Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 32112 times)

Offline bilo

No one denied you that right.  You exercised your right by handling your body as you saw fit.  And the result of your free willful action was to create another singular Constitutionally-protected life.  And as members of society, we all have the right to direct our States to formulate laws regarding the valuation of human life for the betterment of our society.

This is so spot on!

I'm pro-choice like most people are. I believe an adult woman should have the freedom to choose to have sex with any willing adult partner. However, where I disagree with the pro-abortionists is I think any adult woman has to live with the consequences of her choice for at least nine months. After all, We expect the father of the child to be responsible for at least the next 18 years as a consequence of his choice if the mother decides to raise her child. Adults in a civil society are expected to be responsible for the consequences of the choices they make.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

@bilo

There is no way in HELL the alleged Republican "party people" will EVER give Trump ANY credit for anything positive. In THEIR "minds",only genuine dedicated "Party People" should EVER possess ANY political power,never mind power of them and the alleged Republican Party of today.

Truth to tell,they would rather see a leftist Dim in the WH than Trump. It's "who" they are.

"Orange Man Bad!"

I know, you're right.

But you know what? I will forever love Donald Trump for having nominated 3 of the 5 justices that did this. How many times did we end up with a Roberts or Souter from the "oh so smart" DC Rino's. We finally have real judges on the SCOTUS with some backbone, who it looks like finally ended this federal abomination.

I know there are some really radical leftist states, but even there I like our chances to get people to change their laws for the better. I may not get everything I want but at least we are moving in the right direction.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online cato potatoe

I just remembered Dumbya was forced to nominate Alito when Harriet Miers withdrew.  He is probably fuming about this draft, and Laura must be giving him hell.  Brush-clearing time on the rainch. 

Offline Hoodat

I just remembered Dumbya was forced to nominate Alito when Harriet Miers withdrew.

I give 'W' some credit on this one.   It was a lot easier getting Alito on the court after the Miers fiasco than it would have been without it.  I think somebody did this on purpose.

The part I won't forgive is naming Roberts as Chief Justice.  That title should have gone to Clarence Thomas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I give 'W' some credit on this one.   It was a lot easier getting Alito on the court after the Miers fiasco than it would have been without it.  I think somebody did this on purpose.

The part I won't forgive is naming Roberts as Chief Justice.  That title should have gone to Clarence Thomas.

True about Thomas, and as for Roberts, I just Boosh would have appointed a conservative Associate Justice.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

:pondering: :pondering:

Not sure if anyone in the shrub WH was smart enough to be that sly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Harriet Miers' nomination was Andy Card's bungled attempt to get her out of the White House ... emblematic of the F-up, move-up mentality of today's elite ... people get promoted instead of fired ... that's one of the many reasons why America is underperforming its potential.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I just remembered Dumbya was forced to nominate Alito when Harriet Miers withdrew.  He is probably fuming about this draft, and Laura must be giving him hell.  Brush-clearing time on the rainch.
:silly:

That place is going to look like a golf green yet....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

Wow. OUTSTANDING!  :patriot:

Hopefully he got through to some of them.

It sure got quiet.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
True about Thomas, and as for Roberts, I just Boosh would have appointed a conservative Associate Justice.

He did...Sam Alito.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He did...Sam Alito.

His appointment of Souter V2.0 as Chief Justice was a cruel strike.  But yes, he also gave us Alito.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:silly:

That place is going to look like a golf green yet....

I could be wrong, but I think that ranch is now in W's rear-view mirror.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
His appointment of Souter V2.0 as Chief Justice was a cruel strike.  But yes, he also gave us Alito.

And the funny thing about Roberts is that from what I remember in his rulings not he DC court and in his philosophy during his conformation hearings he was a Conservative justice worthy of replacing Justice Rehnquist.  Mark Levin and Rush were impressed with him.

Either someone got to him or he was just pretending...but he's turned out to be a real disappointment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's kinda funny that the same people that goy extremely upset at parents standing up at school board meetings and wanted them labeled as domestic terrorists have no problem with the SCOTUS justices being doxxed and protests happening outside their houses.

Offline corbe

In about 2028 (if we are still here) they will overplay their hand and pizz off the few remaining GOPers that can possibly do anything.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

It's kinda funny that the same people that goy extremely upset at parents standing up at school board meetings and wanted them labeled as domestic terrorists have no problem with the SCOTUS justices being doxxed and protests happening outside their houses.

:thumbsup:

Online Right_in_Virginia

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

In a technical dispute about health insurance reimbursements for kidney dialysis, the Supreme Court sides with a health insurer, rejecting a claim from DaVita Inc. (one of the nation's largest providers of dialysis) that the insurer's low reimbursement rates violated federal law.

Here's the opinion from Brett Kavanaugh in Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Health Benefit Plan v. DaVita: https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1641_3314.pdf    Kagan (joined by Sotomayor) dissents in part.

10:02 AM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:55:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

In the second (but not final) opinion of the day, the Supreme Court narrows the definition of "crime of violence" in a federal criminal statute. The court agrees with a criminal defendant that the definition excludes attempted robbery under the Hobbs Act.

Here's the 7-2 opinion from Neil Gorsuch in United States v. Taylor: https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1459_n7ip.pdf
Thomas & Alito dissent.

10:11 AM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

The Supreme Court strikes down a Washington law that made it easier for certain workers to get workers' comp from the federal government if they became sick while cleaning up a decommissioned nuclear site. SCOTUS says the law violates the doctrine of intergovernmental immunity.

Here’s the opinion from Stephen Breyer in United States v. Washington: https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21-404_i5ea.pdf. The decision is unanimous.

10:22 AM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

The Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN a Maine education program that provides tuition assistance for students to attend some private schools but excludes schools that provide religious instruction. SCOTUS says the exclusion of religious schools is unconstitutional.

Here's the opinion from John Roberts in Carson v. Makin: https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1088_dbfi.pdf. The vote is 6-3 along ideological lines, with Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan in dissent.

10:32 AM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

In its final opinion of the day, SCOTUS rules on the scope of the All Writs Act, a 233-year-old statute that gives federal courts broad power to issue orders. The case involved an Ohio death-row prisoner trying to develop new evidence to challenge his conviction and sentence.

Here is the opinion from John Roberts in Shoop v. Twyford: https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21-511_o75p.pdf. The vote is 5-4. The three liberals + Gorsuch dissent.

10:42 AM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

Next SCOTUS opinion day:  Thursday, Jun 23

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Another week gone, and another week for the extreme left to "work on" the evil Handmaiden Justices who say Roe v Wade was wrongly decided.
I will NOT comply.