Author Topic: Top House Republicans question Mayorkas' ‘suitability for office’ amid border crisis  (Read 183 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 April 24, 2022 7:00pm EDT
Top House Republicans question Mayorkas' ‘suitability for office’ amid border crisis
There were more than 221,000 migrant encounters in March alone
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: A number of top House Republicans are doubling down on their criticism of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas as the crisis at the border escalates, and questioning his suitability for office – just as the U.S. is facing yet another potential surge in migrants at the southern border.

"We write to address your actions to dismantle the security of our nation’s southern border and disregard for the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws," the more than 50 Republicans, led by Border Security Caucus co-chair Brian Babin, R-Texas., and Republican Study Committee Chair Jim Bank, say in a letter to Mayorkas, obtained by Fox News Digital.

Signers of the letter include Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, Republican Whip Steve Scalise and House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik.

"Your actions have willingly endangered American citizens, undermined the rule of law and our nation’s sovereignty," they write. "Your failure to secure the border and enforce the laws passed by Congress raise grave questions about your suitability for office."

The sharp criticism of Mayorkas comes amid continued pressure by Republicans on the Biden administration over the border crisis, pressure that has only increased with the administration's announcement this month that it will end the Title 42 public health order in May – which has led to heightened concern about a massive spike in numbers in the summer months.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-house-republicans-mayorkas-suitability-office-border-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Duh!..hey guys what was your first clue!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Duh!..hey guys what was your first clue!

This border crisis is almost two years old and these House Republicans are only realizing that it’s a problem now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy