Author Topic: Helping LGBT Activists Isolate Children From Their Parents Puts The Kids In Grave Danger  (Read 70 times)

Offline Kamaji

Helping LGBT Activists Isolate Children From Their Parents Puts The Kids In Grave Danger

There is simply no reason a school official should provide materials to a student without a parent’s knowledge.

BY: CHAD FELIX GREENE
APRIL 27, 2022

In yet another public display against parental rights and keeping parents informed about what their children are learning in schools, LGBT activists are condemning the passage of a new Oklahoma bill they claim would “out” LGBT children. Activists have positioned the argument once again as LGBT children against their own parents. LGBTQ Nation’s headline states: “Oklahoma bill that could require school counselors to out students advances,”

The bill, SB615, has been hotly debated, with even Republican representatives suggesting its potential “harm.” Republican state Sen, Brenda Stanley argued, “My concern is that we do not break that confidentiality agreement that we have with children.”

Essentially, the bill ensures that school counselors do not encourage discussion of sexual or gender identity or provide supportive materials without informing parents.

I Was Outed As a Teen
The argument that this may “out” LGBT students to their parents in the process and this outing is inherently harmful, however, is an assumption that must be challenged. In 1998, my school outed me to my parents. I was 16 and I was mortified by the experience.

My father was called into the school with school officials and counselors. The principal brought up the fact that several teachers had expressed concern about my recent behavior and mood and that other students had told them I was telling people I was gay.

Of course, there was more to the story than culturally insensitive educators overreacting to my revelation. I had been engaging in dangerous sexual experiences with adults, had recently begun exploring all aspects of gay culture and identity online and in books, and had fallen into an emotional mess of anxiety, depression, and acting out.

My father was confused, concerned, upset, and frightened by the revelation, although he later admitted he suspected it for quite some time. He began limiting my online activities and started to watch me more carefully, limiting my opportunities to sneak out late at night.

I certainly felt it was unfair and a hateful and intolerant reaction to being gay, but looking back now, it was absolutely the right thing for him to do. Keeping that secret nearly destroyed my academic career. I barely graduated high school.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/27/helping-lgbt-activists-isolate-children-from-their-parents-puts-the-kids-in-grave-danger/