Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 4963 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup

by Elizabeth Crisp - 04/22/22 12:23 PM ET

President Biden’s approval numbers remain stuck at near-record lows as he faces a series of setbacks, according to a new poll.

The latest Gallup survey released Friday finds that roughly 41 percent of U.S. adults approve of the job Biden is doing just over a year into office, about the same as previous surveys showing him underwater among the public.

Fifty-six percent of those surveyed in the latest poll disapprove of Biden’s job performance as president. That’s a near reversal from his approval numbers when he entered office, when 57 percent of adults surveyed said they approved of the way he was handling his job.

Gallup noted that Biden’s average approval rating for this point in his term is lower than all other predecessors going back to the 1950s, with the exception of former President Trump, who had a 39.1 percent favorability during the same period in his term.

Several post-World War II presidents in their first term even had fifth-quarter averages above 50 percent, with three — John F. Kennedy, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush — above 70 percent, according to Gallup’s data.

Biden’s approval numbers have steadily fallen since he took office in January 2021, and the latest survey tracks with other recent polls, including a Politico-Morning Consult poll from last month that found Biden’s approval at about 45 percent.

more
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3459742-biden-job-approval-second-lowest-among-presidents-since-1950s-gallup/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

"The president has set out on an aggressive travel schedule in recent days to tout achievements..."

Somehow Joe on an aggressive travel schedule isn't believable. Secondly, achievements?  What achievements?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

From the article….

Gallup noted that Biden’s average approval rating for this point in his term is lower than all other predecessors going back to the 1950s, with the exception of former President Trump, who had a 39.1 percent favorability during the same period in his term.

More evidence that nominating  Donald Trump in 2024 would be a mistake
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden's greatest achievement, so far ...
Making Afghnistan Great Again ...
... for the Taliban.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Stuff like this doesn't help.
Michael Gallas
@MichaelRGallas
Today, Joe Biden shook hands with Gaige Grosskreutz, the felon who nearly murdered Kyle Rittenhouse and lied to the police about carrying an illegal firearm:
2:22 PM · Apr 22, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

From the article….

I declare b.s.  I highly doubt Trump's approval ratings were truly lower.  Considering the continued crowds that he drew throughout his presidency that were larger than ANY president has ever drawn, something just doesn't add up other than what the MSM and the polls would have you believe.

@LMAO who do you think should be the '24 nominee?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I declare b.s.  I highly doubt Trump's approval ratings were truly lower.  Considering the continued crowds that he drew throughout his presidency that were larger than ANY president has ever drawn, something just doesn't add up other than what the MSM and the polls would have you believe.

@LMAO who do you think should be the '24 nominee?

I believe his approval rating  was low. Nominate him and it will be the best chance Biden has to win reelection. Just fact

He and Hillary Clinton had the highest negatives amongst the public than any other candidates before them. Although the crowds he attracted were big, most voters do not attend political rallies. That’s why his approval rating was low.

As for 2024, I don’t have anybody yet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:04:02 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Stuff like this doesn't help.

LOL

Where is the Easter bunny when you need him

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

I believe his approval rating  was low. Nominate him and it will be the best chance Biden has to win reelection. Just fact

He and Hillary Clinton had the highest negatives amongst the public than any other candidates before them. Although the crowds he attracted were big, most voters do not attend political rallies. That’s why his approval rating was low.

As for 2024, I don’t have anybody yet.

Just fact???  I have not seen that 'fact' as that fact has yet to be seen.

Things changed a lot over the past 4 years with Trump as president.  Energy independence.  Lowest unemployment in history, job growth, renegotiation of NAFTA and trade with China and we were once again revered around the world.

All people have to ask themselves is were they better off under Trump or under Joe. Unless you like escalating gas prices, inflation, empty shelves and illegals swarming over our borders, you'll pull the lever for Trump.

Offline LMAO

Things changed a lot over the past 4 years with Trump as president.  Energy independence.  Lowest unemployment in history, job growth, renegotiation of NAFTA and trade with China and we were once again revered around the world.

All people have to ask themselves is were they better off under Trump or under Joe. Unless you like escalating gas prices, inflation, empty shelves and illegals swarming over our borders, you'll pull the lever for Trump.

OK. What do you think Donald Trump‘s approval rating was while in office? The fact is that Donald Trump was an unpopular president. Rallies are not an accurate barometer of a president’s popularity. You have to deal with electoral realities.

Things are bad in California yet they voted to reelect Gavin Newsom. New York City is a cesspool of crime and yet they still voted to elect Democrats. Every major city cesspool in this country has been run by Democrats for decades and yet people in these cities still vote for them. That’s why hoping that things get so bad that people will just run to the arms of Donald Trump is a roll of the dice

Nominating Donald Trump in 2024 would be akin to nominating Gerald Ford in 1980.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:08:20 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People have gotten a much more informed picture of who biden really was and the massive lies, deceptions and fraud engaged in for four years of Trump in office and since.  Trump fills stadiums to over flowing,Biden maybe a public restroom, besides those working for him.  GO TRUMP!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

Careful now. This inflation run started under Tumpy. All that glitters is not gold.

Offline roamer_1

Although the crowds he attracted were big, most voters do not attend political rallies. That’s why his approval rating was low.

That's right... You might wonder how a rocker could fill a venue here in Montana... But they do. That does not mean that Montana is FOR rock and roll. Definitely Country territory.

Being able to fill venues is important toward popularity... But I don't think it is an accurate tell.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article….

Well, you have to remember that Biden gets 20 points for seeing the sun come up, and knowing what that bright thing in the sky is. Trump, on the other hand gets at least ten removed because Orange Man Bad

Seriously, Trump still got more votes than any incumbent president in History, and that didn't count the ones electronically switched and ballots burned in ditches.

Do you honestly believe that Biden, who could not get a crowd beat that? Or is beating that in polls?

But then, this might be a poll of welfare recipients.

Regardless, there will be primaries, let the chips fall where they may, just make the count honest.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL

Where is the Easter bunny when you need him
Herding Biden away from his latest faux pas.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Careful now. This inflation run started under Tumpy. All that glitters is not gold.
Yep. During COVID (a force majeure).

Biden hasn't really had that excuse, because by the time Biden was in office, it was fairly obvious that the prescriptions of Fauci and the CDC were just so much snake oil.

Biden, however, has done all in his power to drive fuel prices up, and that does more to put a JATO rocket under inflation than anything else. EVERYTHING is shipped somewhere, and fuel is involved. When fuel goes up, the price of everything else does, too.
The latest is going to be the fertilizer shortage this year, which means the real famine won't hit until next year. 

We'll see how popular Biden and his lackeys are then.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yep. During COVID (a force majeure).

Biden hasn't really had that excuse, because by the time Biden was in office, it was fairly obvious that the prescriptions of Fauci and the CDC were just so much snake oil.

Biden, however, has done all in his power to drive fuel prices up, and that does more to put a JATO rocket under inflation than anything else. EVERYTHING is shipped somewhere, and fuel is involved. When fuel goes up, the price of everything else does, too.
The latest is going to be the fertilizer shortage this year, which means the real famine won't hit until next year. 

We'll see how popular Biden and his lackeys are then.

Oh that's right... Except it is the excess printed money more than any other thing. Low (almost nonexistent) interest and abundance in printing reached its zenith... or tipping point... and all this time later failsafes are finally starting to kick in... The rising interest rate will continue. as will the inflation. which will win is undetermined.

But it is far too easy to point and accuse, when really there is a collusion between the two sides. None of this is by accident. ALL of it is on purpose, and there are few angels in power or position.

The us vs them mentality needs desperately to be redefined. Us vs them is not democrat vs republican. Us vs them is Conservatives vs the rest.

Democrat vs Republican is a cruel charade.

Offline LMAO

Oh that's right... Except it is the excess printed money more than any other thing. Low (almost nonexistent) interest and abundance in printing reached its zenith... or tipping point... and all this time later failsafes are finally starting to kick in... The rising interest rate will continue. as will the inflation. which will win is undetermined.

But it is far too easy to point and accuse, when really there is a collusion between the two sides. None of this is by accident. ALL of it is on purpose, and there are few angels in power or position.

The us vs them mentality needs desperately to be redefined. Us vs them is not democrat vs republican. Us vs them is Conservatives vs the rest.

I’m not confident that much will change after the midterms except it will at least be a buffer against much of the radical left. It’s possible that a GOP Congress, in being that buffer, could boost Biden’s re-election chances as it could force him towards the center

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

I’m not confident that much will change after the midterms except it will at least be a buffer against much of the radical left. It’s possible that a GOP Congress, in being that buffer, could boost Biden’s re-election chances as it could force him towards the center

Sure. That's what Republicans rely upon.
In doing nothing they argue that they are better than the Democrats. Buffering against the left is not battling the left. So the left makes leaps and bounds when in power, and smaller gains (but gains none the less) out of power, and funded either way...

There is only one way such a scenario ends.

Offline libertybele

Joe is too far gone mentally to be a legitimate challenger to anyone.  It may push a DEM like Manchin who is more towards the center to run in '24.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

That's really hard to believe. Where did they take that poll,Harlem?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article….

@LMAO

Yeah,what we REALLY need is another RINO in the WH!

Damn shame Boy Jorge can't run again,huh?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Yeah,what we REALLY need is another RINO in the WH!

Damn shame Boy Jorge can't run again,huh?

“Sigh”

Do you have something else besides this worn out talking point? You repeating this talking point every time you read something that’s uncomfortable for you is really getting tiresome

Nominating a former president who had a lower job approval rating than the current one would be one of the dumbest ideas I think I’ve heard in a while. And no, that does not mean I support George W. Bush or Mitt Romney running again.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:21:12 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Truth! 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
roamer1:

Careful now. This inflation run started under Trumpy. All that glitters is not gold.

christian:
All that glitters is not gold, so be 'fair' and equal, give democrats a pass, and blame Trump, its what any democrat could agree to as 'fair'.
Its too easy to point and accuse unless you give democrats a pass, and blame Trump.....uh yeah ,got that, don't wear it out.  I notice how 'equal' and 'fair, as usual, makes Trump a solitary pizzing post, unless spread to accusing and pointing at Republicans too..  Some even saw what happens when that is applied the last Presidential election!
 :smokin: :2popcorn: :smokin:

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions