Author Topic: Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott are the ticket to beat Trump  (Read 140 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott are the ticket to beat Trump
« on: May 02, 2022, 03:24:40 pm »
 Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott are the ticket to beat Trump
by Keith Naughton, opinion contributor - 05/02/22 10:30 AM ET

Ever since Donald Trump sulked out of the White House, the question has never been whether he would do whatever he could to get back in, the question has always been whether he could do it. At first it looked like Trump could easily secure the Republican nomination but could not unseat President Biden.

Slowly but steadily this script is flipping.

Increasingly Trump is looking stronger against a flailing Biden, while eroding as the preferred candidate for Republicans. The prospect of the GOP turning to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is very real, if DeSantis plays his cards right and Trump continues to play his cards wrong. And a Ron DeSantis-Tim Scott ticket could be a combination Trump can’t beat.

Trouble topping Biden

Trump should be ahead — way ahead — of Biden in any prospective 2024 ballot test, but that is not the case. In spite of nine months of bad news and worsening inflation, Biden and Trump are roughly even across multiple national surveys. Looking at the April polling, Trump’s best result is the Insider Advantage poll with Trump at 47 percent to Biden’s 43 percent. Both Harris and Redfield & Wilton have Trump up 2 points. Alternately, Morning Consult has Biden leading 45 percent to 44 percent, and YouGov has Biden leading by 2 points.

And all this while Biden’s approval ratings are tanking. Through mid-August 2021, Biden’s approval average stayed above 50 percent. Since then, his approval has collapsed to an average of 42 percent. The problem for Trump is that his approvals are hardly moving. Trump’s average approval split was 53 percent unfavorable to 43 percent favorable in August and remains roughly the same today.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3473559-ron-desantis-and-tim-scott-are-the-ticket-to-beat-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott are the ticket to beat Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 03:32:33 pm »
I don't know a lot about Tim Scott, but I could certainly get behind a DeSantis presidential run.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 03:34:02 pm »
Doesn't the Consitution prohibit the President and Vice-President both being from the same state?  Or, at least it used to.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 03:34:49 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 03:44:25 pm »
Doesn't the Consitution prohibit the President and Vice-President both being from the same state?  Or, at least it used to.
Apparently not. https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state

I always thought that a VP was chosen from a different state to build support for the ticket in the election.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 06:56:16 pm »
You not only need a ticket that beats Donald Trump but you need a ticket to beat Joe Biden. Regardless of the state of the country and his mind, there’s no guarantee that if Biden runs again that he’s going to lose.

I predict that the Republican candidate in 2024 will be one of the successful Republican governors.  I also predict that Joe Biden is going to face a primary challenge which he will survive but will make him vulnerable.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 10:21:19 pm »
First thing I did after looking at the title was check the source.

After that, read no further.