Author Topic: Why is the CO₂ Concentration Rising?  (Read 164 times)

rebewranger

Why is the CO₂ Concentration Rising?
« on: April 23, 2022, 01:39:23 pm »

Why is the CO₂ Concentration Rising?
16 hours ago 
Frans Schrijver

Klimaatfeiten.nl (in Dutch)

Apr 15, 2022

The general view in society is that human emissions of CO₂ are the all-determining cause of the increased concentration in the atmosphere. Most scientists and even many climate skeptics do not question this. There is some debate about how long this extra CO₂ will stay in the atmosphere, but that’s about it. That’s remarkable, as several scientists have published extensively on the flaws and inconsistencies of this narrative. By looking at the significant increase in the CO₂-flows from and to land and sea it’s in fact easy to see that the CO₂-rise is largely due to natural causes.

The idea that human CO₂ is the all-determining cause of the increased concentration is based on the assumption that the natural inflows and outflows are always and exactly in equilibrium with each other. Based on this perfect equilibrium thinking, human emissions, even though they are relatively small, cause a perturbation year after year. In the so-called global carbon budget[2] about 10 PgC of CO₂ is added every year, while the absorption flux has only increased by 6 PgC/yr (1 Petagram = 1 Gigaton = 1 billion tons). The concentration therefore continues to rise indefinitely as long as people emit CO₂.

To support this idea it is also assumed that human emissions accumulate in the atmosphere. Where you would expect a single residence time for a reservoir with in- and outflows, the IPCC-models calculate with a small residence time of about 4 years for natural CO₂ and a large one for human CO₂: “The removal of all the human-emitted CO2 from the atmosphere by natural processes will take a few hundred thousand years (high confidence)”.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/04/22/why-is-the-co%e2%82%82-concentration-rising/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Why is the CO₂ Concentration Rising?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 06:32:12 pm »
Why? I'm a gonna go with natural sources like the very active burning ring of fire and other natural sources and gross polluters like China and India. But hey WTF let's cripple the American economy and tax Americans into poverty.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 02:52:09 pm »
Because it has always ebbed and flowed, up and down, across the millennia.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 03:29:03 pm »
Well, soda pop consumption peaked in 1999, when parents started becoming concerned about sugary drinks and health, but I would wager that much of that crowd has transitioned to beer or champagne (or malt liquor)....

Every time a bottle opens, it liberates CO2.. :tongue2: :whistle: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis