Author Topic: Why do some people never get COVID while others get it several times, even if vaccinated?  (Read 102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why do some people never get COVID while others get it several times, even if vaccinated?
Differences in the immune system could be the reason why some get COVID more than once, despite being vaccinated and even boosted

Danielle Echeverria
April 18, 2022
Updated: April 21, 2022 8:21 a.m.

There are many people who have never gotten COVID-19, despite repeated exposure. At the other extreme, there are lots who’ve gotten sick from the coronavirus more than once, despite being vaccinated and even boosted.

Do we know why?

A lot of factors are at play, experts said, including genetics and variations in immune response. Scientists are working towards finding a clear answer.

Are some people genetically immune to COVID?

more
https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/amp/covid-immunity-17085243.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Lifestyle
Heredity
Co-morbidities
Repeated exposure
Population density
Climate

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

I read a thing that claimed that people died because covid attacked receptors in the brain that control the diaphragm... And that nicotine used the same receptors... Smokers, who counterintuitively tend to recover from covid...

I also have a theory... Corona has long been known to be carried by cattle and dogs. So people that are around cattle and dogs would tend to be exposed frequently to corona in a multitude of variants. Covid hit folks in town way harder than rural folks around here. And the rural folks never did take many precautions (no masks, vax)... Them that did get it used the horse paste and recovered in a few days.

I use tobacco and frequent places with cows and dogs...  :whistle: :shrug:

I do not know anyone who died from covid. and pretty few that contracted it. My whacko-liberal sister in suburban Chicago lost many.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:32:37 pm by roamer_1 »