a part in Russia’s “bloody, witless and absolutely needless” war in Ukraine.

Boris Bondarev, 41, who identified himself on LinkedIn as a counselor at Russia’s permanent mission to the UN working on arms control, told Reuters that he arrived at work “like any other Monday morning,” tendered his resignation and walked right out.

He then sent an English-language letter to foreign colleagues, explaining his potentially risky — if not unprecedented — move.

“For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on Feb. 24 of this year,” he wrote, referring to the date of Russia’s invasion.

“The aggressive war unleashed by [Russian President Vladimir] Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps most heinous crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country,” Bondarev continued.

The ex-diplomat, whose career included previous postings in places like Cambodia and Mongolia, confirmed he handed in his resignation in a letter addressed to Ambassador Gennady Gatilov.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/russian-diplomat-to-un-resigns-over-needless-ukraine-war/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #809 on: May 23, 2022, 07:01:05 pm »

I am pretty sure there is no proof Charlie Wilson had direct ties to Bin Laden.  OTOH...The evidence is pretty strong that our CIA allied with him during their Soviet WAR.

Except that they didn't. He hated us for supporting Israel. He didn't need our money anyway. His family is filthy rich from their construction company.  He was paying for the "Afghan Arabs" that went on vacation to Afghanistan.

From an interview with OBL by reporter Robert Fisk in the UK Independent in 1996

We were never at any time friends of the Americans. We knew that the Americans support the Jews in Palestine and that they are our enemies. Most of the weapons that came to Afghanistan were paid for by the Saudis on the orders of the Americans because Turki al-Faisal, the head of Saudi external intelligence, and the CIA were working together.

http://nobsblog.blogspot.com/1996_12_01_archive.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #810 on: May 23, 2022, 08:01:19 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

What is funny is YOU called ME a "Surrender Monkey"!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #811 on: May 23, 2022, 08:07:35 pm »
‘Ashamed’ Russian diplomat resigns over ‘needless’ Ukraine war

By Snejana Farberov
May 23, 2022

A veteran Russian diplomat to the UN Office in Geneva resigned Monday, writing in a bombshell letter that he felt “ashamed” to play a part in Russia’s “bloody, witless and absolutely needless” war in Ukraine.

Boris Bondarev, 41, who identified himself on LinkedIn as a counselor at Russia’s permanent mission to the UN working on arms control, 

@Kamaji

Holding that position at age 41 means his family is VERY politically connected in Russia.

Which indicates to ME,that there are a lot more Russians against the war than the news coming out of Russia would indicate.

Even after taking that into consideration,it was a VERY bold move for him to make.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #812 on: May 23, 2022, 08:18:29 pm »

The CIA gave no direct support to bin Laden, although bin Laden may have received US tax dollars courtesy of Pakistan.  But Soviet troops were gone from Afghanistan only a few months after al Qaeda was formed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #813 on: May 23, 2022, 08:27:09 pm »
@Kamaji

Holding that position at age 41 means his family is VERY politically connected in Russia.

Which indicates to ME,that there are a lot more Russians against the war than the news coming out of Russia would indicate.

Even after taking that into consideration,it was a VERY bold move for him to make.

@sneakypete

More and more Russians appear to be rejecting the invasion of Ukraine.  Did you see the article on the concert in St. Petersburg?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #814 on: May 23, 2022, 08:43:25 pm »
"War reporter Aleksandr Kots says that Russian forces have entered Lyman & pushed the AFU back to the western part of the city. The advance is being accompanied by artillery"

Russians indiscriminately shelling still more Ukrainian civilians.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #815 on: May 23, 2022, 08:47:06 pm »
Russian assault on key Donbas city intensifies

Matt Murphy, BBC  |  10 hours ago

Russia has been intensifying its assault on the strategic city of Severodonetsk.

Russian forces in eastern Ukraine are intensifying attacks on a key city as they seek to seize the Donbas region.

Severodonetsk, the largest city under Ukrainian control in Luhansk province, has come under intense artillery and missile fire from Moscow's forces.

On Sunday, local officials said Russian troops were repelled after trying to enter the city from four directions.

It comes as Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky urged world leaders to end all trade with Russia.  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61547756

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #816 on: May 23, 2022, 08:53:12 pm »
@sneakypete

More and more Russians appear to be rejecting the invasion of Ukraine.  Did you see the article on the concert in St. Petersburg?

@Kamaji

Yes,I did,and while I agree it WAS a bold move for those people to take,given the constant video surveillance by the Neo Soviet authorities,it takes some serious stones for a Russian official to come out in public against the leadership. Especially in regards to an aggressive offensive by the Russian Army against a neighbor nation.

There is just no way Putin can survive all this and maintain power. Thus,all the sudden news reports about his bad health.

BTW,I have been fighting against the urge to refer to the Russian officials as "Soviets",but decided to start referring to them as "Neo Soviets",because that IS what they are. Same clowns,different costumes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 08:54:46 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #817 on: May 23, 2022, 08:59:13 pm »
@Kamaji

Yes,I did,and while I agree it WAS a bold move for those people to take,given the constant video surveillance by the Neo Soviet authorities,it takes some serious stones for a Russian official to come out in public against the leadership. Especially in regards to an aggressive offensive by the Russian Army against a neighbor nation.

There is just no way Putin can survive all this and maintain power. Thus,all the sudden news reports about his bad health.

BTW,I have been fighting against the urge to refer to the Russian officials as "Soviets",but decided to start referring to them as "Neo Soviets",because that IS what they are. Same clowns,different costumes.

:thumbsup:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #818 on: May 23, 2022, 09:27:20 pm »

Russians indiscriminately shelling still more Ukrainian civilians.
Just read some Russian Parliament Member saying that Russia invaded Ukraine for the welfare and benefit of Ukrainian People. This is exactly what almost all invaders say. They are invading to make the country "better".

His words reminded me so much of what America always says when America invades this or that country killing hundreds of thousands or more citizens and destroying/wrecking the whole country. All the invasions America has been involved in for at least 50 years have all been promoted as 'saving' or 'helping' the people there.

Now, Russia is saying the exact same propaganda.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

« Reply #819 on: May 23, 2022, 11:31:07 pm »
Just read some Russian Parliament Member saying that Russia invaded Ukraine for the welfare and benefit of Ukrainian People. This is exactly what almost all invaders say. They are invading to make the country "better".

His words reminded me so much of what America always says when America invades this or that country killing hundreds of thousands or more citizens and destroying/wrecking the whole country. All the invasions America has been involved in for at least 50 years have all been promoted as 'saving' or 'helping' the people there.

Now, Russia is saying the exact same propaganda.

What territory have we annexed for ourselves? What country's resources have we taken by force?

« Reply #820 on: May 24, 2022, 12:01:26 am »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Senator @RogerMarshallMD: ‘War Zone’ At U.S.-Mexico Border ‘Worse’ Than What I Saw At Poland-Ukraine Border

While visiting the U.S.-Mexico border over the last few days, Marshall exclusively told SiriusXM Patriot’s Breitbart News Daily in an interview that the “human tragedy” he has seen from human smuggling to drug trafficking is “the most threatening situation” facing Americans, not the war in Ukraine.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/23/exclusive-roger-marshall-war-zone-at-u-s-mexico-border-worse-than-what-i-saw-at-poland-ukraine-border/

7:46 PM · May 23, 2022    Twitter Web App

« Reply #821 on: May 24, 2022, 12:09:05 am »

Zelensky Requests $5 Billion a Month from Global Community in World Economic Forum Speech
Gateway Pundit, May 23, 2022

In the three-day summit’s opening address, Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky, dressed in his trademark wartime olive-green T-shirt, and projected on monitors from Kyiv, told about 1,000 CEOs and government officials that Ukraine needs $5 billion a month, beginning immediately, in order to stave off full-blown economic collapse—a collapse that would have deep global ramifications.

“The amount of work is enormous,” he said. “We have more than a half a trillion dollars in losses, and tens of thousands of facilities destroyed. We need to rebuild entire cities and industries.”

Yet rather than describing the dire situation as a crisis, Zelensky cast it as a potentially lucrative opportunity for Western countries and companies.

“Patronage” for investors

Zelensky said Ukraine would have a “special, historically significant model of rebuilding,” in which companies and countries could choose a specific region or mine to rebuild. This system, which he called a “patronage,” is meant as a way of attracting the world’s top engineers and architects to Europe’s biggest reconstruction since the aftermath of the Second World War, nearly 80 years ago.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/zelensky-requests-5-billion-month-global-community-sells-investment-ukraine/

Online Hoodat

« Reply #822 on: May 24, 2022, 12:11:57 am »
Russia's blockade will increase starvation and global instability, UN organisation warns

Sky News has been given rare access to the port of Odesa where more than a quarter of a million tonnes of grain has been sitting for months with no means of getting it out to sea.

Dominic Waghorn |  23 May 2022  |  22:30, UK

Russia's blockade of Ukraine will lead to worsening starvation, famine and instability around the world if it cannot be lifted, the World Food Programme has said.

The warning came as Sky News gained rare access to Odesa port on Ukraine's Black Sea coast.

The port should be busy exporting tens of thousands of tonnes of grain but its huge grain elevators stand idle.

Sky was shown a huge grain cargo vessel loaded with 60,000 tonnes.

It should have sailed for Egypt in February but remains moored up thanks to Russia's naval blockade.

Opposite the ship, 30 huge silos stand full of grain.

A quarter of a million tonnes has been sitting there for months with no means of getting it out to sea.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-russias-blockade-will-increase-starvation-and-global-instability-un-organisation-warns-12619892

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #823 on: May 24, 2022, 12:23:14 am »

What territory have we annexed for ourselves? What country's resources have we taken by force?
The Vietnam war was intended to prevent the Communist from confiscating all of the oil production infrastructure which had been established on land and offshore in the South. Kuwait was certainly about oil. Iraq was about oil and keeping Iran and Syria in check so they would not attack Saudi Arabia. I don't what the hell Afghanistan was about, except maybe nation building trying to create a new ally in the region? I don't know? The end goal was never defined in Afghan. All the crap that happened in South America with Oliver North had undefined/unknown nefarious political goals.

There was an attempt to annex Afghanistan and Iraq by proxy. That is to say they wanted to install pro-Western governments in all or parts of the country which would favor the U.S.

A question to you is, 'Have we ever won ANY war/police action/conflict since WWII? How has anyone benefited from any military action in which the U.S. has committed arms and troops since Korea?' No. The answer is no.

Military Industries made trillions. Congressmen made multimillions from bribes and kickbacks. But other than that, they were almost all disasters for the countries involved and for America.

It is not now and never has been America's charter to be the world police, as has been promoted for decades now by people who directly benefited from it. Sometimes, at least once in a while, nations have to settle their own issues, especially if the conflict has no direct or indirect connection to America's wellbeing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:26:23 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #824 on: May 24, 2022, 12:42:20 am »
Russia's blockade will increase starvation and global instability, UN organisation warns

Sky News has been given rare access to the port of Odesa where more than a quarter of a million tonnes of grain has been sitting for months with no means of getting it out to sea.

Dominic Waghorn |  23 May 2022  |  22:30, UK

Russia's blockade of Ukraine will lead to worsening starvation, famine and instability around the world if it cannot be lifted, the World Food Programme has said.

The warning came as Sky News gained rare access to Odesa port on Ukraine's Black Sea coast.

The port should be busy exporting tens of thousands of tonnes of grain but its huge grain elevators stand idle.

Sky was shown a huge grain cargo vessel loaded with 60,000 tonnes.

It should have sailed for Egypt in February but remains moored up thanks to Russia's naval blockade.

Opposite the ship, 30 huge silos stand full of grain.

A quarter of a million tonnes has been sitting there for months with no means of getting it out to sea.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-russias-blockade-will-increase-starvation-and-global-instability-un-organisation-warns-12619892

Even if they could get it out to sea, what insurance company will provide coverage? BTW, the same problem exists for any tankers that might want to carry Russian oil.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home