Author Topic: Biden exhorts 'sorry' voters to 'get the hell up' for midterm elections  (Read 793 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Biden exhorts 'sorry' voters to 'get the hell up' for midterm elections
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2022, 09:07:25 pm »
But your posts on this subject do reflect the difficulty in enacting real fiscal restraint. The spending cuts won’t come from leadership but necessity. Ultimately, math wins

*FACTS*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2022, 09:15:41 pm »
Actually it’s about the country

Debt to GDP ratio of over 100% over the long term is damaging the any nation and the standard of living of its citizens

With over 30 trillion in debt and near record inflation currently it’s mind boggling you don’t grasp that fact. And there’s no end in sight

But your posts on this subject do reflect the difficulty the elected class has in enacting real fiscal restraint. That’s why spending  cuts won’t come from political leadership but market forces. Ultimately, math wins.

@LMAO

No,it is really about priorities and balance.

Granted,there ARE some things (defense,roads,water,electricity,etc,etc,etc) that money MUST be spent on,but there are an awful lot of things in any budget that are really optional,and only included because some congresscritter is trying to buy votes,or trying to keep a failing business in his district from having to close the doors and put people out of work.

The truth is there ain't no such critter as a budget that is even going to please a majority of voters.

What MUST be done is priorities MUST be set,and the most important items need to be voted forward,even when (which is usually) there is too much "pork" attached.

From there we drop down to the money that SHOULD be spend to improve or restore America,and finally,assuming there is any money left over,money can be spent to buy votes.

It ain't pretty,but there are no perfect answers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:17:22 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2022, 09:17:35 pm »
@LMAO

It ain't pretty,but there are no perfect answers.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2022, 10:10:07 pm »
@libertybele

I am beginning to wonder if any of us are going to live long enough to vote in the 2024 elections.

I have never seen time pass so slowly in my life.

@sneakypete you are not alone in this feeling -- I've been thinking that for awhile. I have my doubts that we may even make it to the mid terms. 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2022, 03:53:22 am »
Whats the matter people, its clearly repeat the errors of the last Presidential election AGAIN.  Give democrats a pass, and demonize and blame everything on Trump.  Democrats get a complete pass, and lie that it isn't so, then blame all spending and problems on Trump, regardless of what a whopper lie that is.
 Hitler said: The bigger the lie, the better, just keep repeating it.  History is indeed repeating itself.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions