Author Topic: ‘I See Fascism Down The Line’: ‘The View’ Hosts Lament Over Reported Roe v. Wade Decision  (Read 398 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I See Fascism Down The Line’: ‘The View’ Hosts Lament Over Reported Roe v. Wade Decision

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
May 03, 2022 1:36 PM ET
Font Size:

The hosts of “The View” lamented during a Tuesday episode about the reported Supreme Court majority opinion slated to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The hosts responded to Politico obtaining a draft reportedly written by Justice Samuel Alito, who called the 1973 landmark decision “egregiously wrong from the start.” Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett reportedly joined Alito in the opinion.

Co-host Joy Behar called the decision “devastating” and described how she lost sleep over the news. The panel showed footage of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett saying Roe v. Wade and the 1992 case Casey v. Planned Parenthood are established precedent.

“It sounds to me like all of them thought there was precedent set and that they would honor the precedent,” Behar said. “And now it’s the complete opposite that’s happening. Not that I’m surprised. You and I were talking before, we’re not surprised. We saw this coming. My worry is that this is just the beginning. Next they’ll go after gay marriage and maybe Brown v. Board of Education. They already eroded our voting rights a little bit, so I see fascism down the line here.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/03/fascism-down-the-line-the-view-laments-roe-v-wade/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Joy Behar, noted historian, has decreed that fascism is whatever she disagrees with.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why do we need Congress if the country is going to be run via Executive Orders and Federal Courts?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

“It sounds to me like all of them thought there was precedent set and that they would honor the precedent,” Behar said.

Democrats complained the same way after Brown v. Board of Education overturned "precedent".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, newsflash for Joy: sometimes the S.Ct. rules that the precedents were wrong.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yeah, newsflash for Joy: sometimes the S.Ct. rules that the precedents were wrong.

Shouldn't take a half century to make it right again, either.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald