Author Topic: Effort to boot Greene from ballot could open new avenue of attack  (Read 756 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Effort to boot Greene from ballot could open new avenue of attack
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2022, 08:19:16 pm »
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

Petitioners are trying to link MTG to lines from the movie Independence Day.

Judge cannot control laughter.

2:28 PM · Apr 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2022, 08:21:46 pm »
Randy Quaid
@RandyRRQuaid

Wow @RepMTG is being asked in a courtroom to disown the liking of The Constitution and the Civil War and,  bizarrely, my film Independence Day— specifically a scene where I volunteer my services as a pilot to take down the Aliens! WITCH-HUNT!

2:50 PM · Apr 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Online Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 08:30:38 pm »
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

I’m here in Atlanta to support

This is here in Atlanta?  Today?  And I missed it?  DAMN!  I would have taken a day off of work for this.

I hope that there's a mention of the name of the building where this court is located.  The Democrats named it after the US Senator who led the filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2022, 08:36:02 pm »
And in Arizona ......

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

AZ judge tosses lawsuit filed against Biggs and Gosar trying to kick them off the ballot over the INSUREKSHUN

9:59 AM · Apr 22, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 08:52:47 pm »
Good deal on Gosar and Biggs.  Gosar is my guy....

Thanks for this update, @Right_in_Virginia!  (Funny side note:  Gosar needed to move because his city was redistricted out of this 75% Republican District, so he moved to a place a couple miles from me in BHC.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2022, 09:06:14 pm »
The Dems know they'll lose at the voting booth, so, they'll try to win in the courts.

I can't see how someone not convicted of a crime can be disqualified, but, I know them Dems will try to show us.

The GOP needs to develop a deep bench, so, when Dems use legal maneuvers to disqualify a Republican candidate ... the GOP response can be, "Next man up."
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2022, 09:25:40 pm »
I can't see how someone not convicted of a crime can be disqualified, but, I know them Dems will try to show us.

Not just unconvicted.  These people haven't even been charged with a crime.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2022, 12:28:05 am »
Not just unconvicted.  These people haven't even been charged with a crime.

Their crime is opposing the progressive agenda
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2022, 12:29:31 am »
The Dems know they'll lose at the voting booth, so, they'll try to win in the courts.

This is obviously the strategy. And I don’t think they’re gonna give up so easily after losing this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2022, 01:18:03 am »
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Court Appearance for Alleged 'Insurrection' Was Absolutely Bonkers
By Bonchie | Apr 22, 2022 5:45 PM ET

I’ll admit to forgetting this was a thing, but apparently, Democrat activists are still trying to get Marjorie Taylor Greene thrown off the 2022 ballot under the guise that she promoted an insurrection.

What’s the evidence to support such a contention? Apparently, the use of common historical terms and the movie “Independence Day.” I’m not kidding. Greene took the stand, and what followed was just bonkers.

Here’s a taste of how silly things got.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1517604376805785603

Greene previously used the phrase “we will not go quietly into the night,” which prompted a showing of “Independence Day” in the courtroom (again, I’m not kidding), after which the congresswoman said that she did not get her inspiration from the movie. Of note is that the phrase is common, and as Greene notes, it first appeared in a poem during the mid-20th century. In other words, Hollywood ripped it off, and this looney lawyer didn’t even realize it, asserting that Greene saying it somehow meant she…had a desire to foment insurrection?

I mean, heck, that scene in “Independence Day” is not even about insurrection. It’s about governments preserving themselves and their people by killing aliens. But BlueAnon is nothing if they aren’t absolutely insane.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/04/22/marjorie-taylor-greenes-court-appearance-for-alleged-insurrection-was-absolutely-bonkers-n554593
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2022, 01:27:50 am »
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Court Appearance for Alleged 'Insurrection' Was Absolutely Bonkers
By Bonchie | Apr 22, 2022 5:45 PM ET

In other words, Hollywood ripped it off, and this looney lawyer didn’t even realize it, asserting that Greene saying it somehow meant she…had a desire to foment insurrection?

@mystery-ak

I seriously doubt he didn't know that,but he is a prosecuting attorney,and his job is to lie in a professional manner in order to get convictions.

Of course,defense attorneys also lie for a living because their jobs are to get their clients found to be not guilty of anything they are charged with,not justice.

We just all pretend none of this is true.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:30:10 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2022, 01:33:04 am »
Randy Quaid
@RandyRRQuaid

Wow @RepMTG is being asked in a courtroom to disown the liking of The Constitution and the Civil War and,  bizarrely, my film Independence Day— specifically a scene where I volunteer my services as a pilot to take down the Aliens! WITCH-HUNT!

2:50 PM · Apr 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

I didn’t know that Randy Quaid had conservative leanings. Am I wrong?

His character in the movie “Christmas Vacation” carried that movie
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:37:56 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater