Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 31867 times)

Offline Kamaji

When November gets here, they are going to look back and realize that they were way early.  The level of leftist fervor now will have worn itself out in six months time.

From your lips to God's ear!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This was totally preplanned and strategized.  Everything will lead right to Barack Obama's gang.

When the nation is in intensive care, this abortion nonsense is nothing but chasing the backyard squirrel. 

They need to wrap FOXNEWS up and get the word out that it's the end of Abortion.  It's the end of federal funds for abortion, and it's an individual State that determines if they will be done within their borders.

California and New York and probably Maryland have already stated they will welcome Out-of-State pregnancies and that the State may pick up part of the tab.

Legislation is also being written in Connecticut making it an abortion sanctuary state.

Online roamer_1

When November gets here, they are going to look back and realize that they were way early.  The level of leftist fervor now will have worn itself out in six months time.

There will be another issue if/when this one begins to flag. The only necessary thing is to keep everyone either white-hot mad or scared to death.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Victoria Toensing floats idea on what to do with ‘every single’ SCOTUS clerk to find the leaker

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/03/victoria-toensing-floats-idea-on-what-to-do-with-every-single-scotus-clerk-to-find-the-leaker-1233585/

FTA:

Toensing insisted that it must have been one of the justice’s clerks, due to the court’s track record of having no leaks for so long, while blaming clerks as the newcomers (though the court has had new clerks for all of its existence,) saying that “this court has gone on for so long with nary a leak, and the law clerks are the only newcomers to the institution.”

Did she just say it had to be an Alito Clerk?  If she meant any of the "Justices," the word should have been "Justices'," not "Justice's."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

FTA:

Did she just say it had to be an Alito Clerk?  If she meant any of the "Justices," the word should have been "Justices'," not "Justice's."

... Or would imply the new Justice and staff... All the same, it is all gossip until there is evidence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Far-Left ‘Squad’ Members Call for Abolishment of the Filibuster, Expansion of Supreme Court

Far-left members of the “Squad” — Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) —  are calling for the abolishment of the filibuster and the expansion of the Supreme Court in reaction to a leak of a draft Supreme Court opinion overruling Roe v. Wade.
Hannah Bleau3 May 2022, 12:59 PM PDT

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/03/far-left-squad-members-call-for-abolishment-of-the-filibuster-expansion-of-supreme-court/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

FTA:

I didn't read it that way.  I read it as referring to the justices as a group; i.e., that it would have been one of the clerks for one of the justices, not just one of Alito's clerks.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
drum roll please   ****drummer

Obamas issue strong statement on leaked Roe v. Wade opinion
by Olafimihan Oshin - 05/03/22 4:44 PM ET

Former President Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama issued a strong statement criticizing the draft Supreme Court opinion knocking down the Roe v. Wade decision, saying it would limit U.S. freedoms just like other past actions by the court.

“Today, millions of Americans woke up fearing that their essential freedoms under the Constitution were at risk,” the couple said in the joint statement on Tuesday.

“If the Supreme Court ultimately decides to overturn the landmark case of Roe v. Wade, then it will not only reverse nearly 50 years of precedent — it will relegate the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3476045-obamas-issue-strong-statement-on-leaked-roe-v-wade-opinion/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 3, 2022 1:25pm EDT
Leo Terrell on 'Fox & Friends': Democrats are 'ecstatic' after Supreme Court leaker changed the news cycle
Terrell says leak of SCOTUS draft opinion on abortion case shifts focus from 'disastrous' Biden policies
Fox News Staff
By Fox News Staff | Fox News

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/leo-terrell-roe-v-wade-supreme-court-leak-democrats
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Gee, where to begin?

“Today, millions of Americans woke up fearing that their essential freedoms under the Constitution were at risk,” the couple said in the joint statement on Tuesday.

What about my freedom as a Georgian to decide through my State legislature what abortion laws we should have?

“If the Supreme Court ultimately decides to overturn the landmark case of Roe v. Wade, then it will not only reverse nearly 50 years of precedent —

You mean like Brown reversing 50 years of segregation?

it will relegate the most intensely personal decision someone can make

The most intensely personal decision someone can make is what led to the pregnancy in the first place.  And no government entity stands in the way of that.

. . . to the whims of politicians and ideologues.”

'Ideologues' are what gave us Roe to begin with.  The Constitution is what is giving us Dobbs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

My Theory for what it's worth, It's all about Squirrels

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

Yeah.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
In 1982, Biden tried to overturn Roe v Wade…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/in-1982-biden-tried-to-overturn-roe-v-wade/

When Joe Biden Voted to Let States Overturn Roe v. Wade

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/us/politics/biden-abortion-rights.html

It was a new era in Washington in 1981, and abortion rights activists were terrified.

With an anti-abortion president, Ronald Reagan, in power and Republicans controlling the Senate for the first time in decades, social conservatives pushed for a constitutional amendment to allow individual states to overturn Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court ruling that had made abortion legal nationwide several years earlier.

The amendment — which the National Abortion Rights Action League called “the most devastating attack yet on abortion rights” — cleared a key hurdle in the Senate Judiciary Committee in March 1982. Support came not only from Republicans but from a 39-year-old, second-term Democrat: Joseph R. Biden Jr.

“I’m probably a victim, or a product, however you want to phrase it, of my background,” Mr. Biden, a Roman Catholic, said at the time. The decision, he said, was “the single most difficult vote I’ve cast as a U.S. senator.”

The bill never made it to the full Senate, and when it came back up the following year, Mr. Biden voted against it. His back-and-forth over abortion would become a hallmark of his political career.

As Mr. Biden prepares for the possibility of a third presidential run, women’s rights leaders and activists in both parties are recalling these shifts on abortion, which are likely to draw fresh scrutiny in a Democratic primary race where women are expected to make up a majority of voters.

Online Hoodat

Schumer, Pelosi: Draft Roe ruling ‘would go down as an abomination’

Democrats said the exact same thing about Brown v. Board of Education 68 years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I didn't read it that way.  I read it as referring to the justices as a group; i.e., that it would have been one of the clerks for one of the justices, not just one of Alito's clerks.

As Frank Zappa said, "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe. "
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Democrats said the exact same thing about Brown v. Board of Education 68 years ago.
Incidentally, the beginning of the Warren Court's reign of terror that would last 30 years, well after Earl Warren's death. That rogue court issued so many flawed rulings and precedents that they usurped the authority and responsibility of the court to impose its own agenda on the American public, including corrupting the state legislatures. It lasted at least until Plyler v. Doe in '82.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
After Roe is reversed I think the Biden Admin could coordinate flights for women wanting abortions from Red states to Blue states like they do for Illegal Aliens. They can call it Kill Air.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

As Frank Zappa said, "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe. "

"It doesn't, and you can't!
I won't, and it don't!
It hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't
And it shouldn't
It couldn't!"
He told me "No no no!"
I told him "Yes yes yes"!
I said: "I do it all the time;
Ain't this boogie a mess!"

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Legislation is also being written in Connecticut making it an abortion sanctuary state.
There is some serious irony there, given Connecticut's stance toward gun control. Maybe they are afraid the fetuses will arm themselves...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
After Roe is reversed I think the Biden Admin could coordinate flights for women wanting abortions from Red states to Blue states like they do for Illegal Aliens. They can call it Kill Air.
or "Dead Air" like CNN+
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The Ukraine War thread can be unlocked.  :laugh:   :bolt:

Ukraine has turned into Libya II.  It's abortion and killing us in the mid-terms with another round of mail-in ballot bullshit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

California is way ahead of you.....
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

California is way ahead of you.....

California is now considering a bill that allows a woman to kill her baby up to 28 days after giving birth.  Now women in Mississippi who wanted to kill their babies in the womb can simply wait until after they give birth, bring their babies to California, and have their 'abortions' performed there.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-