Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 4967 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2022, 10:02:51 pm »
@libertybele   @roamer_1

You two will never understand because for you,"It's all about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

So you want gov't to continue to expand, higher taxes, getting involved in wars that we have no business in and blossoming inflation?  Sorry, WE (including you) deserve better as well as our children and grand children.

WE the People of the States are the government and those in DC are supposed to be working for us, not the other way around.

Truth IS forever, and there is no greater truth than that man MUST be free.  Right now our freedoms are being trampled on.  The choice is ours; either continue down this rickety path (and we are headed for ruin) or head in a more positive direction.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:14:34 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2022, 10:10:59 pm »
So you want gov't to continue to expand, higher taxes, getting involved in wars that we have no business in and blossoming inflation?  Sorry, WE (including you) deserve better as well as our children and grand children.

WE the People of the States are the government and those in DC are supposed to be working for us, not the other way around.

Truth IS forever, and there is no greater truth than that man MUST be free.  Right now are freedoms are being trampled on.  The choice is ours; either continue down this rickety path (and we are headed for ruin) or head in a more positive direction.

pointing-up BRAVA!  :yowsa:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2022, 10:16:31 pm »
The visceral response by a couple here to any idea of cutting spending or even having a President use the VETO power is why this is going to be very hard to fix

Nobody wants to give up “their” spending. Now imagine that fight being played out in Congress

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:20:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2022, 10:19:46 pm »
An excerpt from Dr. Ron Paul's book --

"This Much Is True:
You Have Been Lied To.

The government is expanding.
Taxes are increasing.
More senseless wars are being planned.
Inflation is ballooning.
Our basic freedoms are disappearing."

He wrote his book back in 2008.  Fourteen years ago he was warning us and few have listened.

He continues to be correct and the problems are worse and not a one of the issues that he touches upon has been resolved.

I wrote Ron Paul’s name for president in the 2008 election.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2022, 10:23:36 pm »
The visceral response by a couple here to any idea of cutting spending or even having a President use the VETO power is why this is going to be very hard to fix

Nobody wants to give up “their” spending. Now imagine that being played out in Congress

And why I am so adamant in raising the alarm, and guarding the principle(s)...  ALL of THEM.
The astonishing thing is that these who call themselves conservatives, would treat such things with nonchalance - to get to some supposed victory over the Democrats.

When in reality, how that is being achieved is by lowering standards to the level of Democrats.

Never wrestle with a pig...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2022, 10:25:20 pm »

Couldn't take his foreign policy. But I respect him greatly. As a rule, he ain't wrong.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2022, 10:28:19 pm »
Couldn't take his foreign policy. But I respect him greatly. As a rule, he ain't wrong.

I used to think the same things about his foreign policy @roamer_1 but I'm not so sure that his foreign policy is/was that wrong considering what's happening now. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2022, 10:32:34 pm »
And why I am so adamant in raising the alarm, and guarding the principle(s)...  ALL of THEM.
The astonishing thing is that these who call themselves conservatives, would treat such things with nonchalance - to get to some supposed victory over the Democrats.

When in reality, how that is being achieved is by lowering standards to the level of Democrats.

Never wrestle with a pig...

Which is why you cannot argue with somebody who insist that we can spend like we are as long as it’s the “right” spending. They just need to be defeated

I’m not saying that we should have no federal government and I understand that we pay taxes for things like roads and bridges.  But that’s not why we’re  $30 trillion in debt and rising
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:36:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2022, 10:34:38 pm »

His speeches were awe inspiring ... "For Liberty".   Had he won, I believe our world would be in a much better place. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2022, 10:37:03 pm »
I used to think the same things about his foreign policy @roamer_1 but I'm not so sure that his foreign policy is/was that wrong considering what's happening now.

Reagan Conservatism alters Goldwater wrt military footing and foreign policy...

I can see eye to eye with libertarians but for two things:

To the extent that our presence around the world enables our ability to react, I am for it.

I am generally against foreign entanglement. But if we become embroiled in a foreign war (even if they call it a police action) I am ALL FOR the military at that point. I will guard their oath, and I will be FOR giving them every single thing to go at it with all four feet... To include my loyalty and gratefulness.

That is a distinct difference from Paul, though nearly the only one of consequence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2022, 10:46:18 pm »
Which is why you cannot argue with somebody who insist that we can spend like we are as long as it’s the “right” spending. They just need to be defeated

I’m not saying that we should have no federal government and I understand that we pay taxes for things like roads and bridges.  But that’s not why we’re  $30 trillion in debt and rising

Where is the operational line for you? I mean, in my business(es) I was pretty proud of the fact that my office cost 2% of gross receipts (after material costs)... I realize that is asking a bit much, considering military commitments particularly, as an example... But surely our governmental expenses cannot continue to cost as much as we make.

But where is the healthy line? Half of this? A quarter? I'm a hard ass I guess... I see 10 or 15 percent of GNP being too much.

Even to get back to half is going to be a chore. And I am sure half is still way too much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2022, 12:39:29 am »
The left uses the same argument. Because you don’t want the federal government to grow you're selfish. I have a very left-wing brother and sister-in-law that uses the same arguments that SP does.

We’re finding out that populism doesn’t necessarily mean limited federal government. As we see from SP‘s posts, it’s a belief that more spending and a growing federal government will work if people like him we’re running it. 

@LMAO

You are more full of Bush than a Christmas goose.

With loons like you,it is ALWAYS everything or nothing. I know this is hard for you to believe,but you are NOT the only one in the world,or even the most important person living.

We live in what is SUPPOSED to be a free nation. This means the government exists to control everything that has to do with economics AT THE GOVERNMENT level.

People,as well as states and nations,need different things at different times. Our elected officials are elected to sort through those needs and determine "Who needs what,and when do they need it?"

For example,little things like food,water,highways,bridges,public transportation,public schools,police departments,prisons,etc,etc,etc.

YOU may not like paying the taxes to help fund any of this because you can't find anything in the federal or state budget that directly services YOUR needs,but guess what,Bubba? The world,and even the nation ain't about YOU.

It is about US as individuals and members of society.

AND the money to pay for it all HAS to come from somewhere. Unless you are one of those clueless fools who believes in anarchy,you SHOULD be able to understand this.

You are not a child,so should also be able understand that in a country of 330 MILLION people,there IS money going to be spent on things and people you do not approve of.

No matter WHAT your mama told you when you were a "very special little child",the world does NOT exist solely to please you.

Suck it up and deal with it in a rational manner instead of living by slogans,like some teenage communist wannabe living in his parents garage.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2022, 12:54:36 am »
@LMAO

You are more full of Bush than a Christmas goose.

With loons like you,it is ALWAYS everything or nothing. I know this is hard for you to believe,but you are NOT the only one in the world,or even the most important person living.

We live in what is SUPPOSED to be a free nation. This means the government exists to control everything that has to do with economics AT THE GOVERNMENT level.

People,as well as states and nations,need different things at different times. Our elected officials are elected to sort through those needs and determine "Who needs what,and when do they need it?"

For example,little things like food,water,highways,bridges,public transportation,public schools,police departments,prisons,etc,etc,etc.

YOU may not like paying the taxes to help fund any of this because you can't find anything in the federal or state budget that directly services YOUR needs,but guess what,Bubba? The world,and even the nation ain't about YOU.

It is about US as individuals and members of society.

AND the money to pay for it all HAS to come from somewhere. Unless you are one of those clueless fools who believes in anarchy,you SHOULD be able to understand this.

You are not a child,so should also be able understand that in a country of 330 MILLION people,there IS money going to be spent on things and people you do not approve of.

No matter WHAT your mama told you when you were a "very special little child",the world does NOT exist solely to please you.

Suck it up and deal with it in a rational manner instead of living by slogans,like some teenage communist wannabe living in his parents garage.

It is said that the flak gets heaviest when you’re over the target

You prove my point with every response

We’re just going to  have to agree to disagree on federal spending and the  growth of the federal government along with the individual vs the State
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 02:02:16 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2022, 12:59:54 am »

That's all exactly right... What is confounding is that these folks cannot envision what could be instead - The federal government was not endowed with power over health and welfare with the exception of veterans and indians...

It is NOT an endowment,it is an OBLIGATION. WHY else does government even exist. To a limited degree,of course.

For example,no government at any level has the right or the authority to force you to eat what they want you to eat,go to bed and get up when they tell you to do either,unless,of course you  are a prisoner in a jail or a member of the US Military.

One might pose the question: How were these things handled BEFORE FDR's 'great society' became the norm?

VERY poorly. It used to be common to see starving children begging for food in the streets,or minors working labor jobs.

For example,my father had to quit school when he was around 8 years old in order to earn money to help feed his 5 brothers and sisters after his father died. He went to work as a laborer at a shipyard to help out,and didn't even know how to read or write. I PRESUME he was starting to learn when he was forced to quit school,but forgot.

My mother and her little sister were left homeless after both their parents died in the Flue Epidemic of 1918. No such thing as welfare agencies or government home for children back then. I have written about this here before,but what happened was the local KKK branch gathered up both little girls and took them to the house of a 1-legged Civil War vet that was too crippled up to properly take care of himself,and called the old man out into the yard and TOLD him "Old man,we know you are crippled up and can't properly take care of yourself,so we are dropping off these two little girls to cook,clean,do laundry and all the other things that need to be done,and in return,you will buy them proper clothes and proper food for little girls,and send them to school every day."

My mother told me this lasted for a short time,and and when it stopped happening,the KKK showed up again,called the old man out into the yard,and told him "Old man,we hear you haven't been sending those little girls to school,or buying food and clothing appropriate for little girls. That stops NOW! If we ever hear of that happening again,we will come back,tie you to that weeping willow in the yard,and I will beat you with my horsewhip until my arm gets tired.",and left.

She told me they never had a minute of trouble with that old man after that.

He died when she was 13,so she married a WW-1 vet eaten up with mustard gas so she and her little sister would have a place to stay. She divorced him when she was older,and went to court and got custody of, and eventually adopted  the daughter he had with another woman. She married the man I called my father a few years later,and I even remember us visiting the WW-1 vet when I was a small child.

THIS is the world we all lived in before America had any social programs,and the world people like YOU would have us all living in again if you could.

BTW,I bought the land a couple of decades ago that had belonged to the Civil War vet,and that weeping willow tree was still standing at the time. I am sitting  maybe 40 feet away from where it was as I type this.

And in that, perhaps they could realize that better options exist that would be cheaper and of more benefit to the end user.

Like what,jumping up and clicking your heels together while chanting "I wish,I wish,I wish"?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2022, 01:30:11 am »
It is NOT an endowment,it is an OBLIGATION. WHY else does government even exist. To a limited degree,of course.

@sneakypete
To guard our rights. That is its SOLE purpose. And that, LIMITED by the Constitution... Literally.

For example,no government at any level has the right or the authority to force you to eat what they want you to eat,go to bed and get up when they tell you to do either,unless,of course you  are a prisoner in a jail or a member of the US Military.

Wanna bet? That precedent has already been set according to the restrictions imposed during covid. That actual battle is ongoing in the courts. If the courts find the US Government can impose a vaccine on you, there is no end to the impositions that will be hung on that precedent.

VERY poorly. It used to be common to see starving children begging for food in the streets,or minors working labor jobs.

So you are all for big government. Gotcha.

Like what,jumping up and clicking your heels together while chanting "I wish,I wish,I wish"?

Like health and welfare delegated to the states and charities where it belongs. Where it is far closer to the control of voters, and where I will guarantee the cost will be a tenth of what it costs now. Not to mention medical costs falling tremendously once insurance regulation and insurance monoplies are not owned by public/private corporations.

'I wish, I wish' BEGINS where the math actually works - You cannot have a government that costs more than the nation makes and has borrowed thirty trillion to boot. It is actually you that is wishing. And what you think is there is going to crash and burn - It has to.

Sooner or later the math will win. And you sure as hell ain't gonna like where that lands us all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2022, 01:53:09 am »
@sneakypete
To guard our rights. That is its SOLE purpose. And that, LIMITED by the Constitution... Literally.

@roamer_1

You really are a self-centered clueless fool,aren't you?

"It's all about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2022, 01:58:15 am »
@roamer_1

You really are a self-centered clueless fool,aren't you?

"It's all about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

@sneakypete

Not at all. What I am is a Conservative. And I am standing on solid Conservative bedrock.

I am not the one demanding a government that costs more than we make and has borrowed thirty trillion besides. That pipe dream is for clueless fools.

As I have said all along. The math WILL win. And all you think you want will become Venezuela. That's not a prediction. That's a bare fact.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2022, 03:31:03 am »
roamy1:
Who the hell said ANYTHING about disbanding the Republican Party?

roamy1:
NOPE. Not interested in big-government Republicans. I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation, and leave the damn Republicans in the corner with the Dunce cap on.

christian:
Odd how you repeatedly refuse to remember what you openly said.  You have said much like it before that, do you have the clintons amnesia?  Let the democrats takeover, and shove the Republicans out of the picture.  That's a one party rule the Communists and democrats strive for, seems like that's been mentioned before!  Of course there are others playing that amnesia /denial game too.

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2022, 03:43:11 am »
roamy1:
NOPE. Not interested in big-government Republicans. I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation, and leave the damn Republicans in the corner with the Dunce cap on.

christian:
Odd how you repeatedly refuse to remember what you openly said.  You have said much like it before that, do you have the clintons amnesia?  Let the democrats takeover, and shove the Republicans out of the picture.  That's a one party rule the Communists and democrats strive for, seems like that's been mentioned before!  Of course there are others playing that amnesia /denial game too.

First of all as always: provide the damn link to the words so folks can see them in context. That you so steadfastly refuse after multiple corrections shows that you are afraid of the context with which they were delivered.

Secondly, in the inverse, you must be just fine with Republicans spending us into annihilation. Because that is the point. If you want big government so badly, then go vote democrat. Big government has no business on the right, and I will never support it.

BOTH SIDES are spending us into oblivion. And I will never be part of that.

And NONE of that has jack sh*t to do with disbanding the Republican party. which was your accusation. How many damn times have I told you to worry about your own house?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:47:03 am by roamer_1 »