Author Topic: How Therapy Culture Suffocates Us  (Read 160 times)

Offline Kamaji

How Therapy Culture Suffocates Us
« on: May 02, 2022, 12:12:02 pm »
How Therapy Culture Suffocates Us

The luxury problems of our ruling class are an insult to those facing real impositions.

By Christopher Gage
May 1, 2022

Despite his immeasurable good fortune in once swimming around inside the testicle of a future British king, Prince Harry now works at a Silicon Valley start-up selling hokum to gullible people.

The former prince last week treated us all to a podcast. Harry, as he is now known, lamented the cultural differences between his new home, California, and his former Great Britain.

Harry is unhappy. His former kingdom teems with repressed souls who, unlike Angelinos, neglect to examine the provenance of our every biographical misfortune and attribute some cosmic meaning to often trivial happenings.

Speaking of the animated desert to which he scuttled, a mecca bouncing with silicon-infused arse cheeks, Harry said: “You talk about it here in California: ‘I’ll get my therapist to call your therapist.’”

Life-Changing
Harry earns funny money as “chief impact officer” for BetterUp, a “mental fitness” start-up that promises to drive whole-person growth and sustained organizational outcomes. Quite what any of that gobbledegook means is beyond my comprehension. I did try to find out, but BetterUp asked for my personal details. Given I’m familiar with the sustained organizational outcome of whole-person growth at Jonestown, Guyana, in 1978, I humbly declined.

The worker bees at BetterUp are warring with the management, whom they claim pay VPs like Harry obscene salaries to do a great deal of sweet Foxtrot Alpha. Meanwhile, sneaky changes to the ratings system through which coaches get paid could slash their wages by one-third.

BetterUp is a pristine illustration of therapy culture: the trivial tramples the true.

Perhaps I’m in denial, harboring some genetic trauma, or I’ve internalized my whiteness. Yet I cannot help but notice that our therapeutic obsession, and its bonkers sister wokeness, is most pronounced among the ruling class.

This noisome culture seeps into the water supply. Online, a quarter of people I know self-diagnose as depressed. An aversion to often loathsome gatherings is now agoraphobia; a mild misfortune is now the wellspring of post-traumatic stress. Those infidels disbelieving of our bullshit are gas-lighters or toxic or guilty of shaming. Self-care is a counterfeit license to be utterly selfish.

The richest and safest people in human history pay therapists hundreds to thousands an hour to discuss their climate anxiety, a problem that flares within moments of reading the New York Times. Such an affliction appears remarkably infectious.

Why the ruling class would seek to imprison and immiserate the lower orders into a state of perpetual victimhood is not too deep an intellectual river to wade. The urge to save humanity is almost always the urge to rule over humanity.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/05/01/how-therapy-culture-suffocates-us/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: How Therapy Culture Suffocates Us
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 12:28:07 pm »
How does that make you feel?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 01:23:23 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 01:42:35 pm »
Therapy is useful. I have no doubt it can help for things like marital issues, problems with children, elderly parents, dealing with the death of a loved one, etc. It’s also a lifesaver for people who need it for serious depression, bipolar issues, schizophrenia, autism, etc.

But it’s not for someone if you have a crummy day, because that’s just silly. That isn’t depression. That’s melodrama.

Sometimes I really do question about red and blue pills and people

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️