Author Topic: BREAKING LIVE: Supreme Court Vote to END Roe v Wade in DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito Leaked  (Read 31863 times)

Offline bilo

The opinion draft – originally obtained by Politico – was written by Justice Samuel Alito, one of the six justices appointed by Republican presidents on the nine-member court, repudiating both Roe and the 1992 Planned Parenthood vs. Casey decision.

‘Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,’ Alito writes. ‘We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,’ he continues in the document, titled ‘Opinion of the Court.’

‘It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.’

Politico noted that this is the first such case in modern history of a Supreme Court draft decision being leaked to the public while the case was still pending.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/breaking-supreme-court-vote-end-roe-v-wade-draft-opinion-justice-samuel-alito/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:00:25 pm by mystery-ak »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

All I can say, if this holds up, is thank you Donald Trump and the 5-6 justices who made up the majority.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Roe V. Wade Struck Down, Politico Reports, Citing Draft Opinion

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that made abortion legal in all 50 states, Politico reported Monday. The news organization said it had obtained an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court.

The news site called the draft opinion "a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision — Planned Parenthood v. Casey — that largely maintained the right."

Alito wrote, "Roe was egregiously wrong from the start."

https://patch.com/us/across-america/roe-v-wade-struck-down-politico-reports-citing-draft-opinion?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

The document, labeled as a first draft of the majority opinion, includes a notation that it was circulated among the justices on Feb. 10. If the Alito draft is adopted, it would rule in favor of Mississippi in the closely watched case over that state’s attempt to ban most abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

A Supreme Court spokesperson declined to comment or make another representative of the court available to answer questions about the draft document.

POLITICO received a copy of the draft opinion from a person familiar with the court’s proceedings in the Mississippi case along with other details supporting the authenticity of the document. The draft opinion runs 98 pages, including a 31-page appendix of historical state abortion laws. The document is replete with citations to previous court decisions, books and other authorities, and includes 118 footnotes. The appearances and timing of this draft are consistent with court practice.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bilo

The battle moves to the States where it should have been from the beginning.

Offline Killer Clouds

This is Politico stating this. It's more possible It's BS than truth.

Offline bilo

This is Politico stating this. It's more possible It's BS than truth.

Or it's true and someone leaked this initial draft to pressure the majority to change their ruling or modify it. Abortion is a sacrament of leftism and the left is terrified that only a handful of States will allow abortions at anytime in a pregnancy.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The new DHS Ministry of Truth should be right on this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

They had signs and candles they came prepared ..Can’t stop killing those babies you know

This has the Stink of the DNC all over it.

Online Wingnut

The "wise Latinos" stink is all over the leak.

by Samantha Foster | 24News

The U.S. Supreme Court is apparently planning to vote to END Roe v Wade in a DRAFT OPINION by Justice Samuel Alito — leaked to Politico this evening.

The draft opinion was leaked to the press – something that is almost unprecedented.

Developing………
The Daily Mail reported:

The Supreme Court is planning to vote to strike down the decision of Roe v. Wade, long considered a vanguard of guaranteeing a right to an abortion in the United States.

The opinion draft – originally obtained by Politico – was written by Justice Samuel Alito, one of the six justices appointed by Republican presidents on the nine-member court, repudiating both Roe and the 1992 Planned Parenthood vs. Casey decision.

‘Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,’ Alito writes. ‘We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,’ he continues in the document, titled ‘Opinion of the Court.’

‘It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.’

Politico noted that this is the first such case in modern history of a Supreme Court draft decision being leaked to the public while the case was still pending.

It is unclear which justice would support such a move, which would typically be released at term’s end — by June.

But the fact that the planned decision was LEAKED — which is considered a criminal act — is almost as big a story as the decision, and it has shocked Court experts.

Influential site SCOTUSblog expressed the sentiment bluntly:

https://us24news.com/2022/05/02/supreme-court-draft-decision-on-roe-v-wade-leaked-fingers-quickly-point-at-potential-culprit/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Just spoke with former Supreme Court clerk. They are horrified.  This is a quote:

"This leak has to come from a clerk or Justice themselves. It is intended to blow up the court. Criminal investigation needs to happen now."

They suggest Sotomayor has most radical leftist staff.— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) May 3, 2022

Online Wingnut

Andrew Kloster
@ARKloster

I’ve been informed it’s *weird* that Politico natsec reporter Alex Ward broke the SCOTUS story and my new working theory is that it wasn’t a Sotomayor clerk but that the SCOTUS email system is compromised.

9:30 PM · May 2, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Wingnut

Andrew Kloster
@ARKloster

I’ve been informed it’s *weird* that Politico natsec reporter Alex Ward broke the SCOTUS story and my new working theory is that it wasn’t a Sotomayor clerk but that the SCOTUS email system is compromised.

9:30 PM · May 2, 2022·Twitter Web App

Cough cough Bullshit. 

Sounds like an insurrection to me.....

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
1h

An extremist Supreme Court is poised to overturn #RoeVWade and impose its far-right, unpopular views on the entire country. It’s time for the millions who support the Constitution and abortion rights to stand up and make their voices heard. We’re not going back—not ever.

Offline Kamaji

False flag designed to get the democrat base fired up. 

Online rustynail

Why not?  Hard to believe anything anymore.

Online rustynail

Online mountaineer

Very possible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That's my thought as well. I'll believe this whole thing was legit if and when the official announcement is made that Roe is repealed.

Till then... :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
From democratic underground....https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142911018

The meltdown at $kinner's Island is going to be epic if this is true.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If this "leaked" ruling is legit...the protests over it this summer are gonna be sooo damn peaceful...

Online Wingnut

If this "leaked" ruling is legit...the protests over it this summer are gonna be sooo damn peaceful...

The pink Pu$$y Hat crown will go swimmingly with the black clad Antifa thugs.