Author Topic: Democrats Attempt to Make Abortion Key Issue of Midterms  (Read 182 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Attempt to Make Abortion Key Issue of Midterms
« on: May 04, 2022, 02:24:37 pm »
Democrats Attempt to Make Abortion Key Issue of Midterms
By Eric Lendrum
May 4, 2022

In the wake of the news that the Supreme Court is preparing to overturn Roe v. Wade, Democratic politicians and strategists are seeking to turn abortion into the new dominant issue of November’s midterm elections.

Axios reports that strategists hope to target swing states with contested seats for governor and the U.S. Senate, particularly states where abortion could be outlawed if Roe is ultimately overturned. One anonymous strategist pointed to the finality of the leaked draft opinion, written by Justice Samuel Alito, which determines that both Roe, originally decided in 1973, as well as the follow-up case Planned Parenthood v. Casey in 1992, must be completely overturned so that the question of abortion can be decided on a state-by-state basis.

“If this was more nuanced, it might be harder to operationalize, but they came in with a sledgehammer,” said the strategist. “That makes it a lot easier. Cycle after cycle, it hasn’t broken through because people think Roe wouldn’t be overturned. This is something that has a real opportunity to break through.”

However, the more niche issue of abortion might only serve to generate greater enthusiasm and participation among voters who were already likely to vote for Democrats this fall, including young, college-educated women. The same issue most likely will not sway the turnout or final decisions of working-class voters, men, and Hispanics, all of which are key voting blocs that the Democrats have been struggling with in recent years.

We have a real deficit in terms of energy on our side,” said Celinda Lake, a Democratic pollster. “Our base is less energized than their base, and now young voters and independent women are going to be energized.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/05/04/democrats-attempt-to-make-abortion-key-issue-of-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats Attempt to Make Abortion Key Issue of Midterms
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 05:13:27 pm »
Democrats should run on what voters care about and stop running on things that they wish the voters cared about.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 05:26:10 pm »
Democrats should run on what voters care about and stop running on things that they wish the voters cared about.

Democraps don't give a flyin F what voters care about!  Power and money! That's it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 05:58:02 pm »
Abortion is the only issue they have left.  They've been wrong on everything else.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 09:12:06 pm »

Quote of the year
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 10:50:00 pm »
It's unclear --  yet -- how the overturning of Roe will impact the upcoming midterms.
But YES... it IS going to have some kind of impact. How much? Can't say, yet.

The leak may have come too early. Between now and election day we're going to see at least one or two more full scale "black swan" events that could drive the Roe decision "back into the pack".

I sense the leak is really "aimed at" Kavanaugh and Barrett, to coerce them into changing their votes. We already know what Roberts' vote is going to be. And we also know that Thomas, Gorsuch and Alito aren't going to change theirs.

I also think the conservative justices and their families need beefed-up protection for a while. Who knows what the leftist-communists may try...