Author Topic: Elon Musk Will Not Save Us  (Read 187 times)

Offline Kamaji

Elon Musk Will Not Save Us
« on: April 27, 2022, 06:28:21 pm »
Elon Musk Will Not Save Us

Some conservatives who should know better have lost their minds over the Tesla CEO’s $44 billion purchase of Twitter. They will pay a heavy price.

By Brian Maloney
April 26, 2022

Breaking news: Elon Musk is not a deity here to save the Right from its own shortcomings. Sorry to burst 2022’s weirdest bubble. We’ve now crossed firmly into outright hysteria, but at what cost? 

Because congressional Republicans failed to focus on election integrity and reining in Big Tech tyranny when in power (sadly, lobbying money won), desperate conservatives are now latching onto perceived “saviors” who are instead false idols.

In 2020, we had attorney Lin Wood marching in to rectify a stolen election, until he switched gears and encouraged Republicans to stay home for the critical U.S. Senate runoff election in Georgia last year. That gave us two new Democrats and an extremist Supreme Court justice.

Working with Wood was Sidney Powell, who promised daily to release a “Kraken” that never appeared. And earlier this year, podcast host Joe Rogan promised in vague terms to do something for us beyond promoting his own career. We’ve gained nothing from any of these people.

Now, with a religious fervor normally reserved for revival tents, the Right has grabbed onto billionaire Silicon Valley tech oligarch Elon Musk. This erratic, eccentric CEO promises an unending reign of “free speech absolutism” with his pending $44 billion purchase of Twitter. (The deal is not final.) 

Unfortunately, it’s a mass delusion, one that will blow up in the faces of conservatives, potentially cost Republicans seats, and set the movement back many years. And incredibly, almost no one on the Right (with rare exceptions, such as Steve Bannon) considers this likely outcome.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/26/elon-musk-will-not-save-us/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Elon Musk Will Not Save Us
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 06:38:19 pm »
Good observations....

We must not forget that powerful Libertarians like Musk, Rogan, and Maher are not Conservatives.

These things can backfire badly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 07:01:32 pm »
Good observations....

We must not forget that powerful Libertarians like Musk, Rogan, and Maher are not Conservatives.

These things can backfire badly.

Yep... how many times have we seen it before (Kanye West, Evan McMullin ect..)
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 11:45:05 am »
Elon Musk is an incredibly rich fool. But he's a useful fool, whom we know, and who is probably less dangerous in terms of callous manipulation compared to the other big players in the Internet realm, Zuckerberg and Bezos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 12:31:44 pm »
I'm not looking for a "savior", but if Elon Musk can move the bar a little bit more toward sanity then I can be in favor of that without endorsing or embracing the entirety of his being.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 01:23:13 pm »
I'm not looking for a "savior", but if Elon Musk can move the bar a little bit more toward sanity then I can be in favor of that without endorsing or embracing the entirety of his being.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Musk taking over Twitter is a bad thing.  We are afraid that there might be many who think this he is a conservative.  He's not one, and we need to deal with him on that basis.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 01:39:50 pm »
I don't think anyone is arguing that Musk taking over Twitter is a bad thing.  We are afraid that there might be many who think this he is a conservative.  He's not one, and we need to deal with him on that basis.

Exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 01:42:43 pm »
Vigilance demands we save ourselves and each other.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.