Author Topic: Far out, Man: Washington State Declares Term 'Marijuana' 'Racist,' Strikes It From State Law  (Read 686 times)

Offline Kamaji

Far out, Man: Washington State Declares Term 'Marijuana' 'Racist,' Strikes It From State Law

By Mike Miller
Apr 24, 2022

Let’s just say that given the mindset of the far-out-left in Washington state, I wouldn’t be surprised if Democrat lawmakers and their left-wing governor were at least half-baked when they passed legislation to remove the term “marijuana” from the text of all state laws because it’s “racist.” C’mon, man— for real?

The term will be replaced with “cannabis.”

I mean, we have “weed,” “pot,” “grass,” “reefer,” and other nicknames that are apparently non-racist — at least for now — so, what’s wrong with “marijuana”?

As reported by KIRO-7 in Seattle, Washington Democrat state Rep. Melanie Morgan, who sponsored the bill, argued that “the term ‘marijuana’ itself is pejorative and racist.” Sure it is. Before long, the list of terms not racist will be exceeded by the number of terms that are racist by a left-wing country mile.

So why “marijuana”? Ready to connect some ridiculous dots? Here we go.

Source:  https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/04/24/far-out-man-washington-state-declares-term-marijuana-racist-strikes-it-from-state-law-n555432

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Forget it, Jake.
It's Washington state.

Like California and Oregon, no longer part of "America"...

Offline mountaineer

Maryjane is still okay, right?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
somehow I don't think it will be considered racist when it comes to charging someone with withholding the states ounce of flesh from illegal 'not marijuana' sales.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Is burrito, taco, and salsa racist? (along with thousands of other words) Please enlighten me. I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings. ... LOL!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.