Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 31862 times)

Offline Hoodat

It certainly means that the Court must (a) vet its clerks and staff better, and (b) put more limitations on who can access a justice's drafts.

The Dems have been embracing lawlessness for over a decade now.  Rules don't matter to them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think the reason for the hyperventilating and gloom and doom hand wringing by the left is because they know if a fraudulent right like Roe is overturned...there's a possibility the court will do the same to the other imaginary "rights" the court has created over the decades.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

The Dems have been embracing lawlessness for over a decade now.  Rules don't matter to them.

If it was that clerk from Yale, I would hope all of the justices would put a moratorium on accepting new clerks from Yale until Yale establishes that it has successfully implemented a standard, traditional legal ethics requirement for all students.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

If it was that clerk from Yale, I would hope all of the justices would put a moratorium on accepting new clerks from Yale until Yale establishes that it has successfully implemented a standard, traditional legal ethics requirement for all students.

Amit Jain clerks for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

As a Yale student, Jain blasted Yale for supporting Brett Kavanaugh's nomination.

Jain was quoted in a 2017 Politico piece by Josh Gerstein.

Gibbs Rule #39
Last night, Gerstein published the draft SCOTUS opinion on Roe.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 What the conservative justices said about Roe v. Wade during confirmation hearings
by Lexi Lonas - 05/03/22 12:25 PM ET

The leaking of a Supreme Court draft decision that would overturn the Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion is putting new scrutiny on the nine justices — and their previous statements about precedent.

The draft decision leaked to Politico and published on Monday night does not represent the final decisions of the justices, Chief Justice John Roberts said in a statement on Tuesday.

But that will give little comfort to abortion rights proponents given the draft decision authored by Justice Samuel Alito and the court’s 6-3 conservative majority.

Roberts is a conservative but is seen as a less likely to vote to overturn Roe v. Wade than Alito and Justices Clarence Thomas, Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.

Those five justices spoke about the importance of precedent when asked about Roe v. Wade during their confirmation hearings. But none said they would vote to affirm the decision.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3475490-what-the-conservative-justices-said-about-roe-v-wade-during-confirmation-hearings/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If this leak turns out to be true...then Joe Biden will go down as the President who had Roe overturned on his watch.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abortion Opinion Leak May Be a Federal Crime

The unauthorized leak of a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade may have violated the U.S. criminal code.

The removal and use of Supreme Court documents without authorization likely runs afoul of 18 U.S. Code § 641, which provides criminal penalties for anyone who “embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record…or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof.”

Government employees have been convicted under this statute for photocopying and disseminating confidential documents without authorization. In United States v. DiGilio, defendants were convicted of violating the statute for photocopying documents in an FBI file. They appealed the conviction, arguing that because they only removed copies of the documents and never deprived the FBI of their use, they did not break the law. The Federal Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit upheld the conviction, holding that a “duplicate copy is a record for the purposes of the statute, and duplicate copies belonging to the government were stolen.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2022/05/03/abortion-opinion-leak-may-be-federal-crime/

John Carney3 May 2022, 10:15 AM PDT
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline cato potatoe

This takes inflation, Ukraine and Covid off the midterm talking points..it's all about abortion now....you can't tell me they haven't planned this for weeks.

They can try.  If we sink into a period of stagflation, and people come to understand federalism, Roe will fade into the daily cacophony of nonsense.  People were upset about the horror show in Afghanistan for maybe 2 weeks.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He is out "Grooming".

Makes sense in the City of Brotherly "Love."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

They can try.  If we sink into a period of stagflation, and people come to understand federalism, Roe will fade into the daily cacophony of nonsense.  People were upset about the horror show in Afghanistan for maybe 2 weeks.

Right

If things were going fairly well, this would be a bigger factor in the midterms

It’ll probably motivate people who would always vote for the Democrat candidates
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Who knows, she may have been paid off $10M, or whatever by the dnc in return for her to sink her law career. (If it is her).

Wouldn't put it past them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right

It’ll probably motivate people who would always vote for the Democrat candidates
It might also motivate those who stole the last election, out of desperation, to steal another one.

There is probably a lot of 'grant' money moving around over this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

It's funny, just last week I read "The Simple Truth," a 1998 novel by David Baldacci in which U.S. Supreme Court law clerks are prominently featured. From this well-researched book, I gained a much greater understanding of how the court operates and the role of clerks in the whole appellate process. Needless to say, "leaking" a draft opinion would bring the wrath of the justices down on any clerk. He'd be fired and possibly face charges. (In the book, a SCOTUS clerk intercepted a prisoner's appeal from the mail room and proceeded to investigate the prisoner's allegations himself).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Right

They're getting desperate, and they want to motivate that part of their base that is turned off by the general malaise surrounding Biden, particularly the younger parts of their voter base.  This will get them all fired up.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who knows, she may have been paid off $10M, or whatever by the dnc in return for her to sink her law career. (If it is her).

Wouldn't put it past them.

I thought about this as well...although not necessarily the DNC...
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

'Real leaders should defend the Court': Mitch McConnell slams Biden and top Dems for playing into the 'toxic spectacle' instead of backing the Supreme Court after Roe leak that shows the 'radical left wants mob law'

By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER  and ELIZABETH ELKIND, POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
3 May 2022

Mitch McConnell tore into Democrats, including President Joe Biden, on Tuesday for playing into the 'toxic spectacle' and not condemning the person who leaked a draft opinion on the potential overturn of Roe v. Wade to the press before an official decision was issued.

'Last night's stunning breach was an attack on the independence of the Supreme Court,' McConnell said in a statement calling for the leaker to be brought to justice. 'By every indication, this was yet another escalation in the radical left's ongoing campaign to bully and intimidate federal judges and substitute mob rule for the rule of law.'

President Joe Biden questioned the validity of the draft opinion, but said decisive action must be taken to protect abortion rights if it's true the bench is on track to overturn the landmark law.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10779075/McConnell-slams-Biden-playing-toxic-spectacle-instead-backing-Court-Roe-leak.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Victoria Toensing floats idea on what to do with ‘every single’ SCOTUS clerk to find the leaker

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/SNIbWJf_S1-HM7e3Qtvzxw?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/03/victoria-toensing-floats-idea-on-what-to-do-with-every-single-scotus-clerk-to-find-the-leaker-1233585/

Toensing then took it a step further and said the FBI needs to intervene and polygraph “every single law clerk in there,” to find out who (if it even was one of the clerks) was responsible.

“It’s bizarre and it’s so unprofessional, but this is what the Democrats do. If they don’t think they’re winning something, they just change the rules. This has never happened before in the Supreme Court, and the FBI has to go and polygraph every single law clerk in there, and if they don’t find something in the law clerks, they’ll have to go to others,” she said.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Gives the Game Away in His Statement About SCOTUS Leak
By Nick Arama | May 03, 2022 12:15 PM ET

This leak from the SCOTUS that indicates they might overturn Roe v. Wade isn’t an accident. It likely was about trying to gin up the anger from liberals to be able to have a focal point for November. They were going into November with a very unpopular person in the White House, failed policies, record-high inflation, and Democrats who had no interest in voting or who might even be flipping to Republican. And naturally, they’re not even being honest about what this decision may mean — that even if it turns out to be the final decision, the “choice” is given back to the states. If they believe they have the majority, then they can pass laws based on that — that’s the way the system is supposed to work, without legislating from the bench.

Now, Joe Biden has made an official statement on the SCOTUS leak in which he gives the game away. Not only is he commenting on an incredibly important ongoing case — something he should never do in his position. But he’s also ginning up the situation still more to use the leak to hype voting for Democrats in November. That’s what all this was about — to fire up the left.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/03/biden-gives-the-game-away-in-his-statement-about-scotus-leak-n559236
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Bari Weiss:
...  I know several people who have clerked for the Court. And because I am, like every journalist, utterly and shamelessly nosy, I have pressed all of them to share their personal anecdotes about the mysterious men and women in black robes. Sure, they’d share fun details about pick-up basketball, or the famously warm relationship between Scalia and RBG. Maybe, years after the fact, they’d tell a highly curated, well-rehearsed story. But the idea of breathing a word about the actual workings of the court, about a decision that had not yet been made public—that would have appalled every single one of these people, liberal and conservative alike.

How did we go from that ethos to a world in which—leaving the possibility of some kind of Russian or Chinese hack, or a more banal security breach, or someone pulling the draft from the garbage—one or more clerks are undermining the institution itself? (That question is the same whether the leaker was a liberal enraged about the decision, or, less obviously, a conservative, perhaps trying to firm up a fifth vote or somehow pressure the chief justice.) ...

I called up one of the smartest professors I know at one of the top law schools in the country, and he echoed that: “To my knowledge, it’s never happened before in the modern history of the court. It is the most serious possible breach.”

Serious, severe, shocking, he said. But in the end, not surprising. Why not? Here’s how he put it: “To me, the leak is not surprising because many of the people we’ve been graduating from schools like Yale are the kind of people who would do such a thing.”

What did he mean by that? “They think that everything is violence. And so everything is permitted.”

He went on: “I’m sure this person sees themselves as a whistleblower. What they don’t understand is that, by leaking this, they violate the trust that is necessary to maintain the institution.” ...
Read entire article at Substack

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 06:23:13 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Kamaji

Bari Weiss:Read entire article at Substack

Exactly spot on.  Just look at the egregious shenanigans the inmates of Yale law school pulled because they didn't like a particular speaker.  Shouting, and then stomping on the floor and banging on the walls in order to drown the speaker out.  At a prestigious law school, no less.

Offline mountaineer

At a prestigious law school, no less.
Which, at least when Bubba and Bubbette Clinton attended, was pass/fail.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

Which, at least when Bubba and Bubbette Clinton attended, was pass/fail.  *****rollingeyes*****

Whether it is or was pass/fail, it is still, historically, a prestigious law school.  IMHO, right now its simply resting on its laurels and coasting on the inertia built up from prior generations of students.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brett Baier reporting that Biden and Admin, Chuckie knew this was going to happen going into this past weekend..
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

For the Left, the ends always justify the means.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-