Author Topic: California couple may have burned baby son with torch lighter before murdering him  (Read 800 times)

Offline Kamaji

California couple may have burned baby son with torch lighter before murdering him: cops

By Snejana Farberov
April 29, 2022

A married California couple have been charged with torturing and murdering their 1-year-old son, whose lifeless body was found wrapped in blankets in the backseat of their car Monday.

Ricardo Mendez, 27, and Antanita Miller, 24, from Barstow, were jailed in connection with the death of their son Jamari Mendez, who was taken to a Pomona hospital with burn marks and other injuries “consistent with ongoing abuse,” according to police.

The San Bernardino District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday that prosecutors have filed charges of murder, assault on a child causing death and torture against the boy’s parents. They are expected to be arraigned on May 5.

Jamari’s aunt, Leslie Mendez, told ABC7 that Ricardo, who is her brother, and Miller showed up announced with their two older children at her home at 7 p.m. Monday.

“They both walked inside like nothing happened,” Leslie recalled.

Initially, the couple claimed that their youngest child, Jamari, was staying with Miller’s mother, the aunt said, but eventually Ricardo revealed that the 1-year-old had died, and that his body was still in their car parked outside.

Family members rushed to the vehicle and discovered the unresponsive infant in the backseat.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/couple-burned-baby-son-with-lighter-before-killing-him-cops/

Offline Kamaji

Evil is stalking the land; this is another tragedy that can only be laid at the feet of evil personified.

May he rest in peace now:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Two words, hog farm, and I damn well don't mean after they die! In my mind there is nothing more heinous than a parent that kills their own child, especially that tortures the poor innocent first.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Two words, hog farm, and I damn well don't mean after they die! In my mind there is nothing more heinous than a parent that kills their own child, especially that tortures the poor innocent first.
I would buy some hog meat from them and make some bacon, enjoying every minute of the smell and taste.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington