Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 31850 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
California is now considering a bill that allows a woman to kill her baby up to 28 days after giving birth.  Now women in Mississippi who wanted to kill their babies in the womb can simply wait until after they give birth, bring their babies to California, and have their 'abortions' performed there.

Cali wants to pay the air fare and Hotel expenses to all comers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

California is now considering a bill that allows a woman to kill her baby up to 28 days after giving birth.  Now women in Mississippi who wanted to kill their babies in the womb can simply wait until after they give birth, bring their babies to California, and have their 'abortions' performed there.

I think the roll back of federal authority is a great first step. Now the battle will be in the States. I like our chances!

I think the States that have the most radical views on abortion are the same States that will want to secede if conservatives have control of the Legislature and Presidency. I say let them. Lets end the culture war and go our separate ways.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
drum roll please   ****drummer

Obamas issue strong statement on leaked Roe v. Wade opinion
by Olafimihan Oshin - 05/03/22 4:44 PM ET

Former President Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama issued a strong statement criticizing the draft Supreme Court opinion knocking down the Roe v. Wade decision, saying it would limit U.S. freedoms just like other past actions by the court.

Today, millions of Americans woke up fearing that their essential freedoms under the Constitution were at risk,” the couple said in the joint statement on Tuesday.

Well, I agree on that point.

“If the Supreme Court ultimately decides to overturn the landmark case of Roe v. Wade, then it will not only reverse nearly 50 years of precedent — it will relegate the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3476045-obamas-issue-strong-statement-on-leaked-roe-v-wade-opinion/
Not exactly what I had in mind, there Barry-O, I was still thinking about the ministry of disinformation and its effect on my First Amendment Right to free speech...That his leak conveniently rabbit holed virtually everyone's attention away from.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Publius1951

As I witnessed the recent pro-choice protestors rail against the leaked Supreme Court draft decision proposing to overturn Roe v. Wade, I made the following observations. Has anyone ever noticed how liberals have such a limited vocabulary? Every other word is the F… word. These protestors are young, indoctrinated communists who believe America is the root cause of evil in the world. They are the same people who believe in Black Lives Matter, the Critical Race Theory, the 1619 Project, reparations, white privilege, microaggressions, abolishing free speech (for everyone but them), climate change, assorted gender identities, and abortion. They have no sense of right or wrong. They have never been taught morals, ethics, or values. They are totally absorbed in their own self-importance. They are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. Watch the attached video and you might decide America is not such a bad place after all.

https://rumble.com/vn6t8f-america-the-beautiful.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Left Ghoulishly Glamorizes Abortion
By Bob Hoge | May 04, 2022 7:00 AM ET

Newsflash: The Left actually celebrates abortions. My colleague Brandon Morse already expertly covered this morbid behavior back in 2020, but with the recent leak of a SCOTUS opinion striking down Roe v Wade — and the Left’s unhinged reaction to it — it seems like the perfect time to re-visit the subject.

Abortion has been a complicated issue for decades, and despite predictions at the time, 1973’s Roe v Wade did not magically make these divisions go away. In fact, the infamous decision arguably made the divide wider because its legal foundation was pathetic, and it basically just made up a brand new right that was never enumerated in the Constitution or its amendments.

Whichever side of the argument you’re on, however, it’s despicable to glamorize what should at the very least be a sober event. Death penalty advocates aren’t known to celebrate executions with confetti and dance, but that’s what some of these sick puppies do.

Reader Caution: extremely obnoxious behavior ahead, like these college girls:

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/05/04/the-left-ghoulishly-glamorizes-abortion-n559625
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obamas Urge Their Followers to Take to the Streets to Save Roe
By Athena Thorne May 03, 2022 6:49 PM ET

excerpt:

Former President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, have dusted off their aloof, cool, intellectual act to bless us with their thoughts on the recent development. The former president tweeted out a document entitled “Statement by President and Mrs. Obama on the Draft Supreme Court Decision to Overturn Roe v. Wade.” Apparently forgetting he was no longer the president, Barack also forgot how important precedent and custom are, as he used his position and power to pressure sitting Supreme Court justices on a case they are currently considering:

Today, millions of Americans woke up fearing that their essential freedoms under
    the Constitution were at risk.

If the Supreme Court ultimately decides to overturn the landmark case of Roe v.
    Wade, then it will not only reverse nearly 50 years of precedent – it will relegate the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues.

Got that, Alito, Thomas, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Barrett? And don’t even think about it, Roberts!

“The consequences of this decision would be a blow not just to women, but to all of us who believe that in a free society, there are limits to how much the government can encroach on our personal lives,” the luminaries of the vaccine-mandate party laughably assert.

The sainted couple then warns, “… we recognize that while many are angry and frustrated by this report, some of those who support Roe may feel helpless and instinctively turn back to their work, or families, or daily tasks telling themselves that because this outcome may have been predictable, there’s nothing any of us can do.” The Obamas list off some hypothetical examples of the sad situations in which people may find themselves, which could be alleviated by terminating an unwanted or unviable pregnancy. (And indeed, all of these examples are heartbreaking.) “Think of any of the hundreds of thousands of women each year who deserve the dignity and freedom of making a decision that is right for their bodies and their circumstances,” implore the historic couple.

Then they issue their call-to-action:

But we’re not asking you to just think about these people. We’re asking you to join with the activists who’ve been sounding the alarm on this issue for years and act. Stand with them at a local protest. Volunteer with them on a campaign. Join with them in urging Congress to codify Roe into law.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/athena-thorne/2022/05/03/obamas-urge-their-followers-to-take-to-the-streets-to-save-roe-n1594897
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

The former president tweeted out a document entitled “Statement by President and Mrs. Obama on the Draft Supreme Court Decision to Overturn Roe v. Wade.” Apparently forgetting he was no longer the president, Barack also forgot how important precedent and custom are, as he used his position and power to pressure sitting Supreme Court justices on a case they are currently considering ...
He also apparently forgot he was a "constitutional law professor" at one time*, because his words indicate he knows nothing.

* :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Precedent is no substitute for codification as written law.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He also apparently forgot he was a "constitutional law professor" at one time*, because his words indicate he knows nothing.

It obviously doesn't take much to be a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As I witnessed the recent pro-choice protestors rail against the leaked Supreme Court draft decision proposing to overturn Roe v. Wade, I made the following observations. Has anyone ever noticed how liberals have such a limited vocabulary? Every other word is the F… word. These protestors are young, indoctrinated communists who believe America is the root cause of evil in the world. They are the same people who believe in Black Lives Matter, the Critical Race Theory, the 1619 Project, reparations, white privilege, microaggressions, abolishing free speech (for everyone but them), climate change, assorted gender identities, and abortion. They have no sense of right or wrong. They have never been taught morals, ethics, or values. They are totally absorbed in their own self-importance. They are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. Watch the attached video and you might decide America is not such a bad place after all.

https://rumble.com/vn6t8f-america-the-beautiful.html

:yowsa: I've noticed.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Obama was never a constitutional law professor, or any professor for that matter.  He was a lecturer for 12 years.  At no point during that 12 year span did the University of Chicago deem him worthy enough of an associate professor position.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

It obviously doesn't take much to be a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago.

He was never a professor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senator Joe Biden Voted to Allow States to Overturn Roe v. Wade
Spencer Brown

Posted: May 04, 2022 9:00 AM

As Katie reported on Tuesday, President Biden reacted to the SCOTUS leak and apparently looming end of Roe v. Wade saying that he'd previously directed the "Gender Policy Council and White House Counsel’s Office to prepare options for an Administration response to the continued attack on abortion and reproductive rights, under a variety of possible outcomes in the cases pending before the Supreme Court." In addition, Biden said that "if the Court does overturn Roe, it will fall on our nation’s elected officials at all levels of government to protect a woman’s right to choose."

But President Biden has not always been such an ardent supporter of a woman's — or birthing person's, according to his budget request — right to kill their unborn child.

As a relatively new U.S. Senator, Biden voted for a 1982 proposal that would have allowed individual states to overturn Roe v. Wade within their jurisdiction.

Early in his senate tenure, Biden "concluded that the Supreme Court went 'too far' on abortion rights in the Roe case," a position that would be entirely foreign to President Biden today. In fact, Biden's old position is not far off from the argument made in the leaked draft of Justice Alito's decision.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/05/04/joe-biden-voted-to-allow-states-to-overturn-roe-v-wade-in-1982-n2606675
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He was never a professor.

:yowsa: I know that and considered pointing it out myself but decided on the snide remark instead.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Obama was never a constitutional law professor, or any professor for that matter.  He was a lecturer for 12 years.  At no point during that 12 year span did the University of Chicago deem him worthy enough of an associate professor position.
I know. But that didn't stop his groupies from telling us he was a ConLaw professor.

Online mountaineer

Conservative NJ lawyer Ron Coleman comments:
Ron Coleman
@RonColeman
If you'll leak a draft SCOTUS opinion while serving in the most desirable, privileged post attainable by a young law school graduate -
at the very dawn of your career -
you'll do *anything* based on your own definition of expediency
8:31 AM · May 3, 2022

Online corbe

Maybe he realizes that since his wife can knock him up he should have a say in this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online andy58-in-nh

To Progressives, life, liberty and property are not, in the words of Barack Obama, "essential freedoms".

The only "right", so called, that they truly value is the ability to kill their unborn children.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Left Ghoulishly Glamorizes Abortion
By Bob Hoge | May 04, 2022 7:00 AM ET

Newsflash: The Left actually celebrates abortions. My colleague Brandon Morse already expertly covered this morbid behavior back in 2020, but with the recent leak of a SCOTUS opinion striking down Roe v Wade — and the Left’s unhinged reaction to it — it seems like the perfect time to re-visit the subject.

Abortion has been a complicated issue for decades, and despite predictions at the time, 1973’s Roe v Wade did not magically make these divisions go away. In fact, the infamous decision arguably made the divide wider because its legal foundation was pathetic, and it basically just made up a brand new right that was never enumerated in the Constitution or its amendments.

Whichever side of the argument you’re on, however, it’s despicable to glamorize what should at the very least be a sober event. Death penalty advocates aren’t known to celebrate executions with confetti and dance, but that’s what some of these sick puppies do.

Reader Caution: extremely obnoxious behavior ahead, like these college girls:

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/05/04/the-left-ghoulishly-glamorizes-abortion-n559625
Sacrificing babies on the altar of convenience?
Just another sect of the anti-human cult (also found in the ranks of the Climate Change people).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nolte: Left’s Lunatic Embrace of Infanticide Helped Kill Roe v. Wade

If the obscenity that is Roe v. Wade is overturned, you can blame Democrats for openly embracing infanticide.

If the obscenity that is Roe v. Wade is overturned, you can blame Democrats for two reasons. The first is that for 50 years — despite countless opportunities — Democrats did nothing legislatively to legalize abortion. (Why would they when solving the issue would dry up fundraising and ginning up the base?) Secondly, rather than agree to limits on abortion, limits a vast majority of Americans see as reasonable, Democrats instead demanded the legal right to commit straight-up infanticide.

Back in the 1990s, abortion was nowhere near as controversial as it is today. Why? Because former President Bill Clinton and the Democrat party pushed the idea of abortion being “safe, rare, and legal.” Now, that was not my opinion of abortion at the time, nor is it my opinion today. I want all abortions outlawed — and I am allowed to say that because, as I write this, I’m identifying as a woman — a black woman, actually; a lesbian black woman with a harelip.

Where was I?

So, despite my own beliefs on the issue, a wide swath of America was pretty comfortable with the abortion issue.

We had a national consensus around “safe, rare, and legal.”

Then we didn’t…

Most civilized countries place limits on abortion, anywhere from 12 to 20 weeks. This is why in most civilized countries, abortion is not a galvanizing issue. Most people agree abortion should be legal, most people agree that there must be time limits, and the abortion laws reflect that consensus.

The same is true with Americans. Regardless of my own opinion of the atrocity of abortion, there’s no question that 1) a majority of the public want abortion to remain legal and 2) an even bigger majority want limits placed on abortion.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/04/nolte-lefts-lunatic-embrace-infanticide-helped-kill-roe-v-wade/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Sen. Rosen: ‘My Phone’s Been Ringing off the Hook’ over Leaked SCOTUS Ruling — ‘Women and Girls Are Crying’

During Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) weighed in on the possibility that Democrats codify the 1976 Roe v. Wade ruling into law ahead of the midterm elections.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/04/dem-sen-rosen-my-phones-been-ringing-off-the-hook-over-leaked-scotus-ruling-women-and-girls-are-crying/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

During Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) weighed in on the possibility that Democrats codify the 1976 Roe v. Wade ruling into law ahead of the midterm elections.

Nevada Sen. Rosen can't stand the thought of allowing people from Mississippi to determine their own laws.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Wait, Bork believed rights came only from government?
Biden says abortion is a right bestowed by God.

https://twitter.com/JunkScience/status/1521877062377787398
Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
...The President also misrepresented the views of Robert Bork. Biden declared that "Bork believed that the only reason you had any inherent rights was because government gave them to you."
11:30 AM · May 4, 2022·

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
...Bork rejected the use of the Constitution, particularly the 9th Amendment, to create doctrines around unenumerated rights. However, he stated “I am far from denying that there is a natural law, but I do deny...judges have any greater access to that law than do the rest of us.”
11:33 AM · May 4, 2022·
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:49:59 pm by mountaineer »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Crenshaw: SCOTUS Leaker ‘Going to Get a Great Gig on MSNBC,’ ‘Will Become a Spokesperson for the Pro-Abortion Movement’

Trent Baker 4 May 2022

On Wednesday, Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) reacted to the leak of the Supreme Court’s draft opinion overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling.

Crenshaw told FNC’s “Fox & Friends” that the leaker acted as a “martyr” to “get a great gig on MSNBC” and “become a spokesperson for the pro-abortion movement.”

“We are in an unhinged place right now in this public debate,” Crenshaw declared. “And look, that was exactly the point of the leak, I think. one of the most egregious violations of the sanctity of the Supreme Court. And I hope there is serious consequences to it, but let’s be honest, what this leaker probably believes is they are going to be made a martyr. They’re going to get a great gig on MSNBC. They might be disbarred, but they’re going to get a great gig on the left. They’re going to become a spokesperson for the pro-abortion movement, and that is a real shame.”

He added, “It also goes to show how the left thinks of the court. So, if you believe that this leak will shift public opinion, then by definition, you believe that the court’s decisions are based on public opinion. But that’s not what the court is. The court is not another legislative body. The court is supposed to be a group of legal experts that deliver their legal opinion and their interpretation of the law. So, the left knows they don’t have a really good case on Roe v. Wade when it comes to legal interpretation of the law. They know that because there’s absolutely nothing in the Constitution that gives a right to an abortion.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/04/crenshaw-scotus-leaker-going-to-get-a-great-gig-on-msnbc-will-become-a-spokesperson-for-the-pro-abortion-movement/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:50:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO