Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 32101 times)

Offline bilo

Precedent is no substitute for codification as written law.

The Rats and Rino's had 50 years to pass a law and they didn't.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Nolte: Left’s Lunatic Embrace of Infanticide Helped Kill Roe v. Wade

If the obscenity that is Roe v. Wade is overturned, you can blame Democrats for openly embracing infanticide.

If the obscenity that is Roe v. Wade is overturned, you can blame Democrats for two reasons. The first is that for 50 years — despite countless opportunities — Democrats did nothing legislatively to legalize abortion. (Why would they when solving the issue would dry up fundraising and ginning up the base?) Secondly, rather than agree to limits on abortion, limits a vast majority of Americans see as reasonable, Democrats instead demanded the legal right to commit straight-up infanticide.

Back in the 1990s, abortion was nowhere near as controversial as it is today. Why? Because former President Bill Clinton and the Democrat party pushed the idea of abortion being “safe, rare, and legal.” Now, that was not my opinion of abortion at the time, nor is it my opinion today. I want all abortions outlawed — and I am allowed to say that because, as I write this, I’m identifying as a woman — a black woman, actually; a lesbian black woman with a harelip.

Where was I?

So, despite my own beliefs on the issue, a wide swath of America was pretty comfortable with the abortion issue.

We had a national consensus around “safe, rare, and legal.”

Then we didn’t…

Most civilized countries place limits on abortion, anywhere from 12 to 20 weeks. This is why in most civilized countries, abortion is not a galvanizing issue. Most people agree abortion should be legal, most people agree that there must be time limits, and the abortion laws reflect that consensus.

The same is true with Americans. Regardless of my own opinion of the atrocity of abortion, there’s no question that 1) a majority of the public want abortion to remain legal and 2) an even bigger majority want limits placed on abortion.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/04/nolte-lefts-lunatic-embrace-infanticide-helped-kill-roe-v-wade/

This is part of the reason abortion is such a big issue. The Congress never did anything. If Congress had passed laws concerning abortion the SCOTUS would probably never have taken up the issue.

I'm glad Congress never did anything and now it looks like it will go back to the States. I am Pro-Life and I think we can win in most States.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Scarborough: Roe Draft Leaker's a 'Fanatical' 'Hard Right' Activist... Possibly Ginni Thomas!
Mark Finkelstein
May 4th, 2022 11:48 AM

Joe Scarborough began today's Morning Joe with an act of repentance to the lords of the left, screaming, "what was I thinking?" after admitting he had been a Republican for years.

He then argued that the likeliest scenario is that the draft Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade was leaked by a "fanatical" person on the "hard right" who was trying to prevent any of the Justices who had signed onto the draft from drifting away from Alito's opinion. John Heilemann helpfully agreed with Scarborough, saying he would put money on Scarborough's take as the likely explanation.

MSNBC Republican Elise Jordan then proclaimed that "hell has frozen over," because she agreed with Ted Cruz that the leaker was probably someone on the left.

Oh, the temerity to disagree! She argued that if someone on the right had leaked it to keep, for example, Justice Kavanaugh from straying, that would likely have backfired. But Jordan also suggested, without naming names, that the leaker might have been the "spouse" of a SCOTUS Justice. Scarborough jumped on that, naming names, speculating about Ginni Thomas as another possible leaker. She's a "fanatical" advocate on the "hard right" in the view of the MSNBC bubble.

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2022/05/04/scarborough-roe-draft-leakers-fanatical-hard-right-activist
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Scarborough: Roe Draft Leaker's a 'Fanatical' 'Hard Right' Activist... Possibly Ginni Thomas!
Mark Finkelstein
May 4th, 2022 11:48 AM

Joe Scarborough began today's Morning Joe with an act of repentance to the lords of the left, screaming, "what was I thinking?" after admitting he had been a Republican for years.

He then argued that the likeliest scenario is that the draft Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade was leaked by a "fanatical" person on the "hard right" who was trying to prevent any of the Justices who had signed onto the draft from drifting away from Alito's opinion. John Heilemann helpfully agreed with Scarborough, saying he would put money on Scarborough's take as the likely explanation.

MSNBC Republican Elise Jordan then proclaimed that "hell has frozen over," because she agreed with Ted Cruz that the leaker was probably someone on the left.

Oh, the temerity to disagree! She argued that if someone on the right had leaked it to keep, for example, Justice Kavanaugh from straying, that would likely have backfired. But Jordan also suggested, without naming names, that the leaker might have been the "spouse" of a SCOTUS Justice. Scarborough jumped on that, naming names, speculating about Ginni Thomas as another possible leaker. She's a "fanatical" advocate on the "hard right" in the view of the MSNBC bubble.

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2022/05/04/scarborough-roe-draft-leakers-fanatical-hard-right-activist

Joe is an idiot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/eNHNgvE5Siy_mFTH4Ey3mw?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These people are sharing very personal parts of their life that I'd really rather not hear about.  Yet somehow Progressives want to force us to hear about it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain
17h
Meet Elizabeth Deutsch. She's currently a law clerk for Justice Breyer.
And, in my humble opinion, she's the most likely person to have leaked the draft Supreme Court opinion in Dobbs, purporting to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I have no inside information. This thread is speculation, based almost entirely on publicly available information. I could easily be wrong. Cool? Cool.

Her academic background isn't that uncommon for Supreme Court clerks. Yale undergrad, Yale law, and 2 British Master's degrees, from LSE and Cambridge.

Do note the Master's degree in Gender.

Here's where things start to get interesting. Every law student has to write a note - a long legal research paper, usually making a novel argument about the law.  Elizabeth Deutsch wrote hers about reproductive rights and abortion. Specifically, she argued that Obamacare's non-discrimination provision should be interpreted to *force* Catholic hospitals to perform "emergency abortions."

Aggressive argument - and hey, law students make aggressive arguments.

While in law school she wrote a NYT op-ed about reproductive rights. Sensing a theme here. ... After her clerkships, she got a Gruber fellowship at the ACLU for a full year.

What was she working on?  You guessed it. Abortion and reproductive rights.  ...
Her husband, Isaac Arnsdorf, writes for the WashPost, and in the past worked alongside Josh Gerstein, the Politico reporter who published the leaked draft opinion. Full thread at https: //twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1521685971015802880 (take out space after https)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Looks like her career path is about to change from 'lawyer and future judge' to 'liberal college professor'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Her husband, Isaac Arnsdorf, writes for the WashPost, and in the past worked alongside Josh Gerstein, the Politico reporter who published the leaked draft opinion. Full thread at https: //twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1521685971015802880 (take out space after https)

Sounds like we may have a "winner" here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sounds like we may have a "winner" here.

I think it's the Wise Latina's clerk who did the deed.  He's known Gerstein for years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

‘Jane Roe’ daughter: Overturning Roe v. Wade ‘could take us back 50 years’
Brad Dress - 4h ago

The eldest daughter of the woman who brought Roe v. Wade before the Supreme Court in 1973 warned on Tuesday that overturning the landmark decision that established the constitutional right to an abortion “could take us back fifty years.”

Melissa Mills, the eldest daughter of Norma McCorvey, who was known as “Jane Roe,” said in an interview with MSNBC that she was in “disbelief” by the leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court showing the court’s conservative majority could overturn Roe v. Wade and abortion rights.

Mills said it should be a “woman’s given right to be able to handle her own body.”

“That shouldn’t be anybody else’s choice but that woman,” Mills added. “We came all this way and 50 years later … we’re stepping back from all these strides for women.”

McCorvey was a working-class mother of two in Texas when she became pregnant with a third child. She wanted to terminate her pregnancy, but could not legally do so under the state’s abortion ban.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jane-roe-daughter-overturning-roe-v-wade-could-take-us-back-50-years/ar-AAWUMhW
Support the USO

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Any more concrete info (leaker/s) please ping me. Having to type one handed, please excuse typos (Gout left hand)
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

Mills said it should be a “woman’s given right to be able to handle her own body.”

“That shouldn’t be anybody else’s choice but that woman,” Mills added.

No one denied you that right.  You exercised your right by handling your body as you saw fit.  And the result of your free willful action was to create another singular Constitutionally-protected life.  And as members of society, we all have the right to direct our States to formulate laws regarding the valuation of human life for the betterment of our society.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Any more concrete info (leaker/s) please ping me. Having to type one handed, please excuse typos (Gout left hand)

I have had Gout Toe.  Can't imagine gout thumbs!  Ouch
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I think it's the Wise Latina's clerk who did the deed.  He's known Gerstein for years.
Two leftist clerks with connections to Gerstein. What a coinkydink.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
These people are sharing very personal parts of their life that I'd really rather not hear about.  Yet somehow Progressives want to force us to hear about it.
Recall the 'love that dare not speak'?

It's how they roll.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Looks like her career path is about to change from 'lawyer and future judge' to 'liberal college professor'.
Someone should get an inmate number over this...not a career boost.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Two leftist clerks with connections to Gerstein. What a coinkydink.

Can't we just charge them all and be done with it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All I can say, if this holds up, is thank you Donald Trump and the 5-6 justices who made up the majority.

@bilo

There is no way in HELL the alleged Republican "party people" will EVER give Trump ANY credit for anything positive. In THEIR "minds",only genuine dedicated "Party People" should EVER possess ANY political power,never mind power of them and the alleged Republican Party of today.

Truth to tell,they would rather see a leftist Dim in the WH than Trump. It's "who" they are.

"Orange Man Bad!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

Can't we just charge them all and be done with it?

Or suck their guts out with a vacuum?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich

Psaki asked about the Supreme Court leak and whether the White House condemns it or whether it is welcomed. She says they don’t have a view of the leak. Remarkable.

3:45 PM · May 4, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline Hoodat

Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich

Psaki asked about the Supreme Court leak and whether the White House condemns it or whether it is welcomed. She says they don’t have a view of the leak. Remarkable.

3:45 PM · May 4, 2022   Twitter Web App

Because they already knew about it beforehand.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO