Author Topic: Michigan to End All Coal Production, Expand Solar in Name of Climate Change  (Read 694 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan to End All Coal Production, Expand Solar in Name of Climate Change

Penny Starr 22 Apr 2022

Michigan’s effort to end coal production and replace it with solar energy is being aided by a woke public utility that has agreed to stop its use by 2025, this despite the state’s abundant energy resources, including coal, natural gas, and nuclear.

Attorney General Dana Nessel announced an agreement between the state and Consumers Energy Company, which says on its website that it provides natural gas and electricity to 6.6 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents.

The website said it is “leading the clean energy transformation:”

Leading this transformation is the opportunity of our generation. We’re proud of our pledge to deliver industry-leading zero-coal, net-zero carbon and renewable energy for our customers and planet. Our success in this important work depends on innovating as well as partnering with you, to use energy wisely with energy efficiency and demand response programs. This is our moonshot moment. The best part? We get to lead it for our customers, our state and the planet!

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/22/michigan-to-end-all-coal-production-expand-solar-in-name-of-climate-change/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:happyhappy:

That’ll work out real well the first time Winter comes around. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:happyhappy:

That’ll work out real well the first time Winter comes around.
They have trees, and failing that, whole neighborhoods to burn to keep warm...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

They have trees, and failing that, whole neighborhoods to burn to keep warm...
That's one way to clear out the derelict houses in Detroit. Just burn them for heat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Needless to say, the affected areas (mining) almost all voted Republican in the last election...

The democrat vote (what wasn't entirely fictional) was mainly in the cities of the lower peninsula, an only in Marquette Co. in the Upper...

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

It seems Michigan didn’t learn it’s lessons from Jennifer Granholm
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm from Michigan, and I don't recall there being much coal mining there.  I suppose there could be, because I lived in an oil-patch region of the state so there's petroleum.

Maybe the title of the article is bogus, and they're not writing about production at all, but rather consumption.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: