Author Topic: Powers: Ukraine War Increasing Global Food Prices Will Hasten Green Transition — ‘Never Let a Crisis  (Read 264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Powers: Ukraine War Increasing Global Food Prices Will Hasten Green Transition — ‘Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste’

Pam Key 1 May 2022

USAID administrator Samantha Powers said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was causing global food prices to increase and will hasten countries using natural solutions.

Anchor George Stephanopoulos said, “We’re also seeing the impact spread beyond Ukraine, beyond Ukraine’s neighbors, beyond Europe. We’re seeing global food shortages all around the world. As the administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development, what more can be done to address those shortages?

Powers said, “It is just another catastrophic effect of Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. I mean, as if the harms in Ukraine weren’t enough, you have countries like in sub-Saharan Africa and in the Middle East who get maybe 80 to 90 percent of their wheat or their grain overall from Russia and Ukraine. And you see massive spikes in food prices. Food prices right now, George, globally, are up 34 percent from where they were a year ago. Aided substantially, again, by this invasion.”

She continued, “So, we’ve gone to Congress asking for a substantial increase in humanitarian assistance in order to be able to meet those needs, but we’re also active, of course, in more than 80 countries around the world, well and apart from this crisis. So, we’re working with farmers to also increase their production so that you actually have more supply brought on market. Fertilizer shortages are real now because Russia is a big exporter of fertilizer. And even though fertilizer is not sanctioned, less fertilizer is coming out of Russia. As a result, we’re working with countries to think about natural solutions like manure and compost. And this may hasten the transition that would have been in the interest of farmers to make eventually anyway. So, never let a crisis go to waste, but we really do need this financial support from the Congress to be able to meet emergency food needs, so we don’t see the cascading deadly effects of Russia’s war extend into Africa and beyond.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/01/powers-ukraine-war-increasing-global-food-prices-will-hasten-green-transition-never-let-a-crisis-go-to-waste/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Biden official says food shortages will push farmers to green energy: 'Never let a crisis go to waste'

A top Biden official said Sunday that the global food shortage crisis would push farmers toward relying on more green energy.

"Never let a crisis go to waste," U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Chief Samantha Power told ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week."

Speaking of the global consequences of Russia’s war with Ukraine, the Biden official said that fertilizer shortages would provide farmers the opportunity to "hasten" their "transition" from fertilizer to more "natural" resources.

"Fertilizer shortages are real now because Russia is a big exporter of fertilizer. Even though fertilizer is not sanctioned, less fertilizer is coming out of Russia," she explained. "As a result we're working with countries to think about natural solutions like manure and compost and this may hasten transitions that would have been in the interest of farmers to make eventually anyway. So never let a crisis go to waste."

Power added that the administration was still asking Congress to pass more relief. Last week, President Biden requested an additional $33 billion from Congress for military and humanitarian assistance for Ukraine.

"But we really do need this financial support from the Congress to be able to meet emergency food needs, so we don't see the cascading deadly effects of Russia's war extend into Africa and beyond," she said.........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-official-says-food-shortages-will-push-farmers-green-energy-never-let-crisis-go-waste
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Another soundbite that needs to be in every Republican campaign commercial this fall.

This, setting up a "Disinformation Board'" and other things seems  as if this administration has decided if they and their party are going down, they might as well go down in a blaze of glory

I wouldn't put it past these people to try to force  Lysenkoism  on US farmers
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:10:38 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ammonia is made from natural gas, and we have plenty of it.

No need for a fertilizer shortage.

But the green commies don't like that solution.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 01:53:29 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden and Maduro have proven to the world that a totalitarian dictator ambitions can deprive any nation of its natural resources.  whether its  a nations energy or food resources. Now will it take a week, month, or a year for the dolts and denial fools to finally realize the obvious?  As for the Ukraine, Biden has been up to his eyeballs in dirty politics for years in the Ukraine, his hands in this war, too.  The democrats have been up to this corruption to their eyeballs in dirty deals with Russia nuclear power for just hitlerys dalliances, and for China that now threatens us too.  Right before you for YEARS, WAKE UP PEOPLE!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 02:10:20 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions