Author Topic: Biden Blocks Oil Drilling on Millions of Acres in Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve  (Read 1606 times)

Offline roamer_1

Interesting perspective.  While I agree the federal government should contain limits, I doubt this will gain traction.

The best bet is for a state to have a long-term plan in place to purchase back land within the state that the federal government claims is theirs.

Perhaps. But in my case, as always, it's the principle of the thing.  happy77

Offline libertybele

Perhaps. But in my case, as always, it's the principle of the thing.  happy77

Similiar to the Cliven Bundy situation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Similiar to the Cliven Bundy situation.

That whole deal was about fed land. It ain't right, I'll tell you what.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That whole deal was about fed land. It ain't right, I'll tell you what.
Neither is Biden, but right now we have to live with the thing
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Interior cancels oil and gas lease sales in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico
by Breanne Deppisch, Energy and Environment Reporter
 | May 12, 2022 08:56 AM

The Interior Department said it will not move forward with three planned oil and gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska’s Cook Inlet, meaning the administration will not hold a lease sale on coastal waters this year.

The announcement late Wednesday night, which comes as President Joe Biden faces record-high gas costs, will halt hopes of offshore drilling on millions of acres of federal land. Alaska’s Cook Inlet was home to more than 1 million acres of federal land alone.

The Interior Department confirmed the news in an email to the Washington Examiner late Wednesday.

“Due to lack of industry interest in leasing in the area, the Department will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258” or the Cook Inlet project, DOI said.

The decision not to move ahead with two leases in the Gulf of Mexico region, meanwhile, was due to “conflicting court rulings” that delayed work on the proposed lease sales, a DOI official told the Washington Examiner.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/interior-cancels-oil-and-gas-lease-sales-in-alaska-and-gulf-of-mexico
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34