Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 32104 times)

Offline Kamaji

Doesn't look like there'll be any opinions out today.

Oops!  My bad!  They just released one.  Sorry folks.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Becerra v. Empire Health Foundation, For Valley Hospital Medical Center

5-4 decision

Held: In calculating the Medicare fraction, individuals “entitled to [Medicare Part A] benefits” are all those qualifying for the program, regardless of whether they receive Medicare payments for part or all of a hospital stay. Pp. 7–19.

KAGAN, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which THOMAS, BREYER, SOTOMAYOR, and BARRETT, JJ., joined. KAVANAUGH, J., filed a
dissenting opinion, in which ROBERTS, C. J., and ALITO and GORSUCH, JJ., joined.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:13:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Held: In calculating the Medicare fraction, individuals “entitled to [Medicare Part A] benefits”

No one is "entitled" to money taken from others at the point of a gun.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/1540336729785245697

LITO, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which THOMAS, GORSUCH, KAVANAUGH, and BARRETT, JJ., joined. THOMAS, J., and KAVANAUGH, J., filed concurring opinions. ROBERTS, C. J., filed an opinion concurring in the judgment. BREYER, SOTOMAYOR, and KAGAN, JJ., filed a dissenting opinion.

Interesting that Roberts is looking for some middle ground; still, he makes the holding a 6-3 holding.

Offline Hoodat

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

-Matthew 6:33

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Well, there goes the weekend's peace.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

It'll be interesting to see what changes were made from the leaked draft to the now-published opinion.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Holy cow they actually did it!

6-3. Wasn't even close.

Roe is gone! Praise God!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yep....

Looks like an all-TV weekend for sure.  I must start popping the corn... :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:24:46 pm by mystery-ak »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm surprised Roberts concurred...
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It'll be interesting to see what changes were made from the leaked draft to the now-published opinion.

From what I heard them read of the decision on Newsmax...there weren't any changes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Looks like an all-TV weekend for sure.  I must start popping the corn... :2popcorn:

I'll be here....what a birthday present....I am ecstatic!!!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The court’s three liberals, Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, filed a joint dissent.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

The court’s three liberals, Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, filed a joint dissent.

I'm surprised that each didn't draft his/her own dissent, to which the other two would have joined.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now more than ever we will here calls to *expand the court*.... :smokin:
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Now more than ever we will here calls to *expand the court*.... :smokin:

Yup.