Author Topic: ‘Ludicrous’: Buttigieg Watches As Manchin Throws Cold Water On Biden’s EV Dreams  (Read 140 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Ludicrous’: Buttigieg Watches As Manchin Throws Cold Water On Biden’s EV Dreams

Thomas Catenacci
Energy & Environment Reporter
April 29, 2022 3:31 PM ET
Font Size:

Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin slammed the Biden administration’s lofty electric vehicle (EV) plans as “ludicrous,” saying the U.S. should first address root issues.

Manchin expressed concerns that the administration was focusing too much on electric vehicle incentives rather than shoring up the domestic battery and critical mineral supply chains, during a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Thursday. He noted that China, which controls the vast majority of global critical mineral mining and refining needed for renewable energy tech, could use its leverage over the U.S. for geopolitical reasons.

“There’s a waiting list for EVs right now with the fuel price at $4,” Manchin told Buttigieg. “But they still want us to throw $5,000 or $7,000 or $12,000 credit to buy an electric vehicle.”

“It makes no sense to me whatsoever when supply and demand — we can’t produce the product for the people who want it and we’re still going to pay them to take it? It’s absolutely ludicrous in my mind,” he continued. “But I’m thinking we are getting ourselves tangled in a situation that we’re not going to be able to supply … everything that’s going to be needed for this product.”

The West Virginia lawmaker then asked Buttigieg if the Department of Transportation shared his concerns about EV shortages and credits.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/29/ludicrous-buttigieg-watches-as-manchin-throws-cold-water-on-bidens-ev-dreams/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

West Virginia must have a mountain of rare earth minerals Manchin is itching to mine
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

West Virginia must have a mountain of rare earth minerals Manchin is itching to mine

Apparently there is a project to try to extract rare earth minerals from coal mine runoff in W.Va, so quite possibly.