Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 4948 times)

Offline roamer_1

christian:
All that glitters is not gold, so be 'fair' and equal, give democrats a pass, and blame Trump, its what any democrat could agree to as 'fair'.
Its too easy to point and accuse unless you give democrats a pass, and blame Trump.....uh yeah ,got that, don't wear it out.  I notice how 'equal' and 'fair, as usual, makes Trump a solitary pizzing post, unless spread to accusing and pointing at Republicans too..  Some even saw what happens when that is applied the last Presidential election!
 :smokin: :2popcorn: :smokin:

Bullshit. Show me where I have ever given Democrats a pass - And this time provide the actual link to my text.

A pox on ALL of them Democrat, Republican AND Buydem and Tumpy. I have no use at all for big.gov, no matter who is running it.

Nor do I give a single shit about democrat vs republican wars that do nothing *at all* to change a damn thing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 03:45:12 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

The biggest killer on the planet is now abortion. Republicans let that happen.

Damn well fight for a change. FOR REAL.

Offline roamer_1

And it is certainly amazing that the current president can be blamed for every damn thing that is going on, including the inflation and including masks and vaccines... And the wholle economy is Buydem's fault on several articles right here right now...

But nobody can blame Tumpy for anything. None of it was his fault. Ever.
His presidency cannot be blamed the fault ALWAYS lies elsewhere.

Bullcrap. Just like he gets credit for causing the boom in his years, he also gets credit for the bust.
Suck it up.

Take off your orange colored glasses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

“Sigh”

Do you have something else besides this worn out talking point? You repeating this talking point every time you read something that’s uncomfortable for you is really getting tiresome

Nominating a former president who had a lower job approval rating than the current one would be one of the dumbest ideas I think I’ve heard in a while. And no, that does not mean I support George W. Bush or Mitt Romney running again.

@LMAO

The truth is often uncomfortable for unstable people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

It’s part of our human nature to protect ourselves from anything that disrupts our comfort both physically and emotionally.  Some have convinced themselves that Donald Trump was popular with the general public and anything that shows  the opposite is quickly denounced. I noticed this first with Obama supporters. They were convinced that the American public supported Obama. But the facts showed otherwise. He lost two midterm elections, He lost 3 to 4 million votes in 2012 from his 2008 tally, and his average approval rating throughout his tenure, according to Gallup, average out lower than GWB’s

Trump supporters do the same thing. Donald Trump was the first president who never had the so called”Honeymoon Period,” his job approval rating never got to 50%, he lost Congress in the 2018 midterms, and he started out his presidency with some of the highest negatives of any president I can recall my lifetime.

His supporters like to point out the size of his rallies as evidence that none of this is true. But most voters do not attend political rallies. Now they want to nominate a guy who was probably the most unpopular president, according the polls, to run against a near equally unpopular president.

Nominate Donald Trump in 2024 and Biden’s  reelection chances go up. And don’t assume that things will get so bad that people will just pull that lever for Trump.

Like I’ve said, it would be like renominating Gerald Ford in 1980

I know this post is gonna get an emotional backlash from some. But instead of making me the issue, point out where I’m wrong.

Truth can be very uncomfortable. But that doesn’t mean it goes away because people don’t like it and you have to deal with realities and not what one wishes things to be
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:15:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

And it is certainly amazing that the current president can be blamed for every damn thing that is going on, including the inflation and including masks and vaccines... And the wholle economy is Buydem's fault on several articles right here right now...

But nobody can blame Tumpy for anything. None of it was his fault. Ever.
His presidency cannot be blamed the fault ALWAYS lies elsewhere.

Bullcrap. Just like he gets credit for causing the boom in his years, he also gets credit for the bust.
Suck it up.

Take off your orange colored glasses.

Blind, unquestioning loyalty
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@LMAO

The truth is often uncomfortable for unstable people.

Examples? Can you point out where I’m wrong?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116584/presidential-approval-ratings-bill-clinton.aspx
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/Ronald-Reagan-From-Peoples-Perspective-Gallup-Poll-Review.aspx
Includes the following:
"Who do you regard as the greatest United States president?"

"Thinking about the U.S. presidents we have had since World War II -- Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, and Clinton -- which one would you consider the greatest president?"

https://news.gallup.com/poll/329384/presidential-approval-ratings-joe-biden.aspx

Includes:
"Joe Biden's Job Approval by Party Identification"

:shrug: How can it be this high??  :shrug:

Offline yodaspock

What is amazing to me is the title here, how is it possible for Biden to have the second lowest and the not the worst ever approval rating?

Online LMAO

What is amazing to me is the title here, how is it possible for Biden to have the second lowest and the not the worst ever approval rating?

If things continue as they are he may pass Trump

The reason that his average job approval rating remains higher than Trump’s, at least for the time being, is because he did have a point in his presidency were his job approval rating was over 50%. Trump never had that
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:06:21 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Penultimate President!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh that's right... Except it is the excess printed money more than any other thing. Low (almost nonexistent) interest and abundance in printing reached its zenith... or tipping point... and all this time later failsafes are finally starting to kick in... The rising interest rate will continue. as will the inflation. which will win is undetermined.

But it is far too easy to point and accuse, when really there is a collusion between the two sides. None of this is by accident. ALL of it is on purpose, and there are few angels in power or position.

The us vs them mentality needs desperately to be redefined. Us vs them is not democrat vs republican. Us vs them is Conservatives vs the rest.

Democrat vs Republican is a cruel charade.

In that I agree fully.  Both sides of the aisle have been scamming their employers for far too long.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

It’s part of our human nature to protect ourselves from anything that disrupts our comfort both physically and emotionally.  Some have convinced themselves that Donald Trump was popular with the general public and anything that shows  the opposite is quickly denounced. I noticed this first with Obama supporters. They were convinced that the American public supported Obama. But the facts showed otherwise. He lost two midterm elections, He lost 3 to 4 million votes in 2012 from his 2008 tally, and his average approval rating throughout his tenure, according to Gallup, average out lower than GWB’s

Trump supporters do the same thing. Donald Trump was the first president who never had the so called”Honeymoon Period,” his job approval rating never got to 50%, he lost Congress in the 2018 midterms, and he started out his presidency with some of the highest negatives of any president I can recall my lifetime.

His supporters like to point out the size of his rallies as evidence that none of this is true. But most voters do not attend political rallies. Now they want to nominate a guy who was probably the most unpopular president, according the polls, to run against a near equally unpopular president.

Nominate Donald Trump in 2024 and Biden’s  reelection chances go up. And don’t assume that things will get so bad that people will just pull that lever for Trump.

Like I’ve said, it would be like renominating Gerald Ford in 1980

I know this post is gonna get an emotional backlash from some. But instead of making me the issue, point out where I’m wrong.

Truth can be very uncomfortable. But that doesn’t mean it goes away because people don’t like it and you have to deal with realities and not what one wishes things to be
No emotional backlash, just a map.

Popularity depends on who you ask, and where they are will predictably determine that result. The MSM was determined to make Trump look as bad as they could, and I have little doubt that the polls cited could have been doctored, simply through selective 'sampling' by something so simple as region/state/zip code.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

No emotional backlash, just a map.

Popularity depends on who you ask, and where they are will predictably determine that result. The MSM was determined to make Trump look as bad as they could, and I have little doubt that the polls cited could have been doctored, simply through selective 'sampling' by something so simple as region/state/zip code.

I’m not dismissing anything you’re saying. But if we tell ourselves that any negative polls regarding Donald Trump are not true or manipulate by the media, then what’s the explanation for Joe Biden’s dismal approval rating? I agree that the media coverage Joe Biden is getting is more positive than that of Donald Trump. But that doesn’t seem to be helping his job approval rating

I believe the job approval polls are real. There may be some variations but for the most part I believe their accuracy.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

Oh that's right... Except it is the excess printed money more than any other thing. Low (almost nonexistent) interest and abundance in printing reached its zenith... or tipping point... and all this time later failsafes are finally starting to kick in... The rising interest rate will continue. as will the inflation. which will win is undetermined.

But it is far too easy to point and accuse, when really there is a collusion between the two sides. None of this is by accident. ALL of it is on purpose, and there are few angels in power or position.

The us vs them mentality needs desperately to be redefined. Us vs them is not democrat vs republican. Us vs them is Conservatives vs the rest.

Democrat vs Republican is a cruel charade.

@roamer_1

Did Obama & FRiends weigh the cost of losing the House, Senate and the White House along the road toward 2024?

Is it their strategy to off the Oval Office to a Republican who will inherit DOUBLE-DIGIT 30 year fixed rate mortgages, and inflation going into orbit?

Are they banking on social media to paint the GOP as responsible for everybody's misery as they did to Donald Trump? 

Because if Donald Trump takes the Oath on 1/20/25, it's not going to be the same 'America' it was in 2016.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Driving yesterday, I found myself in the ritziest neighborhoods in Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac and NW D.C..

Home after home after home...we're talking $2 to $5 MILLION.  In the driveways are Tesla's, Beemers and Land Rovers.

When I got into real estate back in 1978, fixed rates were 12.875% and there wasn't a single $1M listing in the MLS in Maryland.
Now, a simple detached single family in D.C. is $1M

But worse than that, the price of automobiles has doubled.  With necessary auto loan rates skyrocketing, nobody will be able to purchase them outright.  It's "LEND-LEASE" or nothing.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

Driving yesterday, I found myself in the ritziest neighborhoods in Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac and NW D.C..

Home after home after home...we're talking $2 to $5 MILLION.  In the driveways are Tesla's, Beemers and Land Rovers.

When I got into real estate back in 1978, fixed rates were 12.875% and there wasn't a single $1M listing in the MLS in Maryland.

But worse than that, the price of automobiles has doubled.  With necessary auto loan rates skyrocketing, nobody will be able to purchase them outright.  It's "LEND-LEASE" or nothing.

It’s going to get ugly for a lot of people out there. Especially people on fixed incomes and young people who are just starting out

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

Speaking of the media, what would Biden‘s approval rating be if he got Trump’s media coverage?

The fact that Joe Biden has the second lowest approval rating at this point in his presidency than any other president since 1950 except for Donald Trump even with glowing media coverage tells me that the American public really sees how bad things are and maybe things are worse for most people than we even realize

I cannot guarantee that the next president is gonna fix any of this. But I can guarantee that this misery is going to continue as long as these people are in the White House
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 02:05:33 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

It’s going to get ugly for a lot of people out there. Especially people on fixed incomes and young people who are just starting out

@LMAO

I'm hoping that 4 years of Donald Trump has shown sufficient numbers of voters in their 20's and 30's just starting families and careers that economic prosperity lies with Republicans, while it's noting but misery under Democrats.

That's what Ronald Reagan did for you and me, wasn't it? 

I guess the key will be who his vice-president will be, because he only has 1 term remaining. 

Offline Smokin Joe

I’m not dismissing anything you’re saying. But if we tell ourselves that any negative polls regarding Donald Trump are not true or manipulate by the media, then what’s the explanation for Joe Biden’s dismal approval rating? I agree that the media coverage Joe Biden is getting is more positive than that of Donald Trump. But that doesn’t seem to be helping his job approval rating

I believe the job approval polls are real. There may be some variations but for the most part I believe their accuracy.
Keep in mind Trump would get approval (if it could get through Russia..etc.), for approving pipelines and low gas prices.

Not hard to poll a leftist area, after all the negative media, and get low ratings.

That same area would likely poll well for Biden.

Even the way questions are phrased makes a difference.

I do not particularly trust those polls to not have bias, but then, my county voted overwhelmingly for Trump, the people I know and talk with are fairly Conservative, and either GOP or Libertarian or independent.
It's hard to carry on rational discussions with Democrats, so I don't seek their company as mine would likely be unwelcome. Here, they are a curiosity. Lots of Trump flags, but Biden bumper stickers and yard signs (left in place to warn others) are a rarity.

That same skew is found in cities, only it generally skews toward the favor of Green New Deal and freebies, and Democrats who espouse all those handouts, and against Republicans, Conservatives, and Libertarians..

It's just too easy to bias a poll.

Most of any disapproval Trump got was based on either the Left raving about 'mean tweets' or the entirely fabricated case for impeachment.

Keep in mind, I was not a Trump fan, and did not vote for him in 2016. Despite the oil job market being reduced when we became self-sufficient, (that impacted me, personally), I voted for him in 2020, because many things he did were the right thing. COVID was his Achilles heel, and the money that got scattered around was too much, for too long, and that based on Fauci and other advisors who have been entrenched at the CDC and elsewhere for decades. The Congress had a heavy hand in that, leaving Trump between a rock and a hard place.

But, then, too, I dig, I see with my own eyes, and I'm more political than the average bear, who is just finding out how media manipulated they are.

I suppose I would be better off to keep in mind that these polls are the collective opinions of people whose opinion I might not value, really, who are likely not well informed, and who don't keep up with the issues through reliable sources with reputations for veracity.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 02:18:43 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

Keep in mind Trump would get approval (if it could get through Russia..etc.), for approving pipelines and low gas prices.

Not hard to poll a leftist area, after all the negative media, and get low ratings.

That same area would likely poll well for Biden.

Even the way questions are phrased makes a difference.

I do not particularly trust those polls to not have bias, but then, my county voted overwhelmingly for Trump, the people I know and talk with are fairly Conservative, and either GOP or Libertarian or independent.
It's hard to carry on rational discussions with Democrats, so I don't seek their company as mine would likely be unwelcome. Here, they are a curiosity. Lots of Trump flags, but Biden bumper stickers and yard signs (left in place to warn others) are a rarity.

That same skew is found in cities, only it generally skews toward the favor of Green New Deal and freebies, and Democrats who espouse all those handouts, and against Republicans, Conservatives, and Libertarians..

It's just too easy to bias a poll.

Most of any disapproval Trump got was based on either the Left raving about 'mean tweets' or the entirely fabricated case for impeachment.

Keep in mind, I was not a Trump fan, and did not vote for him in 2016. Despite the oil job market being reduced when we became self-sufficient, (that impacted me, personally), I voted for him in 2020, because many things he did were the right thing. COVID was his Achilles heel, and the money that got scattered around was too much, for too long, and that based on Fauci and other advisors who have been entrenched at the CDC and elsewhere for decades. The Congress had a heavy hand in that, leaving Trump between a rock and a hard place.

But, then, too, I dig, I see with my own eyes, and I'm more political than the average bear, who is just finding out how media manipulated they are.

I suppose I would be better off to keep in mind that these polls are the collective opinions of people whose opinion I might not value, really, who are likely not well informed, and who don't keep up with the issues through reliable sources with reputations for veracity.

I’m the opposite. I live in a district that overwhelmingly voted for both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

But our US House representative is a Republican

But I do hear what you’re saying. People around me believe that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election and that he called neo-Nazis at Charlottesville “very fine people” and showing them facts to the contrary has been proven to be an exercise in futility

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

Blind, unquestioning loyalty

Yeah. Sickening.
Reason and truth serve better.

Offline roamer_1

Polarization.

Offline roamer_1

If things continue as they are he may pass Trump

The reason that his average job approval rating remains higher than Trump’s, at least for the time being, is because he did have a point in his presidency were his job approval rating was over 50%. Trump never had that

Really the difference may be incidental... Margin of error. The interesting part is that the two latest presidents both have a lower job approval than Jimmy Carter.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Did Obama & FRiends weigh the cost of losing the House, Senate and the White House along the road toward 2024?

Is it their strategy to off the Oval Office to a Republican who will inherit DOUBLE-DIGIT 30 year fixed rate mortgages, and inflation going into orbit?

Are they banking on social media to paint the GOP as responsible for everybody's misery as they did to Donald Trump? 

Because if Donald Trump takes the Oath on 1/20/25, it's not going to be the same 'America' it was in 2016.

SO WHAT?

Offline roamer_1

@LMAO

I'm hoping that 4 years of Donald Trump has shown sufficient numbers of voters in their 20's and 30's just starting families and careers that economic prosperity lies with Republicans, while it's noting but misery under Democrats.

That's what Ronald Reagan did for you and me, wasn't it? 

I guess the key will be who his vice-president will be, because he only has 1 term remaining.

The misery is from overspending and the inflation from it.
That overspending is not going to be fixed with magic bananas.