Author Topic: Mayorkas on Jankowicz: She Is a ‘Tremendous Authority’ We ‘Are Very Fortunate to Have Her’  (Read 220 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas on Jankowicz: She Is a ‘Tremendous Authority’ We ‘Are Very Fortunate to Have Her’

Pam Key 1 May 2022

Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas said  on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that the recently announced head of the so-called Disinformation Governance Board, Nina Jankowicz was a “tremendous authority.”

Anchor Bret Baier said, “The president picked to lead this is Nina Jankowicz. She is taking heat for tweets and comments about major news stories, the Hunter Biden laptop story, others. The laptop story obviously was blocked from social media outlets because it was called Russian propaganda until it wasn’t. Do you really think Jankowicz is anywhere near objective enough for this particular job?”

Mayorkas said, “Yes, I do, and by the way, highly regarded is a subject matter expert, and I don’t question her objectivity. There are people and the department who have a diverse range of views, and they are incredibly dedicated to mission. We are not the opinion police. She has testified before Congress and number of times. She is recognized as a tremendous authority, and we are very fortunate to have her.”

Baier said, “Was the Steel Dossier disinformation? Because Americans are generally wary of anything that suggests censorship.”

Mayorkas said, “That is exactly why we set up this working group to make sure that our work to address a real threat to the homeland, the threat posed by Russian disinformation, the threat posed by Chinese disinformation, by Iranian disinformation, the work that we do does not infringe on people’s right of free speech. That’s why this working group was set up. And we will do a better job of communicating about that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/01/mayorkas-on-jankowicz-she-is-a-tremendous-authority-we-are-very-fortunate-to-have-her/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

from the article...
Mayorkas said, “Yes, I do, and by the way, highly regarded is a subject matter expert, and I don’t question her objectivity.

That's because she share's his ideology

Find a leftists that agrees with this, and ask them if everything was the same but it was under Trump and Sean Hannity was appointed disinformation czar, what would their reaction be?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Since ol' white joe was placed into office, the speculation runs about who is really "setting the agenda" behind the scenes.

It's not any one person, but rather a sort of "hidden politburo" of several individuals who are formulating policies and then putting the words into ol' joe's mouth.

If that be so, this guy Mayorkas is almost certainly one of "the hidden".
Of course, he's not hidden by being in the position he holds.
But, what IS "hidden" is that the public position he holds is subordinate to the power he wields behind the scenes.

If there is to be a time in the future where those who were actively destroying the country will be called to account, Mayorkas should be at the head of the line.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas: Disinformation Board Won’t Infringe on Free Speech, Monitor Americans

Pam Key
1 May 2022

Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the Disinformation Governance Board would not infringe on free speech or monitor Americans.

Anchor Dana Bash said, “Let’s talk about what your department is calling, The Disinformation Governance Board that you unveiled this week. Republicans are calling it Orwellian and comparing it to the ministry of truth in the novel 1984. Can you clarify what exactly is this? What exactly will this disinformation governance board do? Will it monitor American citizens? ”

Mayorkas said, “Dana, I’m very pleased to do so. It’s clear, I mean, those criticisms are precisely the opposite of what this small working group within the Department of Homeland Security will do. And I think we probably could have done a better job of communicating what it does and does not do. The fact is that disinformation that creates a threat to the security of the homeland is our responsibility to address. And this department has been addressing it for years.”

He added, “So, what it does, it works to ensure that the way in which we address threats, the connectivity between threats and acts of violence are addressed without infringing on free speech, protecting civil rights and civil liberties, the right of privacy. And the board, this working group, internal working group, will draw from best practices and communicate those best practices to the operators because the board does not have operational authority.”

Bash asked, “Will American citizens be monitored?”

Mayorkas said, “No, no, the board does not have any operational capability. What it will do is gather together best practices in addressing the threat of disinformation from foreign state adversaries, from the cartels and disseminate those best practices to the operators that have been executing and addressing this threat for years.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/01/mayorkas-disinformation-board-wont-infringe-on-free-speech-monitor-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Nina Jankowicz was a “tremendous authority.”

Ah yes, good old leftist 'blanketing words' trying to lionize themselves into galactic titans walking around with mere pathetic mortals, pontificating us into silence and obedience.

I just wonder how much 'tremendous authority' you have at 33 y/o and one helluva thin resume.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGH
DEMOCRATS ARE PATRIOTS
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

from the article...
Mayorkas said, “Yes, I do, and by the way, highly regarded is a subject matter expert, and I don’t question her objectivity.

That's because she share's his ideology

Find a leftists that agrees with this, and ask them if everything was the same but it was under Trump and Sean Hannity was appointed disinformation czar, what would their reaction be?

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Killer Clouds

Mayorkas is a lying DCP POS that no one listens to anyway.