Author Topic: OR: Governor grants clemency for ‘cold-blooded’ killer because he was 17, victim’s family in dark  (Read 419 times)

Offline mountaineer

Governor grants clemency for ‘cold-blooded’ killer because he was 17, victim’s family in dark, outraged
April 28, 2022 | Melissa Fine
Oregon Governor Kate Brown is facing harsh condemnation for her decision earlier this month to grant clemency for convicted killer Kyle Hedquist without so much as informing the parents of then-19-year-old Nikki Thrasher that their daughter’s killer is back on the streets.

“He took the life of my daughter in cold blood,” mother Holly Thrasher told KOIN 6. “It was a cold-blooded murder. He planned it.”

“I am upset,” Thrasher continued. “I wasn’t even told.”

In 1994, Hedquist, then 17 years old, led Nikki Thrasher down a lonely Douglas County logging road and shot her in the back of the head to ensure she didn’t tell anyone about his recent burglary spree, according to the Daily Mail. He was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

But Hedquist, now 45, is getting a new lease on life from Governor Brown, in the name of “second chances.   ...
Rest of story at American Wire News

The guv and the guy she calls "low risk"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

There's a slight glimmer hope for Oregon. Don't screw it up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org