Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 4954 times)

Online roamer_1

@LMAO

I'm hoping that 4 years of Donald Trump has shown sufficient numbers of voters in their 20's and 30's just starting families and careers that economic prosperity lies with Republicans, while it's noting but misery under Democrats.

That's what Ronald Reagan did for you and me, wasn't it? 

I guess the key will be who his vice-president will be, because he only has 1 term remaining.

There was a whole lot more bounce in the dollar when Reagan used that bounce to buy his way out of Carter's malaise. I don't think that bounce is there anymore.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And it is certainly amazing that the current president can be blamed for every damn thing that is going on, including the inflation and including masks and vaccines... And the wholle economy is Buydem's fault on several articles right here right now...

But nobody can blame Tumpy for anything. None of it was his fault. Ever.
His presidency cannot be blamed the fault ALWAYS lies elsewhere.

Bullcrap. Just like he gets credit for causing the boom in his years, he also gets credit for the bust.
Suck it up.

Take off your orange colored glasses.

What are you faulting President Trump for @roamer_1   Your post is too vague and emotional for a legitimate debate --- unless this is the point.

Online roamer_1

What are you faulting President Trump for @roamer_1   Your post is too vague and emotional for a legitimate debate --- unless this is the point.

Fault? The major fault is ENORMOUS spending.
That all y'all are not apoplectic with anger about it boggles the mind.

That all y'all are rooting for MORE is beyond all reason.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The misery is from overspending and the inflation from it.
That overspending is not going to be fixed with magic bananas.

No shit, Sherlock!

Given the 24/7 adversarial media, Pres. Trump was in no position to veto the stimulus packages during his term.

He was as responsible for the current situation as you are for not voting for "Tumpy" in 2020.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

The only point he has here is on the top of his head.

Since he didn't vote for POTUS Trump, he should use the scroll bar.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

No shit, Sherlock!

Given the 24/7 adversarial media, Pres. Trump was in no position to veto the stimulus packages during his term.

He was as responsible for the current situation as you are for not voting for "Tumpy" in 2020.

@DCPatriot

LOL! Well that's bullcrap. Tumpy has NEVER been known to be thrifty. He's a big spender! It's what he does!

And he signed every single one of those porkulus bills. That is just a fact. The deal maker made deals and signed off. Again, that's what he does.

But let's just say you are correct... What has changed between then and now? Vote him back in and you will get exactly more of the same.

Same chickensh*t Republicans. Same Moderates in control. Same MurderTurdle and McCarthy. Same crazy, out of control liberals controlling the Democrats...

You will get exactly the same results. Same swaggering, ineffective, rule-by-EO as the last time. They will box him in and do exactly the same thing.

All you will do is waste more time. And way more money.

Online roamer_1

The only point he has here is on the top of his head.

Since he didn't vote for POTUS Trump, he should use the scroll bar.

That is absurd.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Examples? Can you point out where I’m wrong?

@LMAO

To a "True Believer" like you? Not even going to waste my time trying. Go ahead and vote for Biden and be done with it,but at least be honest enough to admit that is what you are going to do.

Or if/when Biden is forced into the State Farm for Fools,Harris or whoever his replacement is.

Because it IS going to be either the Dim candidate or Trump,and you seem to have made it plain who you favor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

That is absurd.

@roamer_1   luv ya, buddy

"Absurd"??  ABSURD??   :laugh:

I want you to 'picture' Lt. Kaffee in A FEW GOOD MEN while Colonel Jessup, where he says:

"Colonel...NO!  You said!  You said....I can have the court read it back to you...."     happy77

"Not my circus!  Not my monkey!"

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

To a "True Believer" like you? Not even going to waste my time trying. Go ahead and vote for Biden and be done with it,but at least be honest enough to admit that is what you are going to do.

Or if/when Biden is forced into the State Farm for Fools,Harris or whoever his replacement is.

Because it IS going to be either the Dim candidate or Trump,and you seem to have made it plain who you favor.

Lol….

Speaking of true believers.

You won’t “waste your time” because you have nothing. Why don’t you tell me where I’m wrong?

Donald Trump was an unpopular president. We can debate the reasons why that was the case, but the fact is, outside of his base, he was unpopular. And running a former unpopular president against a current unpopular president is a risky strategy. It’s a possibility that things may get so bad that he may beat Biden in 2024. But I don’t see a historical precedent for what people like you are advocating

Last time. Show me where you think I’m wrong. And try to do it without wild claims that I’m a true believer, whatever that means, or that I support Joe Biden.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1   luv ya, buddy

"Absurd"??  ABSURD??   :laugh:

I want you to 'picture' Lt. Kaffee in A FEW GOOD MEN while Colonel Jessup, where he says:

"Colonel...NO!  You said!  You said....I can have the court read it back to you...."     happy77

"Not my circus!  Not my monkey!"

@DCPatriot

That's right. It is not my circus and not my monkey.

AND I WAS RIGHT.

And that does not mean I have to shut up. In fact it is the other way around.  :tongue2:

Luv ya back.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lol….

Speaking of true believers.

You won’t “waste your time” because you have nothing.
Why don’t you tell me where I’m wrong?

@lamo

Because there are only 24 hours in a day,and I have other things to do.

Online roamer_1

@sneakypete

Yeah. NEITHER.

Offline LMAO

Many of the same folks who go bananas over the deficit and debt under Biden are dismissive or excusing those under Donald Trump

And when you point out the lack of any fiscal restraint under Donald Trump, they accuse you of being a Biden supporter. I feel your pain. Because I get the same treatment
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

Many of the same folks who go bananas over the deficit and debt under Biden are dismissive or excusing those under Donald Trump

And when you point out the lack of any fiscal restraint under Donald Trump, they accuse you of being a Biden supporter. I feel your pain. Because I get the same treatment

They should just admit they love big government just as much as the liberals do. They just think they do it better. That's the only reason I can see for it.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

@lamo

Because there are only 24 hours in a day,and I have other things to do.

Well it’s not like I really thought you would have any  substantive counterpoints
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:08:18 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

They should just admit they love big government just as much as the liberals do. They just think they do it better. That's the only reason I can see for it.  :shrug:

I’ve had the link to the debt clock since I’ve been on this site. I think that that is the most pressing issue facing this country. And it’s going to be the most difficult to deal with.

For the second time in this country‘s history, the GDP ratio is over 100%. The first time was after World War II. But that was pretty much all war spending. This time, it’s a budget packed with different welfare programs and entitlements.

I believe that we will see a further decline in the standard of living of Americans as a result. No longer can we keep this  going. And no, it is not caused by Vladimir Putin

This is why conservatives push for reducing the federal government and fiscal restraint. What we need is a 1994 Republican Congress.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:13:00 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Are you REALLY so clueless that you can't see that ALL Presidents inherit the bills the previous president left unpaid,as well as the promises that President made?

Trump  inherited an existing massive debt as well as a legal obligation to spend more that had been budgeted but not yet spent.

He was NOT a dictator. He couldn't step into office and just arbitrarily  say,"I will pay this,but I will not pay for THAT!" Congress creates the budget,and the only way a new President can reduce inflation is by being a conservative,and being lucky enough to have conservatives take over control of the budget.

The way this usually works in the real world is the first 2 years of a new presidency,the new president is trying to deal with the basket of financial and political snakes he inherited,and IF he is lucky,having his party take control over congress and spending.

Even then there will be bills that have already been passed and funded,and that money WILL be spent.

The sad,sad,truth is no new President can turn things around in one term. Most have a tough time doing it that get a second term with congress in control of their party because many budget items tend to be long-term commitments,like highways,bridges,etc,etc,etc. What is he going to do,stop the spending and leave the new highways and bridges only half-way completed? How much flack from the media and the voters do you think he would take if he did THAT?

Trump is the only President we have ever had that doesn't give a flip what anyone thinks about him. His prime concern seems to be how he and his terms are going to be written about in the history books. Did he change things for the better,or did he just cruise though while trying to not make waves and have everybody love him?

The key thing I am worried about here is his selection for Vice-President because Trump is only going to get one term,and the economy is such a huge problem that nobody can fix it in 4 short years. Trump might be able to get things going,but it's going to be whoever his VP is that will MAYBE get a chance to take the ball over the finish line.

Or at least get so close that voters will be able to see a light in the darkness,and be encouraged to vote for a conservative again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well it’s not like I really thought you would have any  substantive counterpoints

@LMAO

What is more important is that I don't care what you think.

Online DCPatriot

@LMAO

Are you REALLY so clueless that you can't see that ALL Presidents inherit the bills the previous president left unpaid,as well as the promises that President made?

Trump  inherited an existing massive debt as well as a legal obligation to spend more that had been budgeted but not yet spent.

He was NOT a dictator. He couldn't step into office and just arbitrarily  say,"I will pay this,but I will not pay for THAT!" Congress creates the budget,and the only way a new President can reduce inflation is by being a conservative,and being lucky enough to have conservatives take over control of the budget.

The way this usually works in the real world is the first 2 years of a new presidency,the new president is trying to deal with the basket of financial and political snakes he inherited,and IF he is lucky,having his party take control over congress and spending.

Even then there will be bills that have already been passed and funded,and that money WILL be spent.

The sad,sad,truth is no new President can turn things around in one term. Most have a tough time doing it that get a second term with congress in control of their party because many budget items tend to be long-term commitments,like highways,bridges,etc,etc,etc. What is he going to do,stop the spending and leave the new highways and bridges only half-way completed? How much flack from the media and the voters do you think he would take if he did THAT?

Trump is the only President we have ever had that doesn't give a flip what anyone thinks about him. His prime concern seems to be how he and his terms are going to be written about in the history books. Did he change things for the better,or did he just cruise though while trying to not make waves and have everybody love him?

The key thing I am worried about here is his selection for Vice-President because Trump is only going to get one term,and the economy is such a huge problem that nobody can fix it in 4 short years. Trump might be able to get things going,but it's going to be whoever his VP is that will MAYBE get a chance to take the ball over the finish line.

Or at least get so close that voters will be able to see a light in the darkness,and be encouraged to vote for a conservative again.

Exactly right, @sneakypete

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

More excuses. Which is why I fully expect the standard of living of middle-class Americans to decline until finally there’s a major correction

I only pray that it’s not while a republican president is in office
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:31:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who's the 'all y'all' rooting for more spending?  Certainly not anyone in Brieferville.

Who's more responsible for "ENORMOUS" spending ..... Congress or a President with a veto-proof legislative branch?

I'll say it again:   If you really want to control spending, focus on the ones who write the bills, not the one under whom they become law.

The work to give Trump an America First congressional majority in his second term begins in 2022.   You need to get busy.

Offline LMAO

Who's the 'all y'all' rooting for more spending?  Certainly not anyone in Brieferville.

Who's more responsible for "ENORMOUS" spending ..... Congress or a President with a veto-proof legislative branch?

I'll say it again:   If you really want to control spending, focus on the ones who write the bills, not the one under whom they become law.

The work to give Trump an America First congressional majority in his second term begins in 2022.   You need to get busy.

This is true

You could have the most fiscally conservative president and it won’t matter much if we have a Congress full of big spenders

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

@LMAO

Good post @sneakypete   I believe you are absolutely correct.

Trump on the onset changed for the better and changed the direction of our country and put us on a much better course. There is no denying under his leadership we became energy independent, experienced the lowest unemployment in history, we were once again revered around the globe and he was making progress on the wall and illegal immigration.

He was far from a dictator, and was a true leader who wasn't afraid to display patriotism.  He not only inherited O'bammy's debt but had to further sink us into debt because of COVID. He displayed incredible leadership and left it up to the states to re-open, etc.

Obviously his selection of people such as Barr, Sessions, Kushner, etc., weren't the best.  He indeed needs to select a very competent, conservative and strong minded VP.  IMO only a few people fit that criteria right now; DeSantis, Cruz, Pompeo or Noem. 

At this time, Trump hasn't even announced if he is running in '24.

The mid terms will reveal the mindset of the country and also IF the DEMS are able to again undermine a fair election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

I’ve had the link to the debt clock since I’ve been on this site. I think that that is the most pressing issue facing this country. And it’s going to be the most difficult to deal with.

For the second time in this country‘s history, the GDP ratio is over 100%. The first time was after World War II. But that was pretty much all war spending. This time, it’s a budget packed with different welfare programs and entitlements.

I believe that we will see a further decline in the standard of living of Americans as a result. No longer can we keep this  going. And no, it is not caused by Vladimir Putin

This is why conservatives push for reducing the federal government and fiscal restraint. What we need is a 1994 Republican Congress.

I am a Reagan era Principled Conservative. I tend toward a well rounded approach, but I also understand those principles to be interwoven - Without all, you will have none. Philosophically, that's just a fact.

The debt, and the spending (relates to size, relates to coercive power) are so far beyond merely egregious that it has become the primary point to me as well.

I am happy with states that have curtailed abortion recently - But it will amount to nothing if the fed continues toward the erosion of states rights... And that is directly attributable to all that money (==power). A good example of how all conservative principles intertwine.

I don't know if we can bounce back out of this one. It could already be too late. The dollar is stretched too far. And we are using it like a trampoline jumping from the tenth story.

The ONLY way forward is with fiscal conservatism leading the charge with libertarianism on its heels. All the rest require that to come into balance first, or they simply cannot be secured...

And YES! Contract with America! You bet. I have often said that what is most needed is a Congress jealous of its powers. All this populist fawning over presidents like super heroes is not only embarrassing, but nearly completely useless.

We need a bad ass Congress. And we need a Tom Delay. The president is almost an incidental rubber stamp.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:35:01 pm by roamer_1 »