Author Topic: Senate Democrats will force Republicans to vote on abortion rights  (Read 176 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate Democrats will force Republicans to vote on abortion rights
by Alexander Bolton - 05/03/22 10:45 AM ET

Senate Democrats, outraged by the leak of a draft opinion by conservative Justice Samuel Alito overturning Roe v. Wade, say they will force Republicans to vote on legislation to codify abortion rights but they are not expected to have enough support to pass a bill. 

“Now that the court is poised to strike down Roe, it is my intention for the Senate to hold a vote on legislation to codify the right to an abortion in law,” Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced on Tuesday morning. “A vote on this legislation is not an abstract exercise. This is as urgent and real as it gets. We’ll vote to protect a women’s right to choose.”

Democrats also will put Republicans on record on whether they support exceptions to abortion bans in cases of rape and incest, which the Mississippi law that the Supreme Court is expected to rule on does not allow. 

“We’re discussing at this point what our next move is,” said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). “There is discussion about floor action on this basic issue from the Alito opinion and we’re going to make a decision on that shortly.” 

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3475298-senate-democrats-will-force-republicans-to-vote-on-abortion-rights/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrat Candidates Leverage Leaked Supreme Court Decision to Eliminate Filibuster

Jacob Bliss3 May 202211
3:18

Democrat Senate hopefuls are using a leaked draft of a Supreme Court opinion that would overrule Roe v. Wade to push for the upper House to eliminate the filibuster and codify the right to an abortion.

Senate Democrat candidates — Wisconsin’s Tom Nelson, Ohio’s Rep. Tim Ryan, Wisconsin’s Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes, Pennsylvania’s Lt. Governor John Fetterman — are looking to use the documents published by Politico that claim to be the draft opinion but are not the binding decision of the court unless at least five justices sign it, as leverage to convince Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to eliminate the filibuster.

Democrats have wanted to eliminate the filibuster to make it easier for the left to pass partisan agenda items. The leaked documents will provide another path for the Democrats to try and eliminate the filibuster, a tool that has been used to give the minority party a voice in the Senate.

Nelson’s statement said that Schumer needs to “blow up the filibuster” and codify the right to an abortion and noted that the “leaked opinion shows the high stakes for Wisconsin to replace [Sen.] Ron Johnson.”

“The Supreme Court has shown their hand. Senator Chuck Schumer must call a special session to blow up the filibuster and codify Roe now,” he wrote in a statement.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/03/senate-democrat-candidates-leverage-leaked-supreme-court-decision-to-eliminate-filibuster/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Now is the time for elected officials in the Republican Party to unify and end mass genocide.  But with the high number of RINOs in Congress, do not hold your breath.

We are witnessing the end of the USA as a republic.  A nation that kills its most vulnerable under the guise of women's rights with no consideration for that mass of cells which is NOT considered human is on a self destructive path that will end the country.

Roe vs Wade should never have happened.  Seven men, never elected to anything, should never have had the power to determine the fate of tens of millions of unborn.  They sanctioned mass genocide.  Believe me, Hitler has nothing on the Supreme Court of the USA for mass genocide.  All this done under the law, all done with a focus on eliminating the undesirables, the people of color, Jews, Catholics and the poor.  And the person that fostered all this is literally hailed with a bust in the Civil Rights section of the Smithsonian.  Yes, I am talking about Margaret Sanger, as despicable a creature as Hitler ever was!

At a minimum, this is a states' rights issue, and should be returned to the states.

The last survey I heard of indicated 65% of those surveyed were against abortion.  Last night, it was said that a survey which was not detailed indicated a 49% against and 47% supporting abortion.  I just do not believe that.  The dishonest media will have a field day, pushing a particular agenda.  And all the billionaires that want to depopulate the planet will spend billions to move this in one direction, for failure here will result in undesirables escalating in numbers.

The fact that someone with a law degree leaked this is no surprise to me.  This is huge to the liberal movement.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Now is the time for elected officials in the Republican Party to unify and end mass genocide.  But with the high number of RINOs in Congress, do not hold your breath.

We are witnessing the end of the USA as a republic.  A nation that kills its most vulnerable under the guise of women's rights with no consideration for that mass of cells which is NOT considered human is on a self destructive path that will end the country.

Roe vs Wade should never have happened.  Seven men, never elected to anything, should never have had the power to determine the fate of tens of millions of unborn.  They sanctioned mass genocide.  Believe me, Hitler has nothing on the Supreme Court of the USA for mass genocide.  All this done under the law, all done with a focus on eliminating the undesirables, the people of color, Jews, Catholics and the poor.  And the person that fostered all this is literally hailed with a bust in the Civil Rights section of the Smithsonian.  Yes, I am talking about Margaret Sanger, as despicable a creature as Hitler ever was!

At a minimum, this is a states' rights issue, and should be returned to the states.

The last survey I heard of indicated 65% of those surveyed were against abortion.  Last night, it was said that a survey which was not detailed indicated a 49% against and 47% supporting abortion.  I just do not believe that.  The dishonest media will have a field day, pushing a particular agenda.  And all the billionaires that want to depopulate the planet will spend billions to move this in one direction, for failure here will result in undesirables escalating in numbers.

The fact that someone with a law degree leaked this is no surprise to me.  This is huge to the liberal movement.

:amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien