Author Topic: Shocking Lack of Self-Awareness: MSNBC Host Worries Musk's Twitter Could 'Secretly Ban' Politicians  (Read 91 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shocking Lack of Self-Awareness: MSNBC Host Worries Musk's Twitter Could 'Secretly Ban' Politicians and Influence Elections
By Kira Davis | Apr 26, 2022 1:30 AM ET

Ari Melber hosts a show called The Beat on MSNBC, and like many of his ideological comrades, he is Very Concerned™ about what might happen to Twitter with Elon Musk at the helm.

In what has to be the most stunning lack of self-awareness and cognitive dissonance perhaps ever committed on the world wide web, Melber took to the air on Monday to express his fears about the demise of fair play on Twitter. Melber worried that one person owning all of a site like Twitter wouldn’t have to be transparent, and that person might even be able to *gasp* secretly ban politicians they don’t like, or outright ban them, or even *second gasp* “turn down their reach.”  And no one would know until after the election!

“If you own all of Twitter or Facebook or what have you, you don’t have to explain yourself. You don’t even have to be transparent. You could secretly ban one party’s candidate or all of its candidates, all of its nominees. Or you could just secretly turn down the reach of their stuff, turn up the reach of something else. The rest of us might not even find out about it until after the election.”

Who wants to tell Melber first?

more
https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2022/04/26/shocking-lack-of-self-awareness-msnbc-host-worries-musks-twitter-could-secretly-ban-politicians-and-influence-elections-n556110
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

If you were to go up to most Americans and ask them if they felt that more political debate was better for democracy versus one-sided, less political debate, most people would look at you strange for asking such a question. Of course most Americans, and most people in general, would agree with the former

I don’t believe that the Democrats and leftist believe that political debate that allows all sides to present their positions is truly a threat to “democracy.”  They just fear losing their control and power
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy