Author Topic: Lankford: Biden’s Strategy of Using Ethanol to Lower Gas Prices Will Increase Food Prices  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lankford: Biden’s Strategy of Using Ethanol to Lower Gas Prices Will Increase Food Prices

Ian Hanchett 27 Apr 2022

On Wednesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) stated that the Biden administration’s plan to help lower gas prices by promoting ethanol will end up increasing food prices because burning corn to make ethanol drives up the price of feeding livestock and exacerbates the corn shortage in Europe as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Lankford said, “[T]hey don’t want to do the most obvious things, that is increase supply. The way you bring price down is to increase supply. So, they fight against pipelines. They fight against export terminals. … Instead, they’re focused on things like, well, let’s just do more ethanol. And if we do more ethanol, that will bring down the price. The problem with that is, when you burn more corn for fuel, that means it’s also more expensive to be able to feed livestock, which drives the price of meat up across the country. And right now, Europe is desperately in need of corn. Because Ukraine typically sells their corn to them, and, obviously, they can’t do that this season. So, we should be selling more corn to Ukraine, but instead, the Biden administration wants to burn more corn for ethanol.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/04/27/lankford-bidens-strategy-of-using-ethanol-to-lower-gas-prices-will-increase-food-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing he touches is good.

Nothing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Using corn-based ethanol for fuel is a fool's errand in so many ways it's hard to know where to begin.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 04:44:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nothing he touches is good.

Nothing.

Joe is only a few braincells away from finger painting the walls with his own poop.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Not true. After ethanol is made, if the stillage is removed, the leftover DDG's are excellent animal feed, better than the corn itself in many ways.

The problem is the ethanol. It attracts water, is too solvent, and it's BTU's are too low because it is a short chain alcohol.

If we're going to use corn to ferment into fuel, it should be butanol, or esters, or something with a longer carbon chain that doesn't mix with water.
The Republic is lost.