Author Topic: Disgusted independent voters could shake up Democrats’ rule in NY  (Read 210 times)

Offline Kamaji

Disgusted independent voters could shake up Democrats’ rule in NY: survey

By Carl Campanile
May 1, 2022

New York’s disgusted registered independent voters could cause a “political earthquake” in elections in the state this fall — including the governor’s race, say sources citing data from a recent Siena College survey.

Nearly a quarter of the 13 million voters in the state — almost 3 million, or 23% — are registered as not being affiliated with any political party.

That’s slightly more than the state’s 2.84 million registered Republicans, although Democrats still have a huge enrollment advantage. There are 6.47 million registered Dems, or about one out of every two voters, in New York, according to the state Board of Elections.

The recent survey showed that given the number of New York independents — and what they had to say about the state of the state — incumbents including Gov. Kathy Hochul could be in trouble.

According to the poll, 62% of independents believe that the state is on the wrong track.

Meanwhile, the Democratic-run state Senate was viewed favorably by just 26% of those registered independents surveyed, and the Democrat-controlled Assembly didn’t fare much better, with 34% of polled independents considering it favorably.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/01/disgusted-independent-voters-could-shake-up-democrats-rule-in-ny/

Offline Kamaji

We shall see ...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
'20 was the test balloon for stolen elections.  I expect the dims to utilize that tactic to perpetuity.

Nothing will be shook up, especically in dimocratic controlled states.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The "hanging chads" in 2000 were pretty good.

I'm sure the 2022 and 2024 ballots will be highly scrutinzed for the presence of bamboo.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

Hopefully, but I don't see it.  There are enormous ethnic voting blocs, every one of them reflexive dems, and many of the people who would facilitate change are retiring in the south.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
New York?
I'll believe it when I see it.