Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 4944 times)

Online roamer_1

Who's the 'all y'all' rooting for more spending?  Certainly not anyone in Brieferville.

Who's more responsible for "ENORMOUS" spending ..... Congress or a President with a veto-proof legislative branch?

I'll say it again:   If you really want to control spending, focus on the ones who write the bills, not the one under whom they become law.

The work to give Trump an America First congressional majority in his second term begins in 2022.   You need to get busy.

EXCUSES. I do not ONLY blame Tumpy. I blame them ALL. and rightly.

And I have no faith in your kiss-the-ring criteria for your 'America First' nonsense.

You want my help, you know how that's done.

Online roamer_1

Exactly right, @sneakypete !

@DCPatriot
@sneakypete

No, it is not. You will get nothing done with ONLY a president. Same as last time. Your own party will hobble him. Watch and see.

Online LMAO

Good post @sneakypete   I believe you are absolutely correct.

Trump on the onset changed for the better and changed the direction of our country and put us on a much better course. There is no denying under his leadership we became energy independent, experienced the lowest unemployment in history, we were once again revered around the globe and he was making progress on the wall and illegal immigration.

He was far from a dictator, and was a true leader who wasn't afraid to display patriotism.  He not only inherited O'bammy's debt but had to further sink us into debt because of COVID. He displayed incredible leadership and left it up to the states to re-open, etc.

Obviously his selection of people such as Barr, Sessions, Kushner, etc., weren't the best.  He indeed needs to select a very competent, conservative and strong minded VP.  IMO only a few people fit that criteria right now; DeSantis, Cruz, Pompeo or Noem. 

At this time, Trump hasn't even announced if he is running in '24.

The mid terms will reveal the mindset of the country and also IF the DEMS are able to again undermine a fair election.

Who here is advocating Trump be a dictator? And we were sinking further into debt before COVID

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:54:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

This is true

You could have the most fiscally conservative president and it won’t matter much if we have a Congress full of big spenders

Except that Conservative president would have VETOED those bills and made them go around him. That's how he washes his hands.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

EXCUSES. I do not ONLY blame Tumpy. I blame them ALL. and rightly.

And I have no faith in your kiss-the-ring criteria for your 'America First' nonsense.

You want my help, you know how that's done.

I think I'll look elsewhere for help.  Thanks.   :laugh:

Online roamer_1

I think I'll look elsewhere for help.  Thanks.   :laugh:

:seeya:

Online LMAO

Except that Conservative president would have VETOED those bills and made them go around him. That's how he washes his hands.

True

And the assumption made by some is if Trump had a fiscally conservative Congress, he himself would be fiscally conservative. Nothing indicates that to be true

I’m at least thankful that, for now, Biden and his party is getting the heat from the public on inflation. It presents opportunity.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:05:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

I am a Reagan era Principled Conservative. I tend toward a well rounded approach, but I also understand those principles to be interwoven - Without all, you will have none. Philosophically, that's just a fact.

The debt, and the spending (relates to size, relates to coercive power) are so far beyond merely egregious that it has become the primary point to me as well.

I am happy with states that have curtailed abortion recently - But it will amount to nothing if the fed continues toward the erosion of states rights... And that is directly attributable to all that money (==power). A good example of how all conservative principles intertwine.

I don't know if we can bounce back out of this one. It could already be too late. The dollar is stretched too far. And we are using it like a trampoline jumping from the tenth story.

The ONLY way forward is with fiscal conservatism leading the charge with libertarianism on its heels. All the rest require that to come into balance first, or they simply cannot be secured...

And YES! Contract with America! You bet. I have often said that what is most needed is a Congress jealous of its powers. All this populist fawning over presidents like super heroes is not only embarrassing, but nearly completely useless.

We need a bad ass Congress. And we need a Tom Delay. The president is almost an incidental rubber stamp.

You are correct @roamer_1 it may already be too late. 

The only one that has come forward recently with a "Contract with America" is Sen. Rick Scott, former governor of FL.  He sold us down the river on the 2A and implemented red flag laws.  As far as I know DeSantis has done little if anything to remedy that.

Ultimately the power needs to be returned back to the states.  I believe that would take convening a Convention of States, but  because of the liberal state legislatures in some states that could prove to do more harm than good.  I believe we missed that opportunity awhile ago.

Yes we need a conservative Congress that will actually do something. Voting the liberals out of Congress and finding enough conservatives to fill those seats has been an on-going problem which has been compounded by the issue of very poor and weak GOP leadership.

As for debt, obviously each president inherits the debt of his predecessor. Keep in mind it was Reagan that took us to that $1 trillion dollar mark -- just sayin'.

There is no easy solution, nor do I have the answers, especially when we have a Congress and a SCOTUS who are not on the side of "We the People".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I believe his approval rating  was low. Nominate him and it will be the best chance Biden has to win reelection. Just fact

He and Hillary Clinton had the highest negatives amongst the public than any other candidates before them. Although the crowds he attracted were big, most voters do not attend political rallies. That’s why his approval rating was low.

As for 2024, I don’t have anybody yet.

@LMAO

Which means,by your own definition,that Trump will draw even more voters than the did in the massive crowds that went to see him.

And anybody that truly thinks the DNC didn't steal the last election is delusional.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Which means,by your own definition,that Trump will draw even more voters than the did in the massive crowds that went to see

Speculation

And I made no such “definition.”  The fact is most voters do not attend political rallies

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Careful now. This inflation run started under Tumpy. All that glitters is not gold.

@roamer_1

I know I am wasting my time pointing out facts to a "Rude Orange Man BAD!" devotee,but WHOSE budget did Trump inherit,and just exactly WHAT did you expect him to do other than TRY to get Congress to cancel some of their favorite programs that bought votes for them?

You DO understand we have Presidents,and not Dictators,right?

Online LMAO

Given the 24/7 adversarial media, Pres. Trump was in no position to veto the stimulus packages during his term.

The media will be adversarial to any Republican president.

Being afraid of a hostile media is not an excuse to run up the debt

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep. During COVID (a force majeure).

Biden hasn't really had that excuse, because by the time Biden was in office, it was fairly obvious that the prescriptions of Fauci and the CDC were just so much snake oil.

Biden, however, has done all in his power to drive fuel prices up, and that does more to put a JATO rocket under inflation than anything else. EVERYTHING is shipped somewhere, and fuel is involved. When fuel goes up, the price of everything else does, too.
The latest is going to be the fertilizer shortage this year, which means the real famine won't hit until next year. 

We'll see how popular Biden and his lackeys are then.

@Smokin Joe

Well,he will be as popular as ever with the parasites in corporate board rooms that get goobermint contracts,the professional welfare types,and the trust-fund chillruns.

His actual favorable poll numbers will never be known because all the political polls we see published are controlled by globalists.

AND.......,all we will see on teebee will be leftist voters ranting and raving about what a cruel and heartless monster "Rude Orange Man" is because he is starving their chillruns to death and cutting into their pharmaceutical budgets.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

“Sigh”

Do you have something else besides this worn out talking point? You repeating this talking point every time you read something that’s uncomfortable for you is really getting tiresome

@LMAO

I apologize for interrupting your delusions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Examples? Can you point out where I’m wrong?

@LMAO

Why bother when you do such an excellent job of doing this yourself?

Online LMAO

@roamer_1

I know I am wasting my time pointing out facts to a "Rude Orange Man BAD!" devotee,but WHOSE budget did Trump inherit,and just exactly WHAT did you expect him to do other than TRY to get Congress to cancel some of their favorite programs that bought votes for them?

You DO understand we have Presidents,and not Dictators,right?

Does Biden get that same excuse or is that a special carve out for Trump? After all, whose budget did Biden inherit and just exactly WHAT did you expect him to do other than TRY to get Congress to cancel some of their favorite programs that bought votes for them

Have you ever heard the term VETO?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:41:08 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@LMAO

I apologize for interrupting your delusions.

You don’t read your own posting history, do you?

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Why bother when you do such an excellent job of doing this yourself?

Examples?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@roamer_1

Did Obama & FRiends weigh the cost of losing the House, Senate and the White House along the road toward 2024?

Is it their strategy to off the Oval Office to a Republican who will inherit DOUBLE-DIGIT 30 year fixed rate mortgages, and inflation going into orbit?

Are they banking on social media to paint the GOP as responsible for everybody's misery as they did to Donald Trump? 

DCPatriot

Yes,yes,and yes.

Obomber may be border line retarded,but his handlers aren't. They completely understand that it is better to lose an election and then have the opposition have to deal with a bloated budget you used to buy votes with,than it is to win a second term and have to carry that weight yourselves.

The Dim Party already is a in decline,or they wouldn't be so desperate to import so many poverty-stricken 3rd world aliens in to the US by offering them free housing,food,medical care,education,and cash spending money. All of which I remind you that the DIMS voted to activate,and left the Republicans holding the debt.

MUCH better to blame the economic downturn on the "now in power" Republicans for spending the money the Dims voted for,and having to take the blame for it.

ALL the Dims really have going for them is the votes of American communists,who are usually trust fund children leading welfare children. Lose them,and the Dims have no hope at all of winning any more elections.

Hell,they had to cheat to "win" the last one. Just imagine the horrors the DNC would be facing the next election cycle if Trump had gotten a second term and been able to get his own budget passed.

With any luck at all,they won't be able to get away with that this time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It’s going to get ugly for a lot of people out there. Especially people on fixed incomes and young people who are just starting out

@LMAO

The ONLY way the alleged Democratic Party can hope to survive is by destroying the economy to the point where the majority of the voters are dependent on them for food,housing,clothing,healthcare, and jobs,

Offline libertybele

Speculation

And I made no such “definition.”  The fact is most voters do not attend political rallies

Well, first of all, you can only fit so many people in an arena depending on the size of the arena and number of seats. The fact still remains that Trump drew record crowds during his rallies; more than any other president in the history of our country. Trump also gave more rallies than any other president in history. When you have people waiting days to get into a rally and people sitting outside of an arena because they can't get in to see him and stay just to listen to him, I think speaks volumes.

I've attended two rallies in my lifetime because they were local and because they were outside.  Neither rally came even close to drawing the thousands of people at a Trump rally.

During his 2016 campaign, a total of 323 rallies were held: 186 for the primary season and 137 for the general election with total people attendance of around 1.4M+ (790K+ during primary elections and 650K+ for the general elections).

1.4 million + attended his rallies.  That's nothing to sneeze at, and it doesn't take in account for the rallies held after he took office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rallies_for_the_2016_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:04:34 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@LMAO

I'm hoping that 4 years of Donald Trump has shown sufficient numbers of voters in their 20's and 30's just starting families and careers that economic prosperity lies with Republicans, while it's noting but misery under Democrats.

That's what Ronald Reagan did for you and me, wasn't it? 

I guess the key will be who his vice-president will be, because he only has 1 term remaining.

DCPatriot

I am in complete agreement with that. NO new President can turn an economy around in just one term because he spends his whole first term dealing with the budget he was handed when he walked into the WH.

I don't have the first clue who Trump will pick for his running mate,but I hope it is somebody better than the nutless weasel he picked last time. The one thing American does NOT need again is a "get along to go along" VP or President.

We either get it right the next two elections,or America and the ideas that created her will disappear forever as we disappear into a Global Borg with a name something like "World Wide Government,Inc".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SO WHAT?

@roamer_1

You ever heard the terms "Stagnation" and "Inflation" in reference to the economy?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lol….

Speaking of true believers.

You won’t “waste your time” because you have nothing. Why don’t you tell me where I’m wrong?

@LMAO

Because you are a fool when it comes to this issue,and arguing with fools is a waste of time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Yeah. NEITHER.

@roamer_1

Yeah,THERE is a thoughtful decision! You get to blame everybody but you for what happens.