Author Topic: American Babylon: Endarkening The Nations  (Read 68 times)

Offline Kamaji

American Babylon: Endarkening The Nations
« on: April 23, 2022, 03:31:02 pm »
American Babylon: Endarkening The Nations

April 22, 2022
Rod Dreher

I have had a peaceful and restorative Orthodox Holy Week in Jerusalem. It has been good to not think about the collapse of Western civilization for a while, though it has come up a few times. When the transgender madness back in America comes up with religious Israeli Jews and Palestinian Christians, they are absolutely confused and angry about the whole thing. To watch their faces and hear their words when they talk about it is like going back in time to America circa 2008, or even a bit later, when the idea of filling the heads of little children with gender ideology would have sounded insane, and quite possibly criminal, to most Americans.

Not anymore. This is what America has become. We are no longer a light to the world; we are endarkening it. These people are correct to fear and loathe the poisonous ideology we are promoting in the world, via our government, our corporations, and our entertainment.

It’s not just us, either. I had coffee with a British Christian visiting the city, a man who has worked in elite circles most of his life. He told me that he, his wife, and their adult child, a college student, are starting to make plans to get out of the UK. I met him at a cafe where we shared a table, talking to locals. He told them about how you can find yourself disciplined at work, or even out of a job, for using the wrong word. When he told a story about how he was very nearly fired for an offense that sounded like a bad parody of wokeness, the local people thought he was surely making it up. I told them that I didn’t know this Brit, but what he said happens all the time.

I see that the invaluable Christopher Rufo has published leaked documents from the Evanston-Skokie public school system in Illinois. Excerpt:

The Evanston–Skokie School District has adopted a radical gender curriculum that teaches pre-kindergarten through third-grade students to celebrate the transgender flag, break the “gender binary” established by white “colonizers,” and experiment with neo-pronouns such as “ze,” “zir,” and “tree.”

If you go to this link, you can read the original source material yourself.

This is morally insane. And, as we know, this ideology has conquered American elites and their institutions. There seems to be no brakes on this runaway train.

Why are we letting this happen in our country? Jeremy Carl tells the truth without pulling punches. Excerpts:

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/american-babylon-endarkening-the-nations-transgender/