Author Topic: House Republicans give McCarthy standing ovation, brush off tapes  (Read 268 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 House Republicans give McCarthy standing ovation, brush off tapes
by Emily Brooks and Mychael Schnell - 04/27/22 11:52 AM ET

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) got a standing ovation in a Wednesday House GOP conference meeting after he addressed leaked recordings of his comments in the aftermath of Jan. 6, according to members and sources in the room. 

The action from McCarthy’s colleagues marks the clearest symbol yet that the revelation may not hurt his chances at taking the Speaker’s gavel if Republicans win the House.

McCarthy told members that the damning quotes from the Jan. 10, 2021, leadership call, during which he said he would suggest former President Trump resign if impeached and wondered if GOP members could be kicked off social media, were simply the leaders speculating on different scenarios.

“He just said that we were going to lay out different things of what could be,” said Rep. Robert Aderholt (Ala.). “At this point, you know, I take his word for it.”

The message during the Wednesday meeting was that Republicans need to keep pressing forward with what they’re doing to win control of the chamber after the election.

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3468729-house-republicans-give-mccarthy-standing-ovation-brush-off-tapes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: House Republicans give McCarthy standing ovation, brush off tapes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 04:52:18 pm »
Of course they would.  All the wet noodles need to stick together for sufficient critical mass to maintain the status quo - an endless supply of nothing burgers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 05:09:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 05:26:51 pm »
PROOF

The swamp has infiltatrated the GOP far wider and deeper than anyone realized.

This "Standing-O" is basically a confidence vote for Cheney, Kinzinger, and every other complicit GOP POS who endoreses J6 protestors being thrown under the jail without due process.

I always thought McCarthy was a snake in the grass, but Scalise?  This just shows you that Gaetz and MTG are the true outliers of what really appears to be a uni-party problem.  From this, the GOP getting back House in Novemember doesn't mean shit.  Just more of the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 05:57:27 pm »
PROOF

The swamp has infiltatrated the GOP far wider and deeper than anyone realized.

This "Standing-O" is basically a confidence vote for Cheney, Kinzinger, and every other complicit GOP POS who endoreses J6 protestors being thrown under the jail without due process.

I always thought McCarthy was a snake in the grass, but Scalise?  This just shows you that Gaetz and MTG are the true outliers of what really appears to be a uni-party problem.  From this, the GOP getting back House in Novemember doesn't mean shit.  Just more of the same.

Finally people are starting to look closer. Only way out of this problem is a NEW Patriot Opposition Party. Other than that keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. The UNIPARTY is real but most are not ready to believe that just yet. Maybe the mid terms and 2024 elections will prove that point. 888mouth

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 08:10:57 pm »
I predict that the Republicans will take the House and Senate and Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy will remain in their leadership positions

I predict that the Republicans will fight amongst themselves and that will bode well for Joe Biden in 2024

The split in the Republican Party will become more exacerbated after this November and going forward between the establishment wing, the Trump populist wing, and the TEA Party wing

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 03:00:42 am »
Must Watch Segment Tucker Carlson & @RepMattGaetz Expose The Liberal Faction In The GOP Leadership"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1519492796721344512

https://rumble.com/embed/v103a9h/?pub=4

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 12:59:42 pm »
It would be a very big mistake to give the maority toe the Republicans in 2022.  This nation will not recover from it.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 01:18:49 pm »
It would be a very big mistake to give the maority toe the Republicans in 2022.  This nation will not recover from it.

After what came to light yesterday, I've got to agree.  Sometimes you got to hit rock bottom before realizing the damage.

I think this thread needs bumping, because I am hearing that the rank and file are secretly lining up behind Cheney and Kinzinger.  They won't admit it, but........
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 01:20:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.