Author Topic: John Kerry: I'm putting natural gas *on notice*  (Read 628 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kerry: I'm putting natural gas *on notice*
« on: April 25, 2022, 10:50:04 pm »
John Kerry: I'm putting natural gas "on notice"
Jazz Shaw Apr 25, 2022 12:31 PM ET

You have to admire the sense of humor on display by the editorial board at The Wall Street Journal some days. Their article from Friday carried the simple but amusing title, “John Kerry Says the Darndest Things.” They’re referring to a recent interview that Biden’s “climate envoy” did with Bloomberg TV. In it, despite only recently saying that natural gas could be a “bridge fuel” until we have more wind and solar capability, Kerry declared that he was only giving the gas industry “no more than ten years” to find a way to capture and eliminate carbon emissions or we’re going to “deploy alternative sources of energy.” Since this would essentially amount to a death sentence for natural gas, Mr. Kerry needs to explain just exactly how he plans to make this happen, particularly when he doesn’t have any sort of executive authority to declare such mandates. (WSJ, subscription required)

President Biden’s climate envoy John Kerry a few months ago said he could see natural gas being a “bridge fuel.” Apparently he meant a bridge to nowhere. On Thursday he sentenced the industry to death in 10 years, no matter if renewable energy sources won’t be able to replace natural gas by then.

“We have to put the industry on notice: You’ve got six years, eight years, no more than 10 years or so, within which you’ve got to come up with a means by which you’re going to capture [emissions], and if you’re not capturing, then we have to deploy alternative sources of energy,” he told Bloomberg TV. Can someone come up with a way to capture and bury Mr. Kerry’s emissions?

He added: “No one should make it easy for the gas interests to be building out 30- or 40-year infrastructure, which we’re then stuck with and you know the fight will be ‘well we can’t close these because of the employment, because of the investors, et cetera.’”

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/04/25/john-kerry-im-putting-natural-gas-on-notice-n464674
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: John Kerry: I'm putting natural gas *on notice*
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 11:18:00 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 11:31:39 pm »
He is a gas bag.  Lets put him on notice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 10:14:39 pm »
He picked a fight with the wrong fuel.

Natural gas is as natural as a blade of grass, and is even called 'natural'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 11:34:53 pm »
Midterm Tagline:  The Democrats want you to pay more for heat this Winter.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 12:24:32 am »
Midterm Tagline:  The Democrats want you to pay more for heat this Winter.
And they won't care if you freeze to death. You're expendible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 01:03:26 am »

9999hair out0000 I'm so sick and tired of the liberal mental midget hypocrites; it's enough to make me want to puke.

:3:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.