Author Topic: Leaked 'Yankee Letter' confirms team stole signs in 2015-16, which MLB hid from public  (Read 534 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yahoo by Liz Roscher 4/26/2022

The mysterious New York Yankees letter was leaked to the public Tuesday, just a few days before it was scheduled to be unsealed by judge's order. We finally know what MLB commissioner Rob Manfred wrote to Yankees GM Brian Cashman regarding MLB's investigation into cheating allegations against the team.

So what did the letter say? There are two main revelations: The Yankees used their dugout phone to relay stolen signs in 2015 and 2016, and Manfred appears to have hid the truth from the public when he said in a statement in 2017 that the Yankees hadn't cheated.
Yankees cheated

The letter, which is scheduled to be unsealed later this week as part of a now-dismissed lawsuit brought against MLB by DraftKings customers, goes over a number of things that are public knowledge — namely that MLB found the Boston Red Sox had used electronic equipment, including a smartwatch, to steal and communicate signs to give the team an advantage.

What the public didn't know was that MLB had also found that the Yankees had stolen signs using the video room and the bullpen phone — a scheme which Manfred said was "similar" to what the Red Sox had done. During an interview with MLB's department of investigations, a Yankees employee — the same Yankees employee who initially noticed that the Red Sox were stealing signs with a smartwatch — said that he would gather info on opposing team's signs and relay that info to players or coaches, who would then bring it to the dugout to be used on the field. When the team was away, they used a different process. (The name of the Yankees employee has been redacted.)

[Redacted] also admitted that during that same time period, in certain stadiums on the road where the video room was not proximate to the dugout, used the phone line in the replay room to orally provide real-time information about opposing Club's signs to Yankee coaches on the bench.

More: https://sports.yahoo.com/leaked-yankees-letter-confirms-team-stole-signs-in-2015-which-mlb-hid-from-public-212021003.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Just absolutely f'n disgusting, and another reason I have given the finger to this corrupt game.

Timeframes ('15 and '16) discussed here pre-date the Astros documented transgressions, including penalites, draft pick losses etc.  But guess what?  Did or does MLB want to tar two "storied" franchises?  Hell no, because they are sleazy corrupt mf'ers.

Just another reason I have given up this game after almost 60 years of loyal fandom.  And double middle fingers to Yankee and Redsox fans who have been hazing the Astros.  They are hyprocritic ass holes.

Go to Hell MLB!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They don't call the Yankees the Evil Empire for nothing.

Red Sox fans will always have the 2004 ALCS, Game 6, A-Rod ball slap.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 03:10:15 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GrouchoTex

2015, in a one game playoff in Yankee stadium where Dallas Kuechul shut them down, proving that even while cheating, the Yankees just aren't that good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
2015, in a one game playoff in Yankee stadium where Dallas Kuechul shut them down, proving that even while cheating, the Yankees just aren't that good.

Manfred and Selig are trully corrupt and despicable slimeballs.  What Selig pulled on the Astros was especially disgusting.  Forcing them to the AL in return for approving the sale of team (McLane-Crane).

In fact back in 2014-2015, I planned to take a Class III misdemeanor by pelting Selig with rotten fruit if he visted Houston.   He never showed.

And yes, I was serious, and figured it would be the best $2500 I had ever spent.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 06:06:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Reason #187 why I hate the Yankees.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

In fact back in 2014-2015, I planned to take a Class III misdemeanor by pelting Selig with rotten fruit if he visted Houston.   He never showed.

And yes, I was serious.

Best opportunity is at Spring Training.  You can get real close.  Just got to know his schedule.  I saw him at a game in St. Pete.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Best opportunity is at Spring Training.  You can get real close.  Just got to know his schedule.  I saw him at a game in St. Pete.

Would had to be in Houston to give him maximum embarssment. I was so serious, I spent hours reading up on Houston and Harris County laws to see what would be my legal liabilities, and by that time I was retired. 

Rotton Fruit?-  $10 and 3 weeks of rotting
Gas to Houston- $20
Court charges- $2500
Damages to Selig's suit- $1500(?)

Satisfaction and watching the look on Selig's face?----   "Priceless"

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Reggie Jackson said that stealing signs was baseball. Also, calling catcher position was routine.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline GrouchoTex

The GM of the Yankees started in on the Astros again, about 2 weeks ago.
It had some players from around the league getting mad, saying that the Astros weren't the only ones doing it.
Also, some of them said that the Astros were good guys for taking the fall but not ratting anyone else out.
Yeah, it was commonplace.
Doesn't make me any happier as an Astros fan, but as long as there has been baseball, someone has tried to find a way to rig it in their favor.
Doctored baseballs, steroids, corked bats, etc....
The smugness of the Yankees GM was odd, considering he had to know what was about to come out.
Guess he was trying to say "but we aren't as bad as those guys."
A pretty lame argument.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The GM of the Yankees started in on the Astros again, about 2 weeks ago.
It had some players from around the league getting mad, saying that the Astros weren't the only ones doing it.
Also, some of them said that the Astros were good guys for taking the fall but not ratting anyone else out.
Yeah, it was commonplace.
Doesn't make me any happier as an Astros fan, but as long as there has been baseball, someone has tried to find a way to rig it in their favor.
Doctored baseballs, steroids, corked bats, etc....
The smugness of the Yankees GM was odd, considering he had to know what was about to come out.
Guess he was trying to say "but we aren't as bad as those guys."
A pretty lame argument.

He actually blamed the ASTROS for the Yankees' not reaching the World Series in a ALCS, when the interviewer challenged the GM on the Yank's decade plus drought in league championship series'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Reggie Jackson said that stealing signs was baseball. Also, calling catcher position was routine.

And he is right!  ALL teams steal signs and always have. MLB can KMA!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien