Author Topic: JMU mourns the loss of softball’s Lauren Bernett  (Read 521 times)

Offline Hoodat

JMU mourns the loss of softball’s Lauren Bernett
« on: April 27, 2022, 04:36:36 pm »
JMU mourns the loss of softball’s Lauren Bernett

WHSV Newsroom  |  Apr. 26, 2022  |  10:31 AM EDT

HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - James Madison University is mourning the loss of one of their own, softball player and sophomore Lauren Bernett.

The following message was sent out to the JMU community and posted on social media Tuesday morning:

“Our hearts are aching, hearing the news of the loss of one of our student-athletes.

Lauren Bernett was a high-achieving member of our softball team and a great ambassador of JMU and our athletics program. She was a key member of our 2021 Women’s College World Series team as a freshman catcher last year.

College athletics is great because of the people with whom we get to interact every day. We are a tight family. We are grateful that Lauren has been part of our JMU Athletics community and will always consider her to be a Duke. We will miss her dearly.  .  .

https://www.whsv.com/2022/04/26/jmu-mourns-loss-softballs-lauren-bernett/

I'm guessing she had been jabbed.  There are an inordinate number of young athletes who have died suddenly over the past year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Re: JMU mourns the loss of softball’s Lauren Bernett
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 08:13:27 pm »
She's from a town near me. I've heard that it was suicide.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org