Author Topic: Maryland woman finds squatters in her bedroom, $49K in belongings cleaned out  (Read 309 times)

Offline Kamaji

Maryland woman finds squatters in her bedroom, $49K in belongings cleaned out

By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi , Fox News
May 1, 2022

A woman returning home from vacation found a couple laying in her bed and property worth tens of thousands of dollars gone.

A woman in Greenbelt, Maryland, returned home from vacation April 5 to discover her front door damaged and her possessions cleared out of the apartment. Next, she found a couple laying on her bed together.

“[The resident] located two suspects, a black male adult and a white female adult lying on one bed, the only piece of furniture still in the home,” Greenbelt police said.

As the panicked resident began to ask how they got in and what they wanted, the suspects told her they “took all of their property.” According to police, they then “became aggressive with the victims before fleeing on foot in an unknown direction.”

“Not only were they in my home, but everything in my home was gone except for my bed because he details how he loved my bed so much,” the victim told local outlet Fox 5. “And I’m like who are you? And he says my name. He’s like you didn’t pay your rent. I’m like what are you talking about? I paid my rent.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/01/maryland-resident-finds-squatters-in-her-bedroom-49k-in-belongings-stolen/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
About 20 years ago, I got out of the rental business.  For the reason of the difficulty of getting out renters who knew they could stiff me for rent, and knowing how hard it would be for me to evict them.

I know this is ownership vs. rental, but in most places getting someone out a domicle for any reason is a lot more difficult than you realize.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

About 20 years ago, I got out of the rental business.  For the reason of the difficulty of getting out renters who knew they could stiff me for rent, and knowing how hard it would be for me to evict them.

I know this is ownership vs. rental, but in most places getting someone out a domicle for any reason is a lot more difficult than you realize.

It can be an utter nightmare in NYC.  It is routine for a tenant to be able to go for a year or more without paying rent by keeping the landlord off-balance in Landlord/Tenant court.  Even if the original tenancy is illegal.