Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 31845 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The left in a nutshell: Your own personal failures at being responsible must be forced onto others to pay the consequences. In short others must pay for your failures. That is their definition of "justice".

I've left it alone because @Hoodat has already taken it apart upthread but the dissent in Dobbs is free of ANY legal reasoning and, in a just world, world get those who signed on to it severely punished. @DB
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

waiting to hear from my dil who is pro abortion....she told me not too long ago that she wanted this to remain legal so her daughter[my grand daughter could have a choice when she is older].....I had to bite my tongue and leave the room..I could have decked her but since I want to be able to see my grandchildren and not put my son in the position to defend me...it was for the best...

@mystery-ak

To give you a different perspective of the same issue, I grew up as the only child of a single mom who was pro-choice and pro-Roe.   Back then, I would have given anything for a brother or a sister.  Looking at it now, maybe I did.  It breaks my heart to see mothers with their daughters in tow out in the streets championing the killing of the yet-to-be-born.  What sort of message are they imparting to their children?  That they were lucky enough to survive their mothers' whims, while possibly a brother or sister was not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The cigar girl is once again at it, she of the potty mouth

Monica Lewinsky (she/her)
@MonicaLewinsky
bleep you roberts.
bleep you thomas.
bleep you alito.
bleep you kavanaugh.
bleep you gorsuch.
bleep you coney barrett.
9:57 AM · Jun 24, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1540348344735633410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1540348344735633410%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcitizenfreepress.com%2Fbreaking%2Fmonica-lewinsky-has-a-potty-mouth%2F

Monica may soon learn that there are consequences to being a slut.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Those of the right have cause to be jubilant today, no doubt about that at all. This is a big win.

But... I sense there may be (to coin a term from John Ross' book) unintended consequences, as yet unseen as a result of the Dobbs decision.

What was it that Yamamoto is credited with having said after his triumphant attack upon Pearl Harbor?

The "great resolve" of the left -- which is far more driven than that of conservatives, who will think they can now go on to no longer worry about the abortion issue any more -- has the potential to wipe the crest away from the "red wave" that's supposed to be coming in November.

We shall see.

Offline Hoodat

Utterly disgusted by how many of my friends are outraged at this, particularly my age and younger.

Mostly men, I'm guessing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I actually think we also need to give credit to GHWB. He appointed Thomas and without his (Thomas’) leadership, this never would have happened. IMHO

Clarence Thomas is one of the greatest Supreme Court Justices of all time.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin:

Nothing is more important to me or to this Department than the health and well-being of our Service members, the civilian workforce and DOD families.

Clearly, making political statements about Supreme Court decisions ranks higher in the 'importance' category than the health and well-being of our Service members.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Those of the right have cause to be jubilant today, no doubt about that at all. This is a big win.

But... I sense there may be (to coin a term from John Ross' book) unintended consequences, as yet unseen as a result of the Dobbs decision.

What was it that Yamamoto is credited with having said after his triumphant attack upon Pearl Harbor?

The "great resolve" of the left -- which is far more driven than that of conservatives, who will think they can now go on to no longer worry about the abortion issue any more -- has the potential to wipe the crest away from the "red wave" that's supposed to be coming in November.

We shall see.

Maybe it's time for you to take a look outside that liberal hellhole you live in @Fishrrman

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If I were 20 years younger, I'd hop in my car and drive the 40 minutes down to SCOTUS/Capitol.

Have a 300mm zoon that would catch "The Rage" on their faces.

My prostate won't allow it.

If I was 400 miles closer, I would come by and pick you up.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

We shall see.

Democrats were in a rage when blacks were allowed to share the same spaces as whites.

That's what Democrats do.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Okay how much does the Fed Gov give to Planned Parenthood...and will it stop now?

updated

How much money does the US government give Planned Parenthood?
approximately $530 million
Its combined annual revenue is US$1.3 billion, including approximately $530 million in government funding such as Medicaid reimbursements.

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Planned_Parenthood
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:06:45 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What rights were stripped from men?
We never had rights anyway. If I had a right to reproduce, I and countless others wouldn't be in an existential crisis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If I was 400 miles closer, I would come by and pick you up.

Drive around the Capitol Building at least once a week traveling from "NE" to "SE", "SW, NW" in my travels.

I know the close side streets with dead alleys where I could leave my car and just walk 2 or 3 blocks,
but don't want to suddenly have to bolt/run back to pee in a container.

Have a great photo of several young teenaged girls who were down at the SCOTUS back in 2000, vs GORE!

I'll look for it and post it.  They're all mothers themselves today.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:16:48 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

We shall see.

I'm not quite following @Fishrrman I would think that most conservatives are still going to vote conservative after today, so how would that affect the "red wave" unless you believe that there are conservatives against today's decision. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

To give you a different perspective of the same issue, I grew up as the only child of a single mom who was pro-choice and pro-Roe.   Back then, I would have given anything for a brother or a sister.  Looking at it now, maybe I did.  It breaks my heart to see mothers with their daughters in tow out in the streets championing the killing of the yet-to-be-born.  What sort of message are they imparting to their children?  That they were lucky enough to survive their mothers' whims, while possibly a brother or sister was not.

I had hoped she would change her mind after giving birth to two babies...but no..and I was shocked to find out her mother is pro abortion also.. :shrug:

One funny thing re my son...he was dating a young woman when he got back from Iraq..I think it was getting serious until she told him she had an abortion in her late teens...that was the end of that romance and then he met my dil...she is so conservative on everything but abortion.. :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

Have a great photo of several young teenaged girls who were down at the SCOTUS back in 2000, vs GORE!

I was in Tallahassee at that time having a blast heckling David Boies.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mostly men, I'm guessing.
Women, believe it or not. Though there was one man who—as openly as possible—called for assassinating SCOTUS justices. Amazingly (/sarc), Facebook hasn't booted him.

Millennial/Gen-Z women are vicious when it comes to abortion. They will throw an absolute tantrum if their "right" to kill their own child in the womb turns out not to actually exist. I've heard stats say somewhere around 1 in 4 have done it, though I can't remember where that stat came from.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not quite following @Fishrrman I would think that most conservatives are still going to vote conservative after today, so how would that affect the "red wave" unless you believe that there are conservatives against today's decision.

@libertybele

Understand perfectly well what @Fishrrman means.

We handed them the single most volatile issue as a guaran-freakn'-teed can't lose "Get-Out-The-Vote" weapon of mass destruction.

PHONY as it may well be...it's the vehicle they'll point to when the 'votes' are tallied.   

And we'll bend over and ask for another.

We need to impress upon the voters that abortion is still legal and available.

LOL!  I'm reminded of the movie TOMBSTONE, when Sam Shepard as Wyatt Earp's brother, says to the angry crowd as
he's nailing up the "NO CARRYING GUNS INSIDE CITY LIMITS!"

"Nobody is saying that you can't own/carry a gun. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ79nNquQ0c
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:37:34 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Okay how much does the Fed Gov give to Planned Parenthood...and will it stop now?

updated

How much money does the US government give Planned Parenthood?
approximately $530 million
Its combined annual revenue is US$1.3 billion, including approximately $530 million in government funding such as Medicaid reimbursements.

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Planned_Parenthood

Just sent my Rep an email asking about funding of PP
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Woods Rips Monica Lewinsky over Her ‘F**k’ SCOTUS Rant: ‘You’re Going to Need a Bigger Dress’

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1540444427105083393
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
4h
BREAKING REPORT: Leftist Group Announce Mass Protest Outside Justice Clarence Thomas’ Home Tonight, PROVIDES ADDRESS, offers to car pool...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacy Rae 🇺🇸
@stacyhrae
·
2h
JUST IN: Oklahoma bans abortions effective immediately.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Next big fight looms over abortion pills

Abortion pills are likely to become the next major front of the fight over reproductive health care in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

Republican-led states have been moving to limit or even completely ban access to the drugs, and advocates worry the Supreme Court’s decision will embolden even more states to crack down.

Immediately following the ruling, Attorney General Merrick Garland said the Justice Department will protect the right to an abortion, including medication abortion.

“We stand ready to work with other arms of the federal government that seek to use their lawful authorities to protect and preserve access to reproductive care,” Garland said in a statement.

“In particular, the [Food and Drug Administration] FDA has approved the use of the medication Mifepristone. States may not ban Mifepristone based on disagreement with the FDA’s expert judgment about its safety and efficacy,” Garland said.

President Biden on Friday also pledged to protect access to abortion pills, though the White House is limited in what it can do.

In brief remarks, Biden said he was directing the Department of Health and Human Services to ensure that abortion pills would be available to the “fullest extent possible,” without specifying what measures the department would be taking.

There are two pills needed for a medication abortion, which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Mifepristone, a drug that blocks hormones necessary for pregnancy, was approved in 2000. It is then followed by misoprostol, which causes contractions and helps empty the uterus.

Medication abortion has become an increasingly common method for ending pregnancies. According to the Guttmacher Institute, it accounted for 54 percent of all abortions in 2020.

The FDA temporarily lifted a requirement that mifepristone be dispensed in-person at a clinic or hospital because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Biden administration made the change permanent in December, paving the way for doctors to prescribe the drug digitally and then mail the pills to patients.

Likely in anticipation of the Supreme Court’s decision, state lawmakers introduced a flurry of restrictions on medication abortion this year. There are currently 19 states, mostly in the South and Midwest, that ban providers from prescribing abortion pills through telemedicine.

In 32 states, clinicians who administer medication abortion are required to be physicians.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3536457-next-big-fight-looms-over-abortion-pills/
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
4h
BREAKING REPORT: Leftist Group Announce Mass Protest Outside Justice Clarence Thomas’ Home Tonight, PROVIDES ADDRESS, offers to car pool...

A gross violation of law!  What will Merrick Garland do?

- J. R. R. Tolkien