Author Topic: The Disinformation Governance Machine  (Read 110 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Disinformation Governance Machine
« on: May 01, 2022, 02:00:25 pm »
The Disinformation Governance Machine

It is critical that we stand up to and forthrightly reject the Biden Administration's unconscionable new assault on freedom.

By Roger Kimball
April 30, 2022

Remember the date: April 27, 2022

That’s when the mask came off the creaky Orwellian juggernaut that is the Biden Administration.

The senile rictus disappeared and something far more threatening took its place.

In Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell called the enforcement mechanism of his totalitarian propaganda regime the “Ministry of Truth.” Appearing before the House Appropriations Subcommittee, the ironically named Department of Homeland Security was slightly more subtle.

Too many people have read Nineteen Eighty-Four. Calling a government-funded effort to suppress criticism of the regime the “Ministry of Truth” would cause people to worry and complain. Instead, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced the creation of the “Disinformation Governance Board.”

No, I am not making that up.

I sympathize with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who said he wondered whether this new assault on free expression was a “belated April Fools’ joke.”

Unfortunately, it’s not. 

Which brings me to the second task of the Disinformation Governance Board.

Suppressing ideas the regime doesn’t like is only one part of the job. The other part is disseminating narratives pleasing to those in power. One hand is busy pulling out and poisoning what they regard as weeds. The other hand is nurturing the delicate shoots of the approved narrative.

And it’s that part of the story that makes the name of this new agency so brilliant. Not only will it be on the lookout for contrary ideas to stamp out—governing, as it were, “disinformation”—but it will also need to foster and disseminate competing disinformation.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/30/the-disinformation-governance-machine/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The Disinformation Governance Machine
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 02:50:27 pm »
I call it the Anti-Free Speech Machine
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington