Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99977 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #600 on: May 18, 2022, 08:12:16 pm »
He came home, got a job, married mom, they had three kids, took us hunting and fishing, taught us how to handle a firearm from an early age, pushed us to get a real education, helped us with college, and served the community, too--he is still active (in administration) of the local VFD--at 90.

I have few heroes in this life, but he is at the top of my list, along with his bride (my Mom) of 69 years.
I have no illusions about just how lucky I have been to be their son.

Everything you wrote here is completely foreign to me.  What a blessing it is to have two parents who love each other and who are involved in the upbringing of their children.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #601 on: May 18, 2022, 08:18:08 pm »
Right.

Because Ukrainians shelled the city for nearly three months.

Ukranians shelled the city since 2014 ---- eight years.

« Reply #602 on: May 18, 2022, 08:19:42 pm »
The steel works was what the Russians were after.

The people can eat dirt and live under bridges, if they can find one intact...

"Liberation" my ass, this is naked conquest.

Russians With Attitude
@RWApodcast

The Illich Steel and Iron Works will be rebuilt

7:15 AM · May 18, 2022·Twitter Web App
Modify message

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #603 on: May 18, 2022, 08:23:20 pm »
Ukranians shelled the city since 2014 ---- eight years.

Bullshit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #604 on: May 18, 2022, 08:49:32 pm »
Bullshit.

That doesn't even begin to describe it.

Offline berdie

« Reply #605 on: May 18, 2022, 09:58:44 pm »
The steel works was what the Russians were after.

The people can eat dirt and live under bridges, if they can find one intact...

"Liberation" my ass, this is naked conquest.

And that is the bottom line. It had to do with steel works, all the manufacturing in the east and access to the Black Sea. Plus, Putin is coo-coo, imho.

And let's throw in a Las Vegas replica in Mariupol.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #606 on: May 18, 2022, 10:17:38 pm »

Ukraine, he said, will soon have mobilised more than a million soldiers who will be trained by the West and equipped with modern weapons, ready to fight and die to protect their homeland against Russia.

@Kamaji

That's all fine and dandy until they put a toe down inside "Holy Mother Russia". They have been living next door to and associating with Russians all their lives now,so let's hope their common sense overrules their excited egos.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #607 on: May 18, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »

General Valery Gerasimov is also said to be making similar tactical decisions, micro-managing the war in minute detail which would normally be overseen by a colonel.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10823033/Putin-meddling-colonel-Russian-president-making-tactical-decisions-troops.html

@Kamaji

MAYBE they should stop and consider this as a good first clue that they need to stop getting their Colonels killed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #608 on: May 18, 2022, 10:22:52 pm »
Russia is hit with yet another mystery blaze: Flames engulf chemical plant adding to speculation over Ukrainian 'sabotage' after series of deadly fires at military sites

By WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE
17 May 2022

A mysterious fire has broken out at a Russian chemical plant today, amid mounting suspicion Ukraine is targeting infrastructure in Russia.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10824709/Flames-engulf-chemical-plant-Russia-adding-speculation-Ukrainian-sabotage.html

@Kamaji

Yeah,causen weeze all nos dat da Ruskies wood neber do dis deaysefs,rite? Muz be does craftie furriners!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #609 on: May 18, 2022, 10:24:16 pm »
Sweden officially signs NATO application as Putin shows weakening resolve and admits he 'has no problem' with them or Finland and Lavrov says it is 'no big deal'

@Kamaji

Well,it really IS "no big deal" as  long as Russia doesn't try to invade them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #610 on: May 18, 2022, 10:27:37 pm »
I don't believe this for a second.  Putin was quite open with his contempt for anything Ukrainian.  At no point did he envision free independent Donbas states, but instead pushed for the total subjugation of the entire country.  Drug addicts, indeed.

@Hoodat

I don't know about you,but *I* would be overjoyed to pretend I believed them if this provided the Russians to "save enough face" to retreat from Ukraine and cease hostilities.

Seems like a small price to pay to me.

« Reply #611 on: May 19, 2022, 01:13:14 am »
Paying attention yet?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #612 on: May 19, 2022, 01:20:05 am »
Paying attention yet?

Jankowicz worked in Ukraine in 2017 when Poroshenko was in power, not in 2019 after Zelenskiy was elected.  The photo caption above is a complete lie.  Paying attention yet?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #613 on: May 19, 2022, 01:31:10 am »
Is Russian Meddling as Dangerous as We Think?

The spectre of foreign manipulation looms over the coming election. But in focussing on the ­tactics of the aggressors we overlook our weaknesses as victims.

Joshua Yaffa  |  September 7, 2020

In the summer of 2017, Nina Jankowicz, a twenty-eight-year-old American, was working in Kyiv as a communications adviser to Ukraine’s foreign ministry as part of a yearlong Fulbright fellowship. Jankowicz had an interest in digital diplomacy and in countering disinformation that was matched by a passion for musical theatre: in Washington, D.C., where she lived for several years before moving to Ukraine, she played Sally in “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” and Audrey in “Little Shop of Horrors.”  .  .  .

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/09/14/is-russian-meddling-as-dangerous-as-we-think

If you're going to post images of Russian propaganda lies, you could at least cite the source you got them from.  The photo was obviously copied from someone's Twitter feed.  But a link to that feed was intentionally withheld.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #614 on: May 19, 2022, 01:38:59 am »
Everything you wrote here is completely foreign to me.  What a blessing it is to have two parents who love each other and who are involved in the upbringing of their children.
I am only sorry more people have not had that.

I didn't know how much I was blessed until I got older, I just thought that it was normal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #615 on: May 19, 2022, 01:56:08 am »
Not even NATO forces need be directly involved.

Provision of weapons to the Ukrainians has cut the number of serviceable Russian tanks and APCs considerably. At some point the losses cannot be absorbed without feeling the pain, and IIRC, one of Russia's sources for the steel used in their armor was the plant the Russians have been busy destroying while the Ukrainians have been fighting in there. They may also be suffering from a chip shortage (Chinese/Taiwan are the main sources). At any rate, their replacement rate is likely not close to the attrition, and at some point if they are going to remain a military power of any credibility they are going to either have to win or withdraw.

Even if the Russians win, at this point they've lost. It looks like the Russians have their land bridge to Crimea as of today. If the war stopped now they could declare victory, but in reality they have lost. The Russian economy has been crippled and it is going to get worse. They have lost, or will lose in the near future, their European gas and oil customers. The Russian defense industry will lose a lot of customers over the long haul. NATO is in the process of expanding. International businesses of all types have pulled out of Russia and will not be returning.

What's worse for Russia is the war will not end today. Ukraine is going to mount a counter offensive and currently fields more soldiers with better weaponry, higher morale, and they are fight not only for their country, but for revenge against the orcs that have committed all kinds of atrocities.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #616 on: May 19, 2022, 01:56:24 am »
Jankowicz worked in Ukraine in 2017 when Poroshenko was in power, not in 2019 after Zelenskiy was elected.  The photo caption above is a complete lie.  Paying attention yet?

The very fact she was already placed in Ukraine in the Poroshenko regime makes he unfit for any security clearance level herself.

Her denial of the Russian Dossier and the Hunter Biden laptop are Exhibits A & B that she should be furloughed immediately.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #617 on: May 19, 2022, 02:07:21 am »
The very fact she was already placed in Ukraine in the Poroshenko regime makes he unfit for any security clearance level herself.

Her denial of the Russian Dossier and the Hunter Biden laptop are Exhibits A & B that she should be furloughed immediately.

Agree 100%.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #618 on: May 19, 2022, 02:13:08 am »
Troubled conscience?

"George W. Bush: "The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean, of the Ukraine"" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1527096876293578753

« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2022, 02:14:52 am »
Jankowicz worked in Ukraine in 2017 when Poroshenko was in power, not in 2019 after Zelenskiy was elected.  The photo caption above is a complete lie.

Like this matters?  When did you become such a champion of the O'Biden corruption machine?

« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2022, 02:59:11 am »
"Ukrainian fighters emerged from the ruined Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol, Ukraine, after being ordered by their military to abandon the last stronghold of resistance in the now-flattened port city."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1527008872816205824

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #621 on: May 19, 2022, 12:41:26 pm »
'Culture of cover-ups and scape-goating' among Russia's top brass has crippled Putin's invasion of Ukraine as 'distracted' generals focus on saving their own skin rather than winning, MoD says

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
19 May 2022

A 'culture of cover-ups and scape-goating' within Russia's military has hobbled its invasion of Ukraine, British intelligence believes, as 'distracted' generals focus on saving their own skin rather than winning.

Putin's top brass are 'increasingly seeking to defer key decisions to their superiors' to avoid being forced to carry the can for any mistakes instead of seizing the initiative and taking the fight to Ukraine, a briefing by the Ministry of Defence said today.

Lieutenant-General Sergei Kisel, commander of the 1st Guards Tank Army, and Admiral Igor Osipov, commander of the Black Sea Fleet, have already been sacked for respectively failing to take Ukraine's second-city of Kharkiv and for the sinking of the flagship Moskva, the UK has said.

It confirms intelligence released by Ukraine last week which suggested they were among a gaggle of generals purged over the blundering invasion - including General Valery Gerasimov, the chief of staff of the Russian armed forces, who was said to have been suspended.

Britain believes that General Gerasimov 'likely remains in post' but says it is 'unclear whether he retains the confidence of President Putin'. It comes after Gerasimov failed to appear during a Victory Day parade in Moscow 10 days ago, with Admiral Osipov also missing from the centrepiece event.

The firings amount to a tactic admission by Putin that his invasion is not going to plan, despite the repeated assurances he has given to the Russian people that the 'special military operation' - as he calls it - is proceeding on schedule and that all objectives will be completed.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10832441/Ukraine-war-Culture-cover-hobbled-Russias-invasion-UK-says.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #622 on: May 19, 2022, 12:43:54 pm »
Russia admits losing TWO officers in day – including a colonel who was sent into the field to replace one killed earlier by Ukraine

By Will Stewart for MailOnline
18 May 2022

Russia has admitted losing two officers in a single day, including one who had been sent to replace a colonel who died fighting earlier in the war.

Lieutenant-Colonel Denis Sukhanov, 41, was reported to have died 'defending civilians' though the exact location and date of his death were not revealed.

Meanwhile Colonel Denis Kozlov, 40, was revealed to have died during a botched mission to cross the Donets River last week that ended with an entire Russian battalion being wiped out.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10828505/Russia-loses-colonel-sent-field-replace-previous-one-Ukraine-killed.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #623 on: May 19, 2022, 12:59:50 pm »
Russia admits losing TWO officers in day – including a colonel who was sent into the field to replace one killed earlier by Ukraine

By Will Stewart for MailOnline
18 May 2022

Russia has admitted losing two officers in a single day, including one who had been sent to replace a colonel who died fighting earlier in the war.

Lieutenant-Colonel Denis Sukhanov, 41, was reported to have died 'defending civilians' though the exact location and date of his death were not revealed.

Meanwhile Colonel Denis Kozlov, 40, was revealed to have died during a botched mission to cross the Donets River last week that ended with an entire Russian battalion being wiped out.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10828505/Russia-loses-colonel-sent-field-replace-previous-one-Ukraine-killed.html

Russian Colonels are the new "No.3 in alQaeda"  .....   Most dangerous job in the world.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #624 on: May 19, 2022, 01:01:28 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-