Author Topic: Swalwell: Many Republicans ‘More Comfortable with Violence Than They Are with Voting’  (Read 132 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Swalwell: Many Republicans ‘More Comfortable with Violence Than They Are with Voting’

Pam Key 27 Apr 2022

Representative Eric Swalwell (D-CA) said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Deadline” that many Republicans did not believe in democracy and were more comfortable with violence than voting.

Discussing the January 6, 2021 House investigation, anchor Nicolle Wallace said, “What’s amazing, what you learn from the texts is how deep into the executive branch of government Republican members who were reaching to try to overturn the result of the 2020 election.”

She asked, “What do you make of the sort of long-term participation of the Republican members in this effort to overturn the election and to use the NSA and the DNI to do so?”

Swalwell said, “Look, it’s so clear that so many of my Republican colleagues, from Kevin McCarthy to Marjorie Taylor Greene and others, they don’t believe in democracy, the idea that a majority wins. In fact, they are opposed to that. And they’re now more comfortable with violence than they are with voting. They were willing to use any lever of government to try and take away your vote and make sure that it didn’t count, and as Marjorie Taylor Greene asked for, imposing martial law, the idea that Donald Trump would be king of the United States, and that we would throw out a rule of law. That’s very scary.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/04/27/swalwell-many-republicans-more-comfortable-with-violence-than-they-are-with-voting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

That would be laughable if this turd wasn't so dangerous.

Offline mountaineer

He's fairly comfortable shtupping Chinese spies, fwiw.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

This is Rich coming from a member of a party that had no problem with all the violence, rioting, and looting in the summer of 2020 and coming from a member of a party that’s been running some of the most violent inner cities in the last several decades
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fartboy Literally talking out of his ass again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wrong, Swallow-well.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online cato potatoe

Do the democrats own mirrors, or were those deemed a product of white supremacy? 

Offline Kamaji

This is Rich coming from a member of a party that had no problem with all the violence, rioting, and looting in the summer of 2020 and coming from a member of a party that’s been running some of the most violent inner cities in the last several decades

:thumbsup:

As well as the party that chose to "manipulate" the 2020 election, as they very proudly bragged about in a 2020 Time Magazine article (they called it "fortifying" the election).

Offline Killer Clouds

Swalwell has 0 credibility.