Author Topic: Do Americans Still Trust Our Elections?  (Read 532 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do Americans Still Trust Our Elections?
« on: July 06, 2023, 03:13:42 pm »
July 6, 2023
Do Americans Still Trust Our Elections?
By Brian C. Joondeph

Horror writer Stephen King, when not spewing far left argle-bargle (a word I learned long ago from reading one of his novels) on Twitter, may exhibit a bit of common sense.

He once said, “The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.”

Was he referring to those innocent souls who trusted Christine or Cujo? Or to innocent Americans who foolishly listen to the ruling class liars, believing in truth, justice, and the American way?

Do Americans still trust elections, whether local, state, or national?

In 16 months, America “elects” a president. I would say a new president, but the top two contenders, at least at this early date will be a former and an incumbent president.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/07/do_americans_still_trust_our_elections.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Do Americans Still Trust Our Elections?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 03:22:24 pm »
I trust elections because they are run by states and municipalities which are accountable to their citizens.

I don't trust Washington, DC ... the Swamp keeps stinking more and more.

Federalism works.  Any scheme to concentrate more power in DC is anti-thetical to the Founders' belief that the Government closest to the people governs the best.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 03:35:05 pm »
I trust elections because they are run by states and municipalities which are accountable to their citizens.

I don't trust Washington, DC ... the Swamp keeps stinking more and more.

Federalism works.  Any scheme to concentrate more power in DC is anti-thetical to the Founders' belief that the Government closest to the people governs the best.

Some municipalities are more accountable than others, and some consider locking in one-party Democratic rule to be "accountable." You only need five jurisdictions to control the outcome of a national election: Philly, Madison, Clark County, Maricopa County and Fulton County. All five of these are Democrat-controlled, and there is evidence of corruption in all five of them.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 04:24:42 pm »
One-party rule does not benefit the citizens.  We have that in Mass.  The Dems are detatched and complacent to allow our state to become more unlivable for working families and retired persons.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 05:18:51 pm »

Trust in elections should not be based on whether or not a favored candidate wins. It should mean nothing more than every ballot has an actual living voter who lives in that district and can prove it with a picture ID and that voter only gets to vote once in an election cycle

My first election was in 1984. I had to make a request for an absentee ballot because I was stationed in Fort Sill Oklahoma at that time. I got to cast my vote early, but I remember the instructions where that I had to have it in by a certain date to have it counted

Today, anyone can pretty much vote as much as they want from anywhere and we don’t have an election day, but an election season. What the hell is all this early voting crap?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 05:30:26 pm »
I trust what happens in my County (I was an election judge here for more than twenty-five years), Harris, Dallas, Bexar, and El Paso Counties, not at all! There are likely other corrupt places as well but I'm not currently aware of them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 06:06:08 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't trust them.
Let it burn.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 07:22:42 pm »

@DefiantMassRINO

If only that were true!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 01:54:20 am »
When did we adopt this idea in the country that everybody and anything should be able to vote when and as often as they like? And when do people become responsible for their own voting? Can’t get your ballot in on time? No problem. We’ll just extend the dates when those ballots are due. It’s not your responsibility to get your ballot in on time. That’s voter suppression

And ID to vote to make sure that you are an American citizen? How racist
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 01:55:13 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 11:39:09 am »
When did we adopt this idea in the country that everybody and anything should be able to vote when and as often as they like? And when do people become responsible for their own voting? Can’t get your ballot in on time? No problem. We’ll just extend the dates when those ballots are due. It’s not your responsibility to get your ballot in on time. That’s voter suppression

And ID to vote to make sure that you are an American citizen? How racist

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2023, 09:51:49 pm »
I don't.

Haven't since Obomber was elected,and it's been downhill for the US ever since.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 09:52:35 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!